[Dev Team] 2.8.1 Patch Released (checksum dfce)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Since checksum dfce i'm not running into any pre-sapients. I think they are disappearing somehow since I get the genetic uplift visible in researchable technologies and also getting the presapient policy tree but no presapes appear.

I can see why people get frustrated by them, nothing is ever "Properly finished" - what kind of studio are you running Mr "Game Director" ? At least make sure this is communicated properly to the community that are happy to use their own time to do QA for you.

To be fair to PDS as a whole, Stellaris is the worst case of this by far. CK2 got increasingly unwieldy and poorly balanced as time went on, but I didn't encounter nearly as many flat-out broken (and sometimes clearly abandoned) mechanics or game-breaking bugs. CK3 has already gotten multiple patches since release, focused on fixing bugs rather than altering or adding mechanics. I gave up on EU4 around the time of the third or fourth major mechanics change patch (more because of finding CK2 more enjoyable than necessarily disliking what was happening with EU4), but once again my experience was that far fewer things were outright broken/bugged.

Really, a big part of the problem is that the entire perpetual development approach to software poses particular problems for project management, and the economic incentives don't line up with having a stable feature set and fixing all of the bugs for that static product. Until/unless we have some major developers or a critical mass of consumers take a stand against the entire software-as-a-service paradigm, nothing ever being properly finished or fixed is going to be the norm across the industry. PDS isn't even the worst offender by far - Bethesda has somehow been getting away with releasing unimaginably buggy games and relying on unpaid community labor to fix problems since at least as far back as Morrowind.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Until/unless we have some major developers or a critical mass of consumers take a stand against the entire software-as-a-service paradigm, nothing ever being properly finished or fixed is going to be the norm across the industry. PDS isn't even the worst offender by far - Bethesda has somehow been getting away with releasing unimaginably buggy games and relying on unpaid community labor to fix problems since at least as far back as Morrowind.
At least, Skyrim isn't being constantly updated with patches and DLC's that break already working stuff. And the role of AI in it is far more limited.

Can we have some clarification please - I think it would be "fairer" on the community if we are told to not keep giving Sector AI feedback anymore - since Eladrin is going to dramatically change districts anyway, are you (Paradox) really going to want feedback on something you will not use and isn't going to be applicable? Some communication here may be appreciated.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I reiterate the request for an urgent bugfix on the Galactic Community breach of galactic law not-working bug. This cripples a key part of the Galactic Community system, which is quite unfortunate, especially as there are paid DLC resolutions that won't work as intended as a result.

I know I'm being a bit of a broken record here, but I think its an important bug that ought not be left to wait until a 2.9 to fix.

Reactions:
AI is too peaceful. I was playing like 10 games and not even once AI attack me.

Not even genocidal AI with overwhelming fleet power.
Use the Starnet AI mod.

Question:

When I was playing "necroid"DLC, I found that the special effects of "juggernaut" XL gun started from the star. I tried to delete all files (including MOD), and when I played the original game again, I found that this bug still existed. How can I solve this problem?

PS:My mother tongue is Chinese, this comment may have some grammatical errors, please understand

It's not a bug so much as bad design... The ship is a base and the game is currently configured to show base firepower coming from the star because (at the time) that is where all bases live in a system

Where do I find it that I might load it; and why do you folks keep on making the game obsolete to begin with? That only infuriates paying customers to begin with.

Reactions:
It seems the galactic community bug is going to fixed in the next update (2.9), judging by dev response last week. That's great! (I wish it had happened sooner, but at least it will be fixed.)

• 1Like
Reactions:
Where do I find it that I might load it; and why do you folks keep on making the game obsolete to begin with? That only infuriates paying customers to begin with.
You download the patch from whatever officially authorized distribution platform you downloaded the game itself from, like any other paying customer.

Reactions:
You download the patch from whatever officially authorized distribution platform you downloaded the game itself from, like any other paying customer.
I got it from Steam on Paradox; it wasn't obtained in a store, and I haven't been able to find it at all; so if you could send me the link to these patches, providing that they will work, irrespective of anything that could possibly interfere, I should be satisfied.
Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find it for the life of me, so this's why I am writing these letters.