[Dev Team] 2.7.2 Beta Patch Released (checksum 2dec)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Obidobi

Producer - Stellaris
Paradox Staff
33 Badges
Aug 4, 2011
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Sengoku
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • 500k Club
Hello everyone!

We know you've been waiting on us to fix the performance issue, and we have finally found the cause and fixed it! However, we haven't properly tested this build yet. So in the good old fashioned "getting you the fixes as soon as possible" way that we work here on Stellaris, we have set up a beta branch in Steam that you can opt into while we continue our verification process in-house!

#################################################################
######################### VERSION 2.7.2 ###########################
#################################################################

######################
# Stability & Performance
######################

* Crashfix related to animated GUIs.
* Fixed pops checking factions daily, which was the cause of the performance issues.

######################
# AI
######################

* Fixed a bug when AI won't upgrade starbases if already reached max cap for starbases

######################
# Bugfixes
######################

* Fixed _grey_grey_grey_grey... Text.
* If you pacify space crystals, roaming space crystal fleets will be neutral to you.
* The final results event for the Trade League Join Operation now reliably fires.
* You can no longer select energy or resources you don't have access to through the top bar.
* Removed error spam due to invalid contact location with empires that have no capital. A contact location will now more reliably be found.
* Fixed a little check to exclude non-psychic Pops from the job entirely.
* Killing the Tiyanki Matriarch now only displeases the Galactic Community if the Tiyanki Conservation Act has actually passed.
* Tweaked a few snags.
* Dynamic flags should now make Shoulders of Giants Arc Sites "belong" to its respective user.
* Secessionist rebellions can now only happen on a planet if at least one pop has happiness.
* Added colony_event flag - and the removal of it at the end.
* Fixed so that a smaller type of the same threat pops up if it's early in the game.
* Fixed a case where the Great Khan could be both dead and not dead at the same time.
* Fixed so the correct flag gets placed when allowing slaves again, after they’ve been banned by the galactic community.
* Marauders contact project is now removed from the situation log if you manage to contact them through other means.

Please note that 2.7.2 is an optional beta patch. You have to manually opt in to access it. Go to your Steam library, right click on Stellaris -> Properties -> betas tab -> select "stellaris_test" branch.

If you want to play crossplay multiplayer with your friends on non-steam platforms you can opt into the "crossplay-rollback" branch in steam.

Also note that save file compatibility between versions is not guaranteed. If you have an important 2.7.1 game going, don't try to load the save in 2.7.2.

• 44Like
  • 2Love
Reactions:
Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
As it is stated in the bug report. But the feedback doesn't seem to be too good about it.
I saw that a minute after posting, and I edited my comment

• 1Like
Reactions:
I want to really thank the developers for the fast follow-up here. I've also noticed a lot more visible activity and engagement in the bug report forum with both devs and QA staff, and want you to know that we genuinely appreciate it.

• 21Like
Reactions:
Admittedly, this should be somewhat low priority compared to other issues like the ghost reinforcement bug that plagues the Fleet Manager, but... when can we expect to see Lithoids building Lithoid robots like they should? ;)

• 1Like
Reactions:
It'll be fixed in the final 2.7.2

Thanks for the swift update! Did you get a chance to implement those changes to rng_position and rng_seed you were working on? Or will those wait until final release? Either way when its done could you give a brief explanation on how to actually use those? I never want to have to restart to get my desired galaxy position again! :p

* Dynamic flags should now make Shoulders of Giants Arc Sites "belong" to its respective user.
It's nice that you used "allow" to actually block the ability to research wrong site, but are you sure it makes sense to be able to see it? Shouldn't it be both? Or shouldn't the fact that AI has no respect for visibility be fixed?