[Dev Team] 2.7.2 Patch Released [checksum 60bf]

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Obidobi

Producer - Stellaris
Paradox Staff
33 Badges
Aug 4, 2011
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Sengoku
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • 500k Club
Hello everyone!

We're finally done with the verification process of 2.7.2, and in addition to the fixes on the beta branch right now we've added a few more. Thank you for your patience :)

#################################################################
######################### VERSION 2.7.2 ###########################
#################################################################

######################
# Stability & Performance
######################

* Crashfix related to animated GUIs.
* Fixed pops checking factions daily, which was the cause of the performance issues.
* Crashfix for a weird special case when opening the resettlement screen

######################
# AI
######################

* Fixed a bug when AI won't upgrade starbases if already reached max cap for starbases
* The AI is more willing to lower federation centralization if they are the federation president. They now care about if Cohesion and Monthly Cohesion are negative.

######################
# Bugfixes
######################

* Fixed _grey_grey_grey_grey... Text.
* If you pacify space crystals, roaming space crystal fleets will be neutral to you.
* The final results event for the Trade League Join Operation now reliably fires.
* You can no longer select energy or resources you don't have access to through the top bar.
* Removed error spam due to invalid contact location with empires that have no capital. A contact location will now more reliably be found.
* No matter how hard they try, non-psionic pops are now barred from the Telepath job.
* Killing the Tiyanki Matriarch now only displeases the Galactic Community if the Tiyanki Conservation Act has actually passed.
* Tweaked a few snags.
* Dynamic flags should now make Shoulders of Giants Arc Sites "belong" to its respective user.
* Secessionist rebellions can now only happen on a planet if at least one pop has happiness.
* Added colony_event flag - and the removal of it at the end.
* Fixed so that a smaller type of the same threat pops up if it's early in the game.
* Fixed a case where the Great Khan could be both dead and not dead at the same time.
* Fixed so the correct flag gets placed when allowing slaves again, after they’ve been banned by the galactic community.
* Marauders contact project is now removed from the situation log if you manage to contact them through other means.
* Armageddon stance once again create tomb world
* Your anomalies will POP once again!

Save games shouldn't be adversely affected by the switch from 2.7.1 to 2.7.2, but just in case you do encounter issues, you can roll back to a prior version via right click on Stellaris in library -> properties -> betas -> choose the desired version.

If you want to do crossplay MP between Steam and our other release platforms (Plaza/GOG/MS Store), you need to opt in to the crossplay beta "stellaris_test" by the same method.

• 33Like
  • 2Love
Reactions:
Developers it would be VERY good if you will start to show which game files change update and which don't touch.

For modders to check everything (all game files) even after small hotfix - it is sado maso...

• 6Like
Reactions:
Developers it would be VERY good if you will start to show which game files change update and which don't touch.

For modders to check everything (all game files) even after small hotfix - it is sado maso...

Sort after last edited, check date, update the relevant files. What's the problem?

Reactions:
Hi!
I recently play with a friend a multiplayer game. A new empire have poped out near the fallen empire on a system with holy world and asked for my protectorate. They didn’t colonize the planet and seems like they dont even have pops. I tried to integrate them after 10 years but nothing happened. I tried once again when he was a president of the federation and he still wasnt integreted but it created a bug with federation fleets. He had still some lonely faderated ships and I had two fleets around 20k each. I have colonized the holy world and defeated the fallen empire (ereased them from the galaxy). The federation fleets moved to my friend but i was still stuck with two federation fleets as before. When it moved to my turn, I finally had whole federation fleet but still couldnt integrate the subject even though his system belongs to me. Will the patch fix the integration of that subject? I really dont need them in my federation.
Thanks!

Last edited:
Any chance people getting dragged into an offensive war, probably due to auto accept when timed out, getting a fix?

• 3Like
Reactions:

Take a baseline copy of the Stellaris game files at the version your mod is set against (e.g. 2.7.1). In particular take a copy of the files that you modify. Then use a diff compare tool to look for folder differences across difference releases of Stellaris. This should pick up the changes in one go.

WinMerge offers this capability, and there are other free source control tools that offer the same functionality.

• 2Like
Reactions:

have you considered creating a git-repository in the directory? It would directly be able to tell you which files have changed & for text-based files, you'd be able to see the differences (exactly which line changed and from what to what).

• 6Like
Reactions:
scroll bars still broken lol

• 3Like
Reactions:
I've expected at least 20 new bugs fixes added since 2.7.2-beta release...
This is quite underwhelming...

I think Stellaris is very very close to be negative review bombed.

• 3Like
Reactions:
Nice to see the patch implemented. Still hoping we get a fix for Crisis to teach it how to expand and properly conquer the galaxy. Even at x25 its no threat because it eventually stops conquering. Give it x100 construction ships or fix the Crisis building AI.

Also hoping for tweaks to the Great Good resolution, make it available to everyone and you fix late game pop management finally for everyone.

Hoping you are paying good attention to Stefan's balance mod to teach you guys how to properly balance spiritualists vs Materialists, which has been an issue since 2.2

And lastly I'm hoping for the ability to pre-build buildings and districts on my planets because planet automation is harmful and while micromanagement is interesting, the lategame micromanagement is absolute hell and the game gets more and more tedious the more planets you gain.

Reactions: