[Dev Team] 2.7.2 Beta Patch Released (checksum 2dec)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Admittedly, this should be somewhat low priority compared to other issues like the ghost reinforcement bug that plagues the Fleet Manager, but... when can we expect to see Lithoids building Lithoid robots like they should? ;)
Yeah, dat issue destroys me, I am tired of it...Ghost reinforcement s**ks hard and destroy my playthrough.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Yeah, dat issue destroys me, I am tired of it...Ghost reinforcement s**ks hard and destroy my playthrough.
I wouldn’t say it “destroys” playthroughs per se; reloading the game is all you need to do to solve it in the short term. That being said, one should not have to do that.
I have a suspicion that needs testing, though, in terms of how to reproduce it. I wonder if auto-upgrades are the culprit here... Like, researching new components tech while you’re constructing new ships, and your design tries to update accordingly but the Fleet Manager gets confused or something.

Reactions:
Can a dev answer this please? What are the parameters for the newly added -rng_position and "-rng_seed" ? For example say I want to force spawn the player in the galactic center.

Reactions:
I wouldn’t say it “destroys” playthroughs per se; reloading the game is all you need to do to solve it in the short term. That being said, one should not have to do that.
I have a suspicion that needs testing, though, in terms of how to reproduce it. I wonder if auto-upgrades are the culprit here... Like, researching new components tech while you’re constructing new ships, and your design tries to update accordingly but the Fleet Manager gets confused or something.
Will 7 partymates will be willing to reload each time one of em starts to have that issue? If that is not destroyng game I dunno what to say then. In SP its easier yes, but what bout MP??

Reactions:
Will 7 partymates will be willing to reload each time one of em starts to have that issue? If that is not destroyng game I dunno what to say then. In SP its easier yes, but what bout MP??
Point taken. That does exacerbate the issue considerably.

Make no mistake, though, I’m absolutely in the camp that this should be a high-priority fix. I just didn’t think about the multiplayer implications, despite playing multiplayer with a measure of regularity.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Do I understand it right, cross play is not part of this beta branch (It was previously)?
If you want to crossplay, you need to use the crossplay_rollback branch and play on 2.7.1 until we release the final 2.7.2

Can a dev answer this please? What are the parameters for the newly added -rng_position and "-rng_seed" ? For example say I want to force spawn the player in the galactic center.
You cannot use these parameters to spawn the player in the middle of the galaxy. These paramters are used to initialize our (lord and savior the) RNG. The RNG provides the source of all randomness in the galaxy, and this lets you it to a specific value. It was created mainly as a debug tool for us,

• 2Like
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
Thanks for this - I honestly didn't expect the starbase upgrade bug to be fixed in this one. I only hoped for performance and the energy bug.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Please fix the Commonwealth of Man origins bug. As a lost colony the UNE should spawn in the galaxy with them, but does not. Check my post history for bug report.

• 1Like
Reactions:
* Secessionist rebellions can now only happen on a planet if at least one pop has happiness.
And will only pops that experience happiness rebel, or will that one pop drag all the robots on the planet along (for example) on the path to revolution?
Genuinely curious as I cant remember the last time I even saw a secessionist event.

Reactions: