[Dev Team] 2.7.2 Beta Patch Released (checksum 2dec)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
it's harder to attack a federation associate than it is your own federation member

a fed member I can kick and make war on, without a vote, as fed president with prez-kicks and prez-war laws

a fed associate I can't declare war on, and I can't remove fed association status because my other fed members want them to stay assoc, favors aren't used for that vote, and there's no law that lets the president unilaterally end association status

thanks pdx

• 2Like
Reactions:
That would be an awful approach. What if some seemingly innocuous bug fix introduces some catastrophic error and breaks everyone's game. Not like you can then roll back to the previous beta. The public beta branch should be a bit ahead of the release version but still a bit behind the newest internal work-in-progress build.

I would like them to do betas with roughly weekly updates of new fixes that they are fairly confident won't break the game, though.

Okay I'm gonna fix my sentence... Every new INTERNALY TESTED/PROVEN bug fix should be added immediately to beta branch

• 1Like
Reactions:
I would like them to do betas with roughly weekly updates of new fixes that they are fairly confident won't break the game, though.
They could do two different builds. One like they do today, another one for "Nightly builds", where the risk for losing your save game is high. I've seen developer doing this and it becomes a player's choice and risk.

Reactions:
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
it's harder to attack a federation associate than it is your own federation member

a fed member I can kick and make war on, without a vote, as fed president with prez-kicks and prez-war laws

a fed associate I can't declare war on, and I can't remove fed association status because my other fed members want them to stay assoc, favors aren't used for that vote, and there's no law that lets the president unilaterally end association status

thanks pdx
if you have vote weight set to diplomatic it migh let you kick them out if you are the most powerful

Hello everyone!

We know you've been waiting on us to fix the performance issue, and we have finally found the cause and fixed it! However, we haven't properly tested this build yet. So in the good old fashioned "getting you the fixes as soon as possible" way that we work here on Stellaris, we have set up a beta branch in Steam that you can opt into while we continue our verification process in-house!

#################################################################
######################### VERSION 2.7.2 ###########################
#################################################################

######################
# Stability & Performance
######################

* Crashfix related to animated GUIs.
* Fixed pops checking factions daily, which was the cause of the performance issues.

######################
# AI
######################

* Fixed a bug when AI won't upgrade starbases if already reached max cap for starbases

######################
# Bugfixes
######################

* Fixed _grey_grey_grey_grey... Text.
* If you pacify space crystals, roaming space crystal fleets will be neutral to you.
* The final results event for the Trade League Join Operation now reliably fires.
* You can no longer select energy or resources you don't have access to through the top bar.
* Removed error spam due to invalid contact location with empires that have no capital. A contact location will now more reliably be found.
* Fixed a little check to exclude non-psychic Pops from the job entirely.
* Killing the Tiyanki Matriarch now only displeases the Galactic Community if the Tiyanki Conservation Act has actually passed.
* Tweaked a few snags.
* Dynamic flags should now make Shoulders of Giants Arc Sites "belong" to its respective user.
* Secessionist rebellions can now only happen on a planet if at least one pop has happiness.
* Added colony_event flag - and the removal of it at the end.
* Fixed so that a smaller type of the same threat pops up if it's early in the game.
* Fixed a case where the Great Khan could be both dead and not dead at the same time.
* Fixed so the correct flag gets placed when allowing slaves again, after they’ve been banned by the galactic community.
* Marauders contact project is now removed from the situation log if you manage to contact them through other means.

Please note that 2.7.2 is an optional beta patch. You have to manually opt in to access it. Go to your Steam library, right click on Stellaris -> Properties -> betas tab -> select "stellaris_test" branch.

If you want to play crossplay multiplayer with your friends on non-steam platforms you can opt into the "crossplay-rollback" branch in steam.

Also note that save file compatibility between versions is not guaranteed. If you have an important 2.7.1 game going, don't try to load the save in 2.7.2.

in the beta version they fix one thing but other worse ones appear ... when they are going to fix this at once since it is unplayable and it is impossible to pass the year 2400 in good condition, in other words you cannot finish the game

in the beta version they fix one thing but other worse ones appear ... when they are going to fix this at once since it is unplayable and it is impossible to pass the year 2400 in good condition, in other words you cannot finish the game
??

After long-time I've managed to finish my game by 2550 but yeah.... i had to kill some pops with planet cracker and pox typ of bombardment(relic exclusive)...
but the game was still running even tho every year past 2400 on 1.1. i had a massive lag for a few seconds, but after that the game was still running, no crash

Performance right now isn't the best but at least it's finally somewhat playable.

Does the GOG have access to the beta? It seems like the feature exists, but it asks for a password.

No. GoG Lancher has the possibility to access a private beta channel. But Paradox needs to actively support this.

Its been over a week. Please, either make the beta for GoG available, or finish the patch yesterday. Stallaris 2.7.1. is a paint drying simulator.

• 3Like
Reactions:
I wonder if using the GoG beta channels are byzantine, draconian, or both for developers, and maybe that's why only Steam gets a beta.

Just think of it like this - the Paradox empire is playing tall. Steam is their homeworld, GoG just a colony world. Ooh, and other empires are, like, other 4X games. And, like, Master of Orion is a fallen empire, or better yet a precursor! Yeah! And the Space Amoebas are computer viruses, and the (insert name of game you dislike) are Marauders, and the Curators are... uh... um... game curators?

Excessively bludgeoned metaphors aside, I do wonder when the GoG update is coming. I'd like to play a game that isn't crippled.

I wonder if using the GoG beta channels are byzantine, draconian, or both for developers, and maybe that's why only Steam gets a beta.

It probably is hard to use. But with how much Paradox has been relying on betas to put out important fixes, I would argue that not having access to the betas means that they really aren't fully supporting the game on GoG. That's a real shame considering that they are still selling it for full price over there...

It probably is hard to use. But with how much Paradox has been relying on betas to put out important fixes, I would argue that not having access to the betas means that they really aren't fully supporting the game on GoG. That's a real shame considering that they are still selling it for full price over there...
I wouldn't expect them to release betas through other non-Steam platforms until they release them on their own platform which they haven't done so far.

That would be an awful approach. What if some seemingly innocuous bug fix introduces some catastrophic error and breaks everyone's game.

That's what a BETA channel is literally for, though. One should never expect stable and "normal" play on a Beta patch. They're for testing. And for breaking thing before they come into the live environment.

I think Paradox is doing themselves a huge disservice by using the Beta branch as a required and "stable" (the way many perceive it now, and Paradox not doing any communication to work against that picture) "preview channel" for next updates.

If it was regularly breaking things, that would be GOOD, as it would be working as intended and give Paradox more of a heads-up that thing are wrong.

The way they're doing it now clearly doesn't work as there hasn't been a new patch that didn't break /something/ since the game launched...

Reactions:
Question: is this performance fix aimed to fix an issue that was created in a recent patch or to fix the performance problems that's been apparent in stellaris for ages?

Still no Construction complete notification for starbases and planets :eek:
How am I supposed to play if I don't know what's been built?

I have those notifications . Are you sure that you did not disable them? If you disable one of them they carry over between games. Customize the right ledger (Outliner) to see your removed notifications to see if that is the problem

Last edited:
Reactions: