[Dev Team] 2.5.1 Patch Released [checksum 1fd6]

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Jamor

PDS Producer
78 Badges
Mar 7, 2017
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • BATTLETECH
  • Surviving Mars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • BATTLETECH - Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
Hi all, Jamor here, with the news that after a weekend in beta without new breaking issues being introduced, I'm putting patch 2.5.1 fully live right now.

It contains a number of bug fixes for the Lithoids release.

#################################################################
######################### VERSION 2.5.1 ##########################

###################
# UI
###################

* The tooltip for Livestock now mentions that Lithoid Livestock produce Minerals instead of Food
* Chat muting commands now work consistently between in-game and lobby chat

###################
# Bugfixes
###################

* Lithoid Empires with the Terravore civic should no longer occasionally end up blocked from social research
* Fixed so that players get the correct visual representation of chosen parts for the lithoid ships
* Fixed Lithoids wrongly getting unhappiness and growth penalties from negative food, this comes from negative minerals for them now
* Graphics options chosen in game launcher should actually apply in game now
* Launcher should correctly handle mods and game options on the Paradoxplaza version of the game
* Fixed a crash when network is disconnected

Save games shouldn't be adversely affected by the switch from 2.5.0 to 2.5.1, but just in case you do encounter issues, you can roll back to a prior version via right click on Stellaris in library -> properties -> betas -> choose the desired version.

If you want to do crossplay MP between Steam and our other release platforms (Plaza/GOG/MS Store), you need to opt in to the crossplay beta, stellaris_test, by the same method. If you have a 2.5.0 MP game that you want to finish before updating, roll back to the crossplay_rollback version.

We're going to aim to get as many bug fixes and improvements as possible as we continue work on Federations. Stand by for more information about that in future dev diaries. Also, the new Paradox Launcher continues active development in parallel. If you have feedback or issues with the Launcher, please let my colleagues in the Launcher team know in this thread:

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/about-the-paradox-launcher.1254011/

Have fun out there.

But who works on the launcher now? First it was stated a team independent from the Stellaris team, but now launcher updates come with the patches. Or they are bundled together before release?

But who works on the launcher now? First it was stated a team independent from the Stellaris team, but now launcher updates come with the patches. Or they are bundled together before release?

The launcher is self-updating and patches to it come independently of main game updates. However, for clarity I try to include big launcher changes in our own notes.

The launcher is self-updating and patches to it come independently of main game updates. However, for clarity I try to include big launcher changes in our own notes.

Oh, ok, then the first thought was correct, it is possible that the launcher and the game is updated independently. Only we get the patch notes for launcher at the next game update release.

Hi all, Jamor here, with the news that after a weekend in beta without new breaking issues being introduced, I'm putting patch 2.5.1 fully live right now.

It contains a number of bug fixes for the Lithoids release.

######################### VERSION 2.5.1 ##########################

###################
# UI
###################

* The tooltip for Livestock now mentions that Lithoid Livestock produce Minerals instead of Food
* Chat muting commands now work consistently between in-game and lobby chat

###################
# Bugfixes
###################

* Lithoid Empires with the Terravore civic should no longer occasionally end up blocked from social research
* Fixed so that players get the correct visual representation of chosen parts for the lithoid ships
* Fixed Lithoids wrongly getting unhappiness and growth penalties from negative food, this comes from negative minerals for them now
* Graphics options chosen in game launcher should actually apply in game now
* Launcher should correctly handle mods and game options on the Paradoxplaza version of the game
* Fixed a crash when network is disconnected

Save games shouldn't be adversely affected by the switch from 2.5.0 to 2.5.1, but just in case you do encounter issues, you can roll back to a prior version via right click on Stellaris in library -> properties -> betas -> choose the desired version.

If you want to do crossplay MP between Steam and our other release platforms (Plaza/GOG/MS Store), you need to opt in to the crossplay beta, stellaris_test, by the same method. If you have a 2.5.0 MP game that you want to finish before updating, roll back to the crossplay_rollback version.

We're going to aim to get as many bug fixes and improvements as possible as we continue work on Federations. Stand by for more information about that in future dev diaries. Also, the new Paradox Launcher continues active development in parallel. If you have feedback or issues with the Launcher, please let my colleagues in the Launcher team know in this thread:

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/about-the-paradox-launcher.1254011/

Have fun out there.

Great changes, thanks for the patch!

Because X is @Duuk 's bug, and not fixing that is traditional.
It is known. Someday, this bug will be fixed, and I will literally not know what to do with myself.

On a side note, even if it's in a private message, which I would never share, just so I know if my misery is earned...

Does the bug report at least have a note in the system that says, "DO NOT FIX"? Like, tell me my suffering has brought joy to someone over the years.

Good work, but do you have some news on the problem that prevent some user to launch Stellaris in fullscreen mode?

This. The game will start for me in full screen mode, but when I click on anything it appears as if nothing happened. If I then minimize Stellaris and then click on it again so it's back to full screen, whatever I first clicked on appears.

For example, I launch on full screen and then click on the "Load" link to load a previous game. Nothing happens. If I then minimize Stellaris and then restore it, the load window is now there. If I then click on the button to load the most recent save, it once again appears to do nothing. Minimizing and restoring will now show the game loaded, but again, clicking on anything doesn't give me any immediate response without minimizing and restoring.

The only solution is to play windowed or full screen windowed.

This. The game will start for me in full screen mode, but when I click on anything it appears as if nothing happened. If I then minimize Stellaris and then click on it again so it's back to full screen, whatever I first clicked on appears.

For example, I launch on full screen and then click on the "Load" link to load a previous game. Nothing happens. If I then minimize Stellaris and then restore it, the load window is now there. If I then click on the button to load the most recent save, it once again appears to do nothing. Minimizing and restoring will now show the game loaded, but again, clicking on anything doesn't give me any immediate response without minimizing and restoring.

The only solution is to play windowed or full screen windowed.

That sounds familiar to a problem i had - i turned focus assist off in windows 10. Bottom right corner where if you mouse over it says on mine "No new notifications" right click on it and focus assist and then off.