[Dev Team] 2.6.3 Beta Patch Released [checksum ae56]

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'm in a similar boat, I love the idea of playing Cyborgs, but don't really wanna go full Synth. I wish there were an option to mix and match.. take two of the 'first level' ascensions instead of following one path to rank 2.. maybe just make it so you can take any two ascension perks you qualify for, and then you get cut off. Would love to have Psy-borgs without having to game the pop system.

Flavor-wise, I'm more interested in Gene. Modded psionics. Like the Vorlons. That's just me tho.

Internally, the Trade League effect was deemed too strong when we set them to have full energy along with the Consumer Goods and Unity.

There were several posts mentioning empires getting crippled economically by suddenly losing potentially significant amounts of EC generation from trade after joining a Trade League, so we're giving them the option to opt out of the policy.

Getting all three at full power is part of one of the later stages, right? Like I think I remember that being the final evolution, right?

* Fixed a bug where casus belli for colossus weren't added.
I haven't used colossi much, but tried it out in my latest pacifist run. Is it on purpose pacifists doesn't get the CB? It would make sense, but thought I would get it.

Getting all three at full power is part of one of the later stages, right? Like I think I remember that being the final evolution, right?
Nope. You get the policy at level 1 but there is no changes to it at later levels.

Last edited:
My personal opinion: I agree with the decision to leave trade league policy at 0.5 energy. Giving them 1 energy per trade value in addition to consumer goods and unity would make them way too strong. I think it's still really, *really* strong how it is now.

* Added a trigger "galaxy_size" which returns true if the size of the galaxy is the one tested by the trigger. Usage= "galaxy_size = medium".

I was missing this a few weeks ago, when I really wanted to be able to mod system_initialisers to only spawn on specific map sizes! Very nice, thank you!

Fleets still start without a home port.

Can you please change the way populations are selected to grow? It's the biggest flavor fail in the game and completely ruins some playstyle/roleplaying options without modding or extreme micromanagement.

If I enslave a planet with low habitibility for my main species and install a few of my main species as rulers there, and then maybe relocate a few slaves to my homeworld, what populations should be growing? Obviously my main species on my homeworld, and the slave species on their planet. However, the way it currently works is the exact OPPOSITE of the way it should intuitively work. My main species, which only occupies 2 jobs in the ruler stratum and has 20% habitability on the slave planet will be the ONLY species to reproduce on that planet, while on my homeworld which is 90% my species and 10% slaves will have an explosion of slave growth for no intuitive reason.

The only way to solve this is either setting population controls on the slave species (a half measure, since your main species will still reproduce on the low habitability slave planet), setting the reproduction settings manually for both planets (costing you a whopping 20% growth), or doing tedious micromanagement each time they reproduce, moving one slave from your homeworld and switching them for one citizen from the slave world.

Currently the system works exactly the opposite way that it intuitively should. Populations should grow mostly based on their habitability, and the majority pop should be more likely to reproduce, not less. Letting one foreign pop into your homeworld causes it to become a 50/50 split within a few generations, because that one foreign pop will be the only one to reproduce, and it makes no sense.

Did the Interstellar Assembly get changed at some point to no longer require being build in your capital system? I ask because that would be a problematic interference with the Ringworld start no longer allowing major megastructure construction in the system as you would no longer be able to build it without moving capitals.

Could you put a federation policy that improves relations between 2 allies that are rivals each other? that is, a potential ally that you want to invite to be a member of the federation, but that the other members do not want in the team.

Also increasing the construction limit of the dayson Sphere megastructures and the matter decompressor, the demand for minerals and energy become overwhelming in the late game, I think that increasing the limit to 3 of each would be enough. in a megastructure that stores an overwhelming amount of resources. Greetings.

Last edited:
Is this list of bugfixes the final version to be included once this patch is out of beta? And then that's it until May?

Because if so, it appears that the way we are leaving this is that 'Federations' DLC breaks the ability to declare wars specifically if you try to... join a federation.

Is this list of bugfixes the final version to be included once this patch is out of beta? And then that's it until May?

Because if so, it appears that the way we are leaving this is that 'Federations' DLC breaks the ability to declare wars specifically if you try to... join a federation.

Would love to get a response to this.

Can you please change the way populations are selected to grow? It's the biggest flavor fail in the game and completely ruins some playstyle/roleplaying options without modding or extreme micromanagement.

If I enslave a planet with low habitibility for my main species and install a few of my main species as rulers there, and then maybe relocate a few slaves to my homeworld, what populations should be growing? Obviously my main species on my homeworld, and the slave species on their planet. However, the way it currently works is the exact OPPOSITE of the way it should intuitively work. My main species, which only occupies 2 jobs in the ruler stratum and has 20% habitability on the slave planet will be the ONLY species to reproduce on that planet, while on my homeworld which is 90% my species and 10% slaves will have an explosion of slave growth for no intuitive reason.

The only way to solve this is either setting population controls on the slave species (a half measure, since your main species will still reproduce on the low habitability slave planet), setting the reproduction settings manually for both planets (costing you a whopping 20% growth), or doing tedious micromanagement each time they reproduce, moving one slave from your homeworld and switching them for one citizen from the slave world.

Currently the system works exactly the opposite way that it intuitively should. Populations should grow mostly based on their habitability, and the majority pop should be more likely to reproduce, not less. Letting one foreign pop into your homeworld causes it to become a 50/50 split within a few generations, because that one foreign pop will be the only one to reproduce, and it makes no sense.

I agree with this.

It should either be based on what species has the highest growth rate, or what species has the highest habitability. Basing it off which species is the minority on that planet is beyond stupid.

I also don't understand why they have a 20% growth penalty for when you want to select the species.

I will be extremely disappointed if these are the only bug fixes included in 2.6.3. Fixing the federation/CB bug should have been the top of their priority list.

Last edited:
I agree with this.

It should either be based on what species has the highest growth rate, or what species has the highest habitability. Basing it off which species is the minority on that planet is beyond stupid.

I also don't understand why they have a 20% growth penalty for when you want to select the species.

I will be extremely disappointed if this is the only bug fixes included in 2.6.3. Fixing the federation/CB bug should have been the top of their priority list.

What would be ideal is random draw based on proportion, with a double chance on home planet, and then a modifier based on habitability/breeding rate/citizenship

Internally, the Trade League effect was deemed too strong when we set them to have full energy along with the Consumer Goods and Unity.

Disappointing. I was waiting for this to be patched. Without it, I don't see any particular reason to start any trade federations. The 15% energy tax will outweigh any unity gains I will get from the trade policy. This essentially kills the core part of the DLC as trade federations were the only useful ones, everything else is more about RP rather than any actual benefits for the player.