[Dev Team] 2.4.1 (Lee) Hotfix Released [checksum 73ad]

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Thank you for this patch. I am very very happy to see changes that affect the game's performance. Current I am unable to play due to launcher stability issues (not this dev team's fault so I am not going to bring it up to them). However, I am very excited to play with these performance fixes. Assuming they are effective and a good step in the right direction, I might even consider buying the next expansion. Thank you for your hard work.

So we have the Stellaris team going "The Launcher is a different team, we can't do anything" and the Launcher team going "Stellaris is one game, it's not important enough to get a fix anytime soon."
Paradox, you need to pull yourselves together. I love your games, but I haven't played since the update since 2.4.X CTDs and I can't play 'turn mods on/off one at a time to find the problem' with the launcher's horrible mod navigation...

So we have the Stellaris team going "The Launcher is a different team, we can't do anything" and the Launcher team going "Stellaris is one game, it's not important enough to get a fix anytime soon."
Paradox, you need to pull yourselves together. I love your games, but I haven't played since the update since 2.4.X CTDs and I can't play 'turn mods on/off one at a time to find the problem' with the launcher's horrible mod navigation...

it is never a good sign when a company doesnt work well within itself. The fact even these two teams cannot work out a solution is a testament to their competence as a company, just look at this whole mobile game fiasco. the management in this company is not doing a very good job.

I still can't believe they replaced a launcher that worked mostly well with a new one that barely works at all and has a ton of issues.

Is it really too much to ask that they test their shit before pushing it live with no warning?

I still can't believe they replaced a launcher that worked mostly well with a new one that barely works at all and has a ton of issues.

Is it really too much to ask that they test their shit before pushing it live with no warning?

I can't believe it's been this long since the 2.4.1 release and modders apparently still can't upload updates, you apparently can't enable mods one by one (it's all or nothing), and you can't play full screen. I know PDXCon is right around the corner, but with such serious issues still plaguing the game since 2.4 dropped, you'd think they would at least get these new critical ones fixed.

Did you ever hear the tragedy of Imperator: Rome? I thought not. Its not a story PDX would tell you.

But in all seriousness, I really hope they get this launcher sorted out so I can play again. I was pretty happy with the state of the game as I had it modded. Very fun and I was extremely disappointing when it was totally broken after 2.4.

They won't fix a damn thing. They will either continue to shift blame between two teams or just ignore the issue altoghether, in hopes that we will get tired of complaining and move on. Most likely we will have to wait for modders themselves to fix it with some kind of unofficial mod manager. But that's it. Don't expect our benevolent overlords from Paradox to step in, they're clearly too focused on that sweet, sweet mobile game cash.

They won't fix a damn thing. They will either continue to shift blame between two teams or just ignore the issue altoghether, in hopes that we will get tired of complaining and move on.
We're the overly-vocal 5% -- it's true that a few forum posts aren't going to matter. However, they probably have ways of seeing how many people are playing what version -- if this really does affect a large portion of the player base, they'll probably do something. But maybe it turns out that very few people actually play heavily-modded Stellaris?

You cannot bomb planets into tomb world status anymore. This is a problem considering my tomb world perk is now useless.
Same issue, though it's at least from 2.3.3, if not earlier. I stopped my save game, because it wouldn't work for me. 100% devastation, all pops dead. Stopped bombardment instantly, no tomb world.

We're the overly-vocal 5% -- it's true that a few forum posts aren't going to matter. However, they probably have ways of seeing how many people are playing what version -- if this really does affect a large portion of the player base, they'll probably do something. But maybe it turns out that very few people actually play heavily-modded Stellaris?

Eh, ive gotten things working again, its just a bit of a hassle, my advice is to find the script that sorts the mods alphabetically in the load order(linked in like page 2 or 3 in the launcher thread iirc), then manually invert it, then disable all the mods that dont play nice with 2.4.x, reposition any mods that dont work well with inverse alphabetical, and then just look through your mod list every time before you launch the game, as it places updated mods at the bottom of the list, its kind of a pain in the ass, but its still workable

Last edited:
This weekend, I tried playing again after some time away. Mods that were listed as compatible did not work. Trying to figure out what was up with mods led to my butting heads with a problem on Steam with viewing mods. So it ended up unplayed on my machine again.

So I guess I should not buy Lithoids and stay in 2.3? Cool.

I'm somewhat mad at myself for going and buying lithoids. They released the one dlc that was an instant-buy from me.

Seriously, if the launcher and the game teams are seperate, the game team should formally complain to HR about the launcher team sabotaging the game.