[Dev Team] 2.7.2 Beta Patch Released (checksum 2dec)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Better hope Stellaris 2 is in development if you want some larger changes.
To be honest, the changes from 1.9 to 2.0 and also 2.2 could be seen as an entirely different game, a Stellaris 2 within Stellaris. If there is one game I believe everything is possible and up for debate and for change, it would be Stellaris. The devs have shown that they are not scared to overhaul major systems, something I haven't seen them do for, for example, EU4. If one wants to hope for larger changes, their best hope already lies with Stellaris. Cause the devs have shown that they are willing to do it. Something espionage-like is definitely a possibility in future, I think they even had it in their list for what they want to tackle in future. One really don't need to hope for Stellaris 2 to get such a change. We need to put our hope in this one first and foremost.

Reactions:
Does this fix the infinite energy exploit?

1589661609367.png

Reactions:
I'm playing 2.7.2 beta, and apparently I'm not seeing any war votes in my research coop federation? My fed allies are just going to war without any notice or vote, kind of messing up my plans. Level 2-3 fed with no non-default laws. Is this normal or yet another dumb bug? If a bug, is this new?

Reactions:
I'm playing 2.7.2 beta, and apparently I'm not seeing any war votes in my research coop federation? My fed allies are just going to war without any notice or vote, kind of messing up my plans. Level 2-3 fed with no non-default laws. Is this normal or yet another dumb bug? If a bug, is this new?
Check what the law is for war; is it Unanimous, Majority, or simply President Only? (I don't remember the default for research co-ops, sorry). As a general rule, federating with AIs when any law will be "Majority" is a fool's game.

With that said, you should still be getting notifications at the top about what the outcome of the vote was, unless it's set to President Decides. The AI votes instantly, though; if a majority of them vote one way and the law is majority rule, you won't have a chance to influence anything.

Reactions:
nice, glad to see performance's back on the menu
is the oligarchy election bug going to be fixed any time soon?

This is the one I'm waiting for. Major function of the game that is not working...

But, thanks to the Devs for the quick turn around on all these other issues!

Last edited:
Reactions:
Check what the law is for war; is it Unanimous, Majority, or simply President Only? (I don't remember the default for research co-ops, sorry). As a general rule, federating with AIs when any law will be "Majority" is a fool's game.

With that said, you should still be getting notifications at the top about what the outcome of the vote was, unless it's set to President Decides. The AI votes instantly, though; if a majority of them vote one way and the law is majority rule, you won't have a chance to influence anything.

No laws have been passed, it's a default laws federation. Should be unanimous vote according to https://stellaris.paradoxwikis.com/Federation#Federation_laws

I'm not seeing votes happen at all, just poof, "war"

I double checked, it's set to unanimous vote

Last edited:
nice, glad to see performance's back on the menu
is the oligarchy election bug going to be fixed any time soon?
I don't see it in the patch notes, but I just had an oligarchy election after upgrading my 2.7.1 save to the 2.7.2 beta and I now have four candidates from my leader pool, instead of the one choice level 1 rando from before.

• 2Like
Reactions:
ship_starting_experience_add (used on the Military Alliance federation passive, and on the new Fleet Supremacy edict) DOES NOT WORK on country scope. Seems to only work at starbase scope. This has been true since 2.6.0...

Any ETA on the GOG version of the beta patch?

GOG also have a beta channel you can opt into, but the beta patch isn't available there yet.

Reactions:
Can you make Crime on planets notifications optional, or just skip it if you still have enough buff to cancel it? It's really annoying in mid to late game where it keeps popping up even if effective crime is zero thanks to stacks of positive buffs. Makes playing pacifist or xeno bothersome.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Please fix the Lost Colony origin for the Deneb system. To reproduce:

1) start a new game as the pre-made CoM
2) open console and type "observe"
3) check if the UNE spawned. it never does for me on this patch
4) quit to menu
5) edit the pre-made CoM to change the home system to Random then start a new game
6) open console and type "observe"
7) UNE will be spawned as an advanced nation

Reactions:
I've run into this as well, i end up having to try and maintain my federation leadership and then change the laws to leader only as a crude work around to this problem

Whilst I haven't had that, I did get the warning before, but I have noticed that things that would popup alerts have been reluctant to do so with 2.7, i.e. anomaly found etc..

I did however find that my ally did want to start a war, but I only noticed due to the icon, there was no automatic popup (I'm not sure if it did this before, tbh - but the icons are easy to miss, especially when upgrading defence platforms will cause notification spam as you get an alert for every platform, rather than when the last platform at starbase is upgraded.

Please tell me that the fleet manager ghost recruiting bug fix be apart of final 2.7.2?

Also "encourage AI allied fleet to follow" seriously needs to be fixed because it doesn't work at all. This is a huge issue and really limits tactical maneuvering , i think this whole system needs to be redone and properly addressed. I think it would be a good idea to have a system where you can assign an AI fleet to dedicate follow one of your fleet or something similar to that. But a total rework and option to implement a joint strategy with allied AI fleets would be very valuable fix and addition.

Also the AI offense is severely lacking in that i have seen the AI attack as it should but then just sits in a system for days on end wasting time when it would make more sense to keep attacking especially when the enemy fleets are all in my land attacking me!

This is a real pain when the Khan event fires. Even the Khan AI will take 1 or 2 system then send his fleet to the complete other side of his space and take 1 or 2 systems. Then back he goes, its like watching a game of tennis. The Khan should also split his fleet a little more, 6 fleets totaling about 150k all moving together. That should be at least 2-3 fleets split hitting different targets.

The Khan also has 3-4 fleets at his capital just bouncing between 2 stations around the sun for the entire time, stuck in a loop. It has done this now for a number of patches. The time it takes the Khan to bunch from one side of the empire to the other has he slowly conquers takes up most of his time, when he could be slaying half the galaxy as a real threat rather then just a snooze fest unless he starts on your border.

Last edited: