[Dev Team] 2.7.2 Beta Patch Released (checksum 2dec)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Reloading the save does fix the issue though as far as I'm aware, had to do it a few times in my current run but for me reloading once in an hour time or so isn't that bad.
Yeah, I can play SP, but cant play like this in MP. My mates don't want to and it is pointless to play it like that.

Reactions:
Did both of you actually play the game and encountered this bug?
The ships in queue are not added to the fleet upon finishing building, and your resources get lost in limbo...
So @MrChoke is completly right.

I even reproduced it (order ships before tech advance, and see what happens), and I also reported it somewhere (not sure if it was in the right place though). For me, the ships that I ordered before the technological advance got added to the fleet. Although it did mess up the fleet size somehow, the fleet actually was at command limit just like ordered, but the fleet manager showed that I ordered more than the command limit allows to. This had annoying consequences like me not being able to fully reinforce the fleet after a battle.

Reactions:
It is possible to "fix" the ghost ships in the queue for your fleet without reloading. Reloading is faster, but if you're on multiplayer you can split the fleet and leave just 1 ship. Kill that original fleet with just 1 ship and then re-merge everyone. The new fleet will not have the ghost queued ships.

Recommend giving the original fleet a unique name to make it easier to spot for deletion.

Of course, this is a lot of work, but until its fixed, its what I do on multiplayer games.

Reactions:
I second what darryllavigne stated. You can just transfer all of the ships to a new fleet, and delete the old one from fleetmanager. There's no to reload or leave 1 ship behind.

Reactions:
I couldn't help but notice that Habitats are still losing their Empire Capital designation.

Reactions:
I'm seeing two issues. One major, one minor.

Ships built for the Federation fleet seem to consistently disappear, except for one small squadron. I'm not the Fed president; is the Fed leader disbanding them?

The occupation display seems to be bugged. Systems will show as fully occupied even after the original owner retakes the local starbase. This gets really annoying when you need to figure out which systems are being demanded by an ally but still aren't controlled when you're trying to force a peace. Fortunately, the FTL inhibitor icon displays correctly, which can sometimes give a hint.

Reactions:
I'm surprised there are no new bug fixes being added to 2.7.2 ... It's beta branch ! Give us regular bug fixes ! Not the final version only !

• 1Like
Reactions:
I'm surprised there are no new bug fixes being added to 2.7.2 ... It's beta branch ! Give us regular bug fixes ! Not the final version only !

I wonder if they crunched madly to get the beta branch to a working state in time for the free weekend and are all still burned-out from that.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I wonder if they crunched madly to get the beta branch to a working state in time for the free weekend and are all still burned-out from that.

I doubt it has anything to do with that... this is how it was even with previous beta branches and it's just wroooong... Every new bug fix should be added immediately to beta branch

• 1Like
Reactions:
What happened to GoG getting the beta branch updates?

Was it actually ever confirmed that Paradox would at some point support the GoG beta channel?
I would love that, although I have no clue how labor intensive that might be for the Devs. My current 2.7.1. endgame is like watching grass grow. o_O

Reactions:
It would be wonderful if some of the last remaining OoS-issues from archeology sites (The Endless Expanse ) and anomaly events (Gas Giant Signal - on later events when they come back and want a planet) could be fixed. Then everything would have been so perfect.

Reactions:
Was it actually ever confirmed that Paradox would at some point support the GoG beta channel?
I would love that, although I have no clue how labor intensive that might be for the Devs. My current 2.7.1. endgame is like watching grass grow. o_O

Pretty sure that's how it was a while ago, where Steam users had to use the beta patch to be able to MP with GoG users who just always had the latest patch/version. Not sure what changed.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I doubt it has anything to do with that... this is how it was even with previous beta branches and it's just wroooong... Every new bug fix should be added immediately to beta branch

That would be an awful approach. What if some seemingly innocuous bug fix introduces some catastrophic error and breaks everyone's game. Not like you can then roll back to the previous beta. The public beta branch should be a bit ahead of the release version but still a bit behind the newest internal work-in-progress build.

I would like them to do betas with roughly weekly updates of new fixes that they are fairly confident won't break the game, though.

• 1Like
Reactions: