[Dev Team] 2.6.3 Beta Patch Released [checksum ae56]

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
But are you finding that pops are not swapping? As in the 'fix' didn't work? I know you still get a somewhat random allocation of ethics to your starting pops.

I haven't tested the second run yet, and afterwards I'll do two more runs using Conformists to see if +30% is going to make a difference.

But as others have pointed out, suppressing factions seems to do nothing at all (in fact, I can confirm that my suppressed Spiritualist faction as a Fan Materialist empire grew faster than my secondary Military faction (though I didn't have many wars, fair enough) and MUCH faster than my unsuppressed minor Authoritarian one)

I haven't tested the second run yet, and afterwards I'll do two more runs using Conformists to see if +30% is going to make a difference.

But as others have pointed out, suppressing factions seems to do nothing at all (in fact, I can confirm that my suppressed Spiritualist faction as a Fan Materialist empire grew faster than my secondary Military faction (though I didn't have many wars, fair enough) and MUCH faster than my unsuppressed minor Authoritarian one)

It's not just suppressing that doesn't work, your pops never move towards the number is says it should. It's still just as broken as it was before these two patches which were meant to 'fix' it.

This has been an issue in the game for an incredibly long time. I'd rather they said nothing rather than giving us patch notes with 'fixes' in it over and over again which don't work.

Get it together.

Well, now that you brought it up I kinda agree. Hopefully PDX can clarify because it kinda seems odd for an issue to be getting fixed for the second continuous update while... duh, staying broken all the same.

Like others have commented I applaud the nerfs to robots/synths. Requiring an extra foundry for every 3 roboticist yards in the early game is a good choice to help slow down their absurd early growth potential.

I am curious is it on the horizon to revisit the ascension perks and their comparative strength to one another? It would be nice to not have every competitive build be a variation of materialist/synth for once. (Or machine empire)

Maybe a look at the numbers around roboticist/assemblers adding base growth? That seems to be the issue as everything else in the game seems balanced around percent growth but then robots get thrown in a separate growth slot with their own base growth. Just one roboticist is the equivalent of 66% pop growth. (Not really since base growth is affected by all other percent modifiers) That's kind of ridiculous when the fertile trait that you get much later in the game and have to invest a special project for only gives 30%. It is mandatory to build robots right now in any competitive game so everyone's empire ends up looking the same. It would be neat to see significant genetic/psionic bonuses to pop growth that are competitive instead of building robots since pop count is king right now. Maybe technology options you can take that prevent you from building robots but massively boost base pop growth?

It would be great to see biological and psionic ascension get a significant buff. If you want to keep adding base growth for robots maybe clone vats do the same thing but for bio pops? Maybe give psionics permanent reliable options they can get from the Shroud besides just RNG so you know you aren't hamstringing yourself in a competitive game? (stuff that makes their pops better since they won't have as many)

A great UI change would be to consolidate the Anchorage naval cap additions, like how "From Pop Jobs" is all added together. At the moment they're all seperate +4s so if you have a lot of anchorages it will just keep going until it's off the screen.

Image for reference.
281990_screenshots_20200409090150_1.jpg

A great UI change would be to consolidate the Anchorage naval cap additions, like how "From Pop Jobs" is all added together. At the moment they're all seperate +4s so if you have a lot of anchorages it will just keep going until it's off the screen.

I couldn't agree more. By the time you need to reference how many titans you can build, the number of anchorages built makes it impossible and I don't want to have to remember the formula every time I want to build one.

I'm pretty sure the chief reasoning for this is that it allows players to try and maintain their status of President using the Origin, especially at higher difficulties. I don't have Federations yet, but at the end of those 20 years, does it flip to the next most powerful Empire? Because whether or not you're able to maintain higher authority over the other members, it's effectively still a status change, right? Just with a delay.

You're right. I misinterpreted the patch notes; I didn't realize that you could have Strongest AND a succession term, I thought Strongest was tied to the Status Change term. Thanks for the explanation, it was very helpful.

No fix to League of Unaligned Powers adding Empires at War with each other? This prevents any changes to succession type, and as the warring factions are now allies, they stop fighting each other but remain at war, effectively bugging out the League.

Should be easy enough to fix by forcing a status quo if two members are at war with each other upon joining.

Did you make a bug report? If not, you can hardly hope for it to have been fixed :D

Image for reference.
View attachment 564622

What did they actually fix anything in this patch? The one bugfix I was interested to see (pop ethics attraction) still doesn't work lmao.

I wish envoys don't live for ever. Make them recruitable leaders with levels and traits.
They'll still end up living forever eventually, thanks to life extension repeatables.

* You can no longer use Displacement or Neutering purge types on non-sentient robots.

well, how DO you get rid of those then, especially if you dont have access to the slave market?

also... cybrex... rip that one

converting a bunch of minerals into alloys, and spawning armies... ARMIES mind you, a feature that is utterly,... useless instead of its previous effects...

at least its not the pox... that one is still utterly useless

Well I've opted for beta and started a game with Hegemon Origin. I got completely blocked by my allies...
Does anyone else here actually play with Hegemony? I have been posting on every forum I can find that theyre broken and not gotten a single response
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...ksum-e132-diploweight-scoring-issues.1368739/

Is there a bug list somewhere that we the non employees can see what is at least acknowledged/recognized as a bug so I can stop screaming into the void?

It makes some sense if the next president is chosen by challenge instead of on a 20 year rotation, but Status Change seems like the most natural way for leadership of a hegemony to be determined; the state in a position of power won't allow itself to be deposed unless a competing power rises to take its place.
I believe that after the 20 year period, federation leadership still falls to whoever is the strongest.

Fixed a bug where you could replace starbase shipyards.

Not sure if anyone's already mentioned this but I think this is a problem you might have fixed slightly too well. ;) Just started up a new game and am finding it impossible to replace shipyards once they've been built. The game gives you the option to do so once, but once the new module has 'built' nothing actually changes, except that you no longer have the option to replace the still-present shipyard.