[Dev Team] 2.5.1 Patch Released [checksum 1fd6]

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Wow, good on @ubuntufreakdragon on fixing those issues himself. @Jamor could these be reviewed for potential inclusion into the game?

I'd love to put together a group modders/developers to fix things like that if the Stellaris would give us some sort of indication they'll definitely review them in x weeks for potential inclusion. It could go along way to fixing annoying balance/other issues.

This. The game will start for me in full screen mode, but when I click on anything it appears as if nothing happened. If I then minimize Stellaris and then click on it again so it's back to full screen, whatever I first clicked on appears.

For example, I launch on full screen and then click on the "Load" link to load a previous game. Nothing happens. If I then minimize Stellaris and then restore it, the load window is now there. If I then click on the button to load the most recent save, it once again appears to do nothing. Minimizing and restoring will now show the game loaded, but again, clicking on anything doesn't give me any immediate response without minimizing and restoring.

The only solution is to play windowed or full screen windowed.
Same problem here.

Terravore civic gets replaced with devouring swarm when close and open stellaris again. It just auto switches when i close the game

Terravore civic gets replaced with devouring swarm when close and open stellaris again. It just auto switches when i close the game
I have no idea why they went this route. The obvious solution would've been to make a separate Terravore civic, and have them lock out Lithoid/NonLithoid respectively. Not this magic switching voodoo.

Proof!
Also I have no mods installed

Attachments

• terravore.png
    terravore.png
    1,3 MB · Views: 103
  • devouring swarm.png
    devouring swarm.png
    1,3 MB · Views: 105
Proof!
Also I have no mods installed
It just seems to be the game at times forgetting to realize "Oh wait, they're lithoids! Quick, display Terravore instead of Swarm!" and vice versa.

Again, why did they do it this overcomplicated way?!

Wow, good on @ubuntufreakdragon on fixing those issues himself. @Jamor could these be reviewed for potential inclusion into the game?

I'd love to put together a group modders/developers to fix things like that if the Stellaris would give us some sort of indication they'll definitely review them in x weeks for potential inclusion. It could go along way to fixing annoying balance/other issues.

a group of coders actively fixing bugs for a company are just called developers lmao

There are games with unofficial patches - notably, there are rather prominent ones for Bethesda RPGs. If you look at the Unofficial Skyrim Patch changelog, a lot of it is minor typos and “fixed a rock that was a millimeter off the ground”, but there are also important scripting fixes of quests that can be occasionally borked without them. I do think, however, that if an “Unofficial Stellaris Patch” project happens, it needs to limit itself to fixing actual bugs and performance.

Last edited:
I think this this Patch, the Lithoids Shipsegments between Hangar-Front and Hangar-Mid does not work. The Hangar-Front looks buggy. Huge gap between the sections without magnetic effects. Weaponstations in the air and in the section. It looks like the section is moved up and to the left.

On release of the lithoid-dlc i have not seen this. But yesterday too. I have uninstalled all mods and controlled the gamefiles. A friend who uses no mods, has the same issue, so i think its a generell problem.

Hello Jamor,
I frequently use the decision that allows me to hand over 1000 Food to my colonists in order to boost their reproductive rate. However, this time around I'm playing as a Lithoid. I fully expected to have to fork over 1000 Minerals, but no, it's still Food. I find that ... unsavory. If a race consumes Food, then it should get Food, if Energy, then Energy, if Minerals, then Minerals. Receive this note with the assurance that I am very grateful to the Designers for a great game, which I simply can't seem to stop playing.

Hello Jamor,
I frequently use the decision that allows me to hand over 1000 Food to my colonists in order to boost their reproductive rate. However, this time around I'm playing as a Lithoid. I fully expected to have to fork over 1000 Minerals, but no, it's still Food. I find that ... unsavory. If a race consumes Food, then it should get Food, if Energy, then Energy, if Minerals, then Minerals. Receive this note with the assurance that I am very grateful to the Designers for a great game, which I simply can't seem to stop playing.

I dont even have the decision with food...probably because i dont have food eating pops at the moment.

Hi all, Jamor here, with the news that after a weekend in beta without new breaking issues being introduced, I'm putting patch 2.5.1 fully live right now.
Now that we know that Federations isn't until 2020 (YAYAYAYAYA!) will there be a 2.5.2 with some top notch and amazing fixes in our near future or are we rolling with 2.5.1 until 2.6?