[Dev Team] 2.7.2 Beta Patch Released (checksum 2dec)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
This is a real pain when the Khan even fires. Even the Khan AI will take 1 or 2 system then send his fleet to the complete other side of his space and take 1 or 2 systems. Then back he goes, its like watching a game of tennis. The Khan should also split his fleet a little more, 6 fleets totaling about 150k all moving together. That should be at least 2-3 fleets split hitting different targets.

The Khan also has 3-4 fleets at his capital just bouncing between 2 stations around the sun for the entire time, stuck in a loop. It has done this now for a number of patches. The time it takes the Khan to bunch from one side of the empire to the other has he slowly conquers takes up most of his time, when he could be slaying half the galaxy as a real threat rather then just a snooze fest unless he starts on your border.
Even with his game of tennis, he gets around a quarter of my medium-sized galaxies.:eek:

Even with his game of tennis, he gets around a quarter of my medium-sized galaxies.:eek:

If the Khan gets an early submission from an AI, he expands better as the Auxiliary fleets tend to attack separately to the main fleet.

If is rather over kill the Chosen of the Khan fleet 38k + 2 x 33k fleets, then 4 x 23k fleets and a 6k fleet all moving around as a doom stack. Should at least split that in half then the AI's might be able to beat him down in time, or some of the larger Federations counter him. Even if the home fleet at the capital which is stuck in a loop did some attacking separate to the main fleet.

I think the Khan AI needs some tweaking but it seems to the AI in generally bounces from one point to another like a game of tennis. Not always but must be when it gets its priorities constantly changing when it has more then one avenue to attack from.

* Factions now need at least 5 pops to have their ethos before they can be spawned.

This is in the beta an egalitarian faction spawned with only 4 pops.

Attachments

• faction.jpg
    faction.jpg
    375,4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Funny, Khan in my games tend to suicide into fallen empires. I did got unlucky and had to submit vassalage once, but in mere 5 years he's killed by a xenophobe FE.
That's a bit weird. That specific behavior got fixed many patches ago... I guess it got unfixed...

• 1Haha
Reactions:
Funny, Khan in my games tend to suicide into fallen empires. I did got unlucky and had to submit vassalage once, but in mere 5 years he's killed by a xenophobe FE.
Oh, that happened in one of my games, literally he rose up and immediately jumped into a FE and was killed.

Talk about an anti-climax!

PDX, why are you not doing anything about the horrendous "Sector AI bug"? The one where the sector AI is completely brain-dead. IT HAS BEEN TWO FULL RELEASES that you have ignored this bug. Can you fix this?????

In case it got lost. Here is the bug report, created back on March 26nd

• 2Haha
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Your ships are being added to the fleet anyway, it’s just a notification error anytime the fleet manager updates a ship design upon technological advance while there are still ships queued.
Yeah, I've never lost resources, simply that the fleet won't reinforce to the max because it thinks they're already full

Did both of you actually play the game and encountered this bug?
The ships in queue are not added to the fleet upon finishing building, and your resources get lost in limbo...
So @MrChoke is completly right.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Did both of you actually play the game and encountered this bug?
The ships in queue are not added to the fleet upon finishing building, and your resources get lost in limbo...
So @MrChoke is completly right.
Actually yes, I've played over 100 hours in the last few weeks and this bug is bloody annoying! However, I didn't realise they were actually lost ships, I just thought it was a blocker (in effect), I didn't realise it was actually a ship I'd paid for but not got.

In this case, yes, this needs to be fixed, its gone on way too long. I didn't realise it was actually costing me resources! lol! (Sorry)

• 1Haha
Reactions:
Actually yes, I've played over 100 hours in the last few weeks and this bug is bloody annoying! However, I didn't realise they were actually lost ships, I just thought it was a blocker (in effect), I didn't realise it was actually a ship I'd paid for but not got.

In this case, yes, this needs to be fixed, its gone on way too long. I didn't realise it was actually costing me resources! lol! (Sorry)
I realized it when i got slapped by FE and needed a lot of resources to build a lot of ships asap. So I sold everything I had, bought a pile of alloys and ended up with no ships and no alloys. How exciting

• 2Haha
Reactions: