[Dev Team] 2.4.1 (Lee) Hotfix Released [checksum 73ad]

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
not the biggest fan of the new launcher, for one it makes you sign into paradox for seemingly no reason, i've already logged into steam why do i have to log into another website???

also the mods are way too big and scroll extremely slowly, would be nice to have a draggable scrollbar, or increase the scrolling speed by like 3x. or just make the new mod selection page an optional thing, because i'm not gonna lie i 10000% prefer the old mod window

Yes, GoG Galaxy version was broken. I just did a fresh install, and after failing to find 2.4.1 it installed 2.4.0.7.
It seems GoG has pulled 2.4.1 for now.

Not a great way to advertise a fourth launcher. Whenever I swallow and give Galaxy another go, it fails to work as intended.

Can't upgrade 2.4.0 to 2.4.1 on my GOG version:
View attachment 517850

I tried some 10 hours ago, several times, and just now again. The Retry button doesn't appear to be doing anything. The 'Update Now' entry in the [MORE] menu tries connecting and then stops, displaying 'SERVER PROBLEM' (see above).
We are aware of the issue and are working with GoG to find a solution.

This is probably the first time I posted in this forum, but my god I just lost around 20 hours of an Ironman game thanks to the "Resume" button in the launcher loading up an old local save from a much earlier 2240 and overwriting my Steam ones. I now rarely play games and I was hoping for once that I could finally "win" Stellaris (after many attempts over the year, since I only started from last year) and it was already turn 2340 something and about to conquer a FE then this shenanigan happened. I am so frustrated that I just wasted all of those hours.

I guess there's nothing I can do to recover the saved files then? Guess I'll quit Stellaris again for a while.

I can't join multiplayer games anymore. I have no mods installed. I am running version 2.4.1. but since the update the game insist my copy of stellaris is a unique version butterfly that can't play with any others online. The game browser refuses to recognize others running 2.4.1 as running the same version of the game as I am.

Can we please also be allowed to make more than one defense platform design without all defense platforms attempting to upgrade into the most recently edited design? We used to be able to do this but now they always want to upgrade into a single design no matter what their original design was. This really sucks for me because I used to have 3 different designs for my defense platforms:

Spitfire: 2 medium/4 small weapons, designed to kill corvettes and destroyers.
Heavy: 2 large weapons, designed to kill capitol ships and anything larger than a destroyer.
Barrier: 8 point defense slots, designed to stop swarms of missiles and bombers. 2 of these on all my chokepoints usually did the trick.

This is a seriously annoying bug. I'm pretty sure it affects ships as well. I miss having a well balanced defense.

Do you have auto upgrade on? I turned that off and have no problem using multiple designs.

not the biggest fan of the new launcher, for one it makes you sign into paradox for seemingly no reason, i've already logged into steam why do i have to log into another website???

also the mods are way too big and scroll extremely slowly, would be nice to have a draggable scrollbar, or increase the scrolling speed by like 3x. or just make the new mod selection page an optional thing, because i'm not gonna lie i 10000% prefer the old mod window

Which is kinda sad, as the old mod window was pretty bad.

I'm still getting weird citizen rights bugs concerning robots post synth ascension. In my current game, I cannot give my robots full rights even though I have my robot policy set to full rights and have since synth ascended. Any attempts to change robot rights results in them being purges no matter what is clicked. I have elected to just allow them to continue to be enslaved, but even that has caused some weirdness. Despite the fact that they are enslaved, they are suffering no happiness penalty and don't even have an upkeep of any kind, not even energy. I have over 500 fully upgraded and sapient robots that are totally maintenance free right now.

Do you have auto upgrade on? I turned that off and have no problem using multiple designs.

Disabling auto-upgrade is the first thing I do in every game. I have not been able to use multiple designs since sometime during 2.2.X.

I propose that the Hydroponics Bay be buffed to produce 5 food instead of 3.
I feel even that's small when you can have as many pops as we can now. Maybe (up to) 10 food for 2 energy, more than that would be too powerful for how early you can get it. But it should give you a period in the game where it's useful to have.

Oh my god, the new mod-"manager" is ****! worse than the old one :(
Only 7 Mods visible at the same time, no sorting, no grouping. PLEASE roll back or better, give us a real modmanager... there you can make mod selections/groups and so on.

and the great third-party mod manager dont work any more :( :(

Last edited:
Application start-up time with the new launcher is REALLY slow. The new launcher takes ages to start, and then the Stellaris splash screen lasts for a longish time before the game is actually launched.

New launcher gives blank screen until you <Alt> <Tab> out and back in. All Mods disabled.

System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 10/11/2019, 18:17:46
Machine name: POSIDON
Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_ldr_escrow.190916-1700)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: MSI
System Model: MS-7522
BIOS: Default System BIOS
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 980 @ 3.33GHz (12 CPUs), ~3.3GHz
Memory: 12288MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 12280MB RAM
Page File: 9040MB used, 15515MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode
---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce GTX 760
DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1187&SUBSYS_847A1043&REV_A1
Display Memory: 4095 MB
Dedicated Memory: 1979 MB
Shared Memory: 2116 MB
Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor Name: ViewSonic VX2258wm
Monitor Model: VX2258WM
Monitor Id: VSC8E23
Native Mode: 1920 x 1080(p) (60.000Hz)
Output Type: DVI
Driver Name: nvd3dumx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvd3dum,nvwgf2um,nvwgf2um
Driver File Version: 26.21.0014.3648 (English)
Driver Version: 26.21.14.3648
DDI Version: 11
Driver Model: WDDM 1.1
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
Driver Date/Size: 9/27/2019 17:09:04, 21844632 bytes
WHQL Logo'd: Yes
WHQL Date Stamp:
Device Identifier: {D7B71E3E-52C7-11CF-B37D-74A41BC2D735}
Vendor ID: 0x10DE
Device ID: 0x1187
SubSys ID: 0x847A1043
Revision ID: 0x00A1
Driver Strong Name: oem86.inf:NVIDIA_Devices.NTamd64.6.1:Section004:26.21.14.3648:pci\ven_10de&dev_1187
Rank Of Driver: 00E62001