[Dev Team] 2.4.1 (Lee) Hotfix Released [checksum 73ad]

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
...You know a bug that still isn't fixed?

UI is suddenly super small, and graphics feel very sluggish, using mouse wheel zooming in and out small galaxy right after starting the game there are visible pause between each successive zoom level, this is (no joke) close literally unplayable. Anyone else having same problem?

Edit: I tried using zoom UI setting of 1.5 but settling has no effect, UI size is same

Last edited:
...You know a bug that still isn't fixed?

Speaking of ruler title bugs, did you know that if you make a new empire by editing the name of an old empire (edit Empire A's name to "Empire B" and then save Empire B as a new empire) and then change the ruler title of either of those empires, it changes for the other one as well? This works even if you change the civics/traits/whatever of either empire. Their ruler titles are tied to each other somehow.

UI is suddenly super small, and graphics feel very sluggish, using mouse wheel zooming in and out small galaxy right after starting the game there are visible pause between each successive zoom level, this is (no joke) close literally unplayable. Anyone else having same problem?

Edit: I tried using zoom UI setting of 1.5 but settling has no effect, UI size is same

U can try to reset Settings in My Documents > Paradox > Stellaris -> Settings

My problem with this launcher is.... wow. I played a new game with the new patch and i exit in the year 2221, closed game and later i play again to 2318. When i use the botton to the launcher to continue with my game, PUM, y back to 2221 and the game with 2318 years was delete, dont know why but....my face was WTF.

PD: The ascension perk "Mastery of Nature" dont work, i use "Mastery of Nature decision" with 2 planet and dont increase the planet's size.

The mod menu and the mod tools are the urgency! As a modder, I can't upload my mod correct on the new launcher.
First of all, you can't tell which one is the local version of your mod while using the new mod tool to upload, which cause a problem if you are updating your old mod. Secondly, new mod tool is missing the most important button "check this mod on the workshop", so you don't know if it will be updated correctly or just create a new mod which you have no intention to. Thirdly, you have to write down a new description to "light up" the upload button, no matter if you already have a much nicer mod description on the workshop page. And more scarly, any "description" you write down here while uploading will totolly overwrite your old descriptions. Thanks for my discretion, I create a test mod before I upload my actrual ones, otherwise my valuable descriptions will be gone forever considering I didn't back up the descriptions on workshop pages.
And there are much more issues, such like if you roll back to 2.3, any mod support 2.4 will disappear. And for that test mod I created, I can't get it down to access the mod profile picture that I prepared by the old way. Also there is a new "descriptor.mod" in the folder of the mod, the "supported_version="2.*.*"" be comes "version="2.4.*"", which totolly makes me confused.

message boards on the workshop are on all out confusion... my launcher is stating all mods that i use are incompatible... (even updated ones)
i personally think guys at paradox should've tested a bit further this new launcher and did a bit of open beta testing especially for the mod makers comunity.

It seems UI Size 1.5 worked after resetting settings. Some of the UI sluggishness went away after changing all graphics settings to low, but I don't remember having to do this in prev version. Overall performance early game is even worse than 2.3, I'm getting around 1s/day in 2220 on 3x speed on 200 star galaxy. Only mod is StarNet. I thought it would be impossible to make it slower than it is, but these guys managed somehow.

Timed it w stopwatch, 1 sec/day was too much, its 18s/month. 2.3 was 14s from memory, I did stopwatch test before to compare EDAI w StarNet

My performance observations may be invalid, due to following

Somehow even tho I only have 1 mod enabled, and the launcher popup says 1 mod and 3 DLC, it looks like all mods I ever downloaded are enabled at the same time. I only found that when trying to start new game, and trying to switch galaxy size, the list have all sizes from "Extra Galaxy Sizes" mod, even if its disabled in Launcher mod list

Last edited:
Seeing a rather weird thing with console commands for resources, for example -

Typing in unity gets you the expected result, as does typing unity and a number - you get that number of unity added to your stock. In the past though, if you wished to reduce that total, all you needed to do is type unity -500 for example, to reduce the stock by 500. Except now, that gets the response that the resource is not recognised. Quite why it recognises to add it, but not to reduce it, is beyond me. Same seems to apply for all resources, you can add as much as you want but can never reduce.

Mod manager should have load/sort options as: "Load/sort by ABC order" (how it was in the old launcher), "Load/sort by latest/oldest added/subscribed mods (to find the new mod you just added)", "Load/sort by latest game version of the mods (to qiuckly sort out incompatible mods)".

@Jamor Please relate those suggestions to your Launcher_V2 Devs, and guys please upvote this for him to see.
Oh and have a good PDXCon guys!

It's great that we can once again see which mods are compatible and which aren't, but I really want to know whether or not the fact that all emigration from a planet is cut dead when you enable pop controls is a bug or a feature? It didn't used to do that.

I don't see any problems with my artisans going on strike every other month anymore. The patch seems to have fixed the problem.

Also, just throwing this out there. The Hydroponics Bay should be buffed so that it at least counts as a single farmer. Right now, the Hydroponics Bay produces 3 food/month at the cost of 50 alloys, a precious starbase building slot, and 1 energy/month, while a single farmer produces a base of 5 food (adjusted for the base of 1 food/month the farmer will consume) at the cost of 1 energy/month. I know that the Hydroponics Bay is mostly a trap starbase building, but that is because it hasn't changed since starbases were built on planets. I propose that the Hydroponics Bay be buffed to produce 5 food instead of 3.

Can we please also be allowed to make more than one defense platform design without all defense platforms attempting to upgrade into the most recently edited design? We used to be able to do this but now they always want to upgrade into a single design no matter what their original design was. This really sucks for me because I used to have 3 different designs for my defense platforms:

Spitfire: 2 medium/4 small weapons, designed to kill corvettes and destroyers.
Heavy: 2 large weapons, designed to kill capitol ships and anything larger than a destroyer.
Barrier: 8 point defense slots, designed to stop swarms of missiles and bombers. 2 of these on all my chokepoints usually did the trick.

This is a seriously annoying bug. I'm pretty sure it affects ships as well. I miss having a well balanced defense.

Last edited:
Game refuses to launch using the "play" button on the launcher. However, it does launch using the direct stellaris.exe One step at a time, least we can see mods that are compatible now.

The hot fix ate 10+ hours of my latest Ironman save. I pressed continue in the launcher and when it loaded the game I was in the past. It must have for whatever reason grabbed an old save and Ironman overriding the actual one.

Why do Ironman games get those branching saves anyway?

The hot fix ate 10+ hours of my latest Ironman save. I pressed continue in the launcher and when it loaded the game I was in the past. It must have for whatever reason grabbed an old save and Ironman overriding the actual one.

Why do Ironman games get those branching saves anyway?
As far as I understand the new launcher disregards the cloud saves when you press "Continue", loading the latest local save... Or it is reverse? (disregards local saves, loading the latest cloud save)

In any way, It's bad, don't recommend investing in a new game until devs release 2-3 more hotfixes and repair the new launcher -_-.

Can't upgrade 2.4.0 to 2.4.1 on my GOG version:
upload_2019-10-11_9-43-57.png

I tried some 10 hours ago, several times, and just now again. The Retry button doesn't appear to be doing anything. The 'Update Now' entry in the [MORE] menu tries connecting and then stops, displaying 'SERVER PROBLEM' (see above).