[Dev Team] 2.4.1 (Lee) Hotfix Released [checksum 73ad]

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Jamor

PDS Producer
78 Badges
Mar 7, 2017
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • BATTLETECH
  • Surviving Mars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • BATTLETECH - Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
Hi all, Jamor again. We're deploying a small, quick hotfix to address two issues we were able to solve today: inability of the launcher to display incompatible mods, and an economy bug related to artisan jobs and consumer goods.

Given that it's early yet and some may not have seen the original changes in 2.4.0, I'll repost those. Please note that due to a human error, namely this producer managing to transcribe fixes from the wrong dev branch in to the patch notes (!), a few of the listed changes in 2.4.0 are not actually present in the build. In the interest of getting the hotfix to you all with maximum speed, those will come in a future update when they can be properly merged and tested. I'll put them in the notes for reference, but crossed out.

#################################################################
######################### VERSION 2.4.1 ##########################
#################################################################

###################
# General
###################

* Added Launcher v2
* Updated all factions titans with panning light meshes. Updated vfx for ether drake’s wing attack (muzzle, projectile, hit effect)
* Caravaneer ship & station vfx update
* Added "/mute <user name>" and "/unmute <user name>" chat commands
* Cloud saving support added on GoG and Paradoxplaza versions of the game
* Launcher can now display incompatible mods pre-game start

###################
# Balance
###################

* Hunter-Seeker Drone jobs now have a preference for pops who would actually be good at it
* The Pop Growth Reduction for Bio-Trophies now actually reduces their growth rate. Driven Assimilators now apply their organic growth penalty as a multiplier the same way as Rogue Servitors do, and is now also 50%
* Defensive Platforms placed on Outposts now provide 2 points of Piracy Suppression for their system. The Great Game tradition from the Supremacy tree now also reduces the cost to build Defensive Platforms by 33%

###################
# UI
###################

* Shift+clicking on ship count in the Fleet Manager now adds ships up to the nearest unit of ten, using ctrl fills up to the template max size
* Fixed improperly displayed text in the name of Galatron wars
* Protection war name list no longer includes machine uprising and war in heaven
* Removed unnecessary decimal precision in lacking resources tooltips
* Added some tooltips to the planet screen: close button, decisions, tab buttons, garrison and armies, planetary features
* Added a notification when one empire guarantees the independence of another
* Added a defense army icon to the Stronghold and Fortress buildings to help visually identify their effect, and updated the garrison tooltip
* Fixed a cut off display of the clearing cost for ruined arcology blockers
* Fixed incorrectly reversed "they get" and "we get" information showed in commercial pacts

###################
# AI
###################

* The AI will now look at several Edicts and try to enact one of them, whilst still remembering the one they want the most and save towards enacting that
* AI will now wait at least a year before attempting to propose the same diplomacy deal to the same target
* Fixed AI not building enough defense platforms
* Automated building now checks that upkeep cost is covered by income
* Fixed artisan jobs flipping constantly between active and unemployed

###################
# Stability
###################

* Improved performance by reducing the number of string copies in modifiers
* Parallelized some planet functions
* Optimized calculations done in frame rendering
* Bunch of caching and optimizations to planet job calculations
* Fixed a slowdown when viewing the slave market

###################
# Bugfixes
###################

* Fixed an incorrect scripted trigger which could sometimes result in the deletion of research labs when upgraded
* Fixed literally unplayable "the the" typo in ancrel.23.desc
* Fixed empires that have outlawed slavery not emancipating slaves on planets they conquer
* Fixed a possible crash when a planet has no pops
* Fixed an instant repair exploit when you dismantle a starbase module while it's under attack
* Fixed a bug that could cause rivalry declarations and closed borders enacted by you to make you instead the target of those things from the other empire
* Removed an exploit where when transferring, merging, and transferring ships again while paused, one could cheekily cause them to become invisible and untargetable in combat
* Fixed an overflow bug with relative empire power calculations
* Removed incorrect ability to completely depopulate primitive planets with raiding bombardment stance
* Fixed nonfunctional modifiers to colony ship build cost
* Fixed a potential crash in AI when evaluating market values
* Odd Factories no longer sometimes block pops from getting purged, because you monsters should be free to purge whatever you want

Please note that save file compatibility between versions is not guaranteed. If you have an important 2.3.3 game going, please roll back to that version before trying to load the save in 2.4.1.

Instructions on how to keep playing on older versions here.

You can also use this method to opt in to the stellaris_test branch on Steam, which is necessary for multiplayer cross play between Steam and the other stores we are available on. If you have a 2.3.3 crossplay game going on, that version is present on Steam on the crossplay_rollback branch.

Thanks for your feedback and issue reports. We'll keep at it but I wanted to get this to you as soon as possible before the weekend. We'll get the MIA fixes in as soon as we can.

We thank ya!
iu

* Shift+clicking on ship count in the Fleet Manager now adds ships up to the nearest unit of ten, using ctrl fills up to the template max size

I am waiting for this to happen so I can go full Corvette Swarm (in the endgame) without destroying my mouse. :D

WTH is this supposed to be?
What was 2.4 then if THAT is 2.4.1? With the same "fixes" of 2.4 and some crossed out? Couldn't you just have edited the 2.4 thread and told us that those fixes simply didn't make it?

I don't get it.
This is a hot-fix bug patch to fix the two bugs he mentioned in the first post. He crossed out some things in the feature list because, for one reason or another, they weren't actually in the game.

This is a hot-fix bug patch to fix the two bugs he mentioned in the first post. He crossed out some things in the feature list because, for one reason or another, they weren't actually in the game.
Then why post the whole 2.4 change log again as if that is now part of 2.4.1? And not just edit the 2.4 thread by crossing out what has not made it into 2.4 and leave 2.4.1 with those two changes ONLY.
It'd be way more transparent and understandable.

(The Slammer 1.0.2 for Prison Architect had only 2 lines of change log as well instead of reposting the entirety of 1.0.1 or 1.0.)

The reason the 2.4.0 changes were reposted is that the version is so new that many may not have seen the original notes before this hotfix. It was stated as such in my OP. The intent is to emphasize the changes between now and 2.3.3, the last long term version.

Then why post the whole 2.4 change log again as if that is now part of 2.4.1? And not just edit the 2.4 thread by crossing out what has not made it into 2.4 and leave 2.4.1 with those two changes ONLY.
It'd be way more transparent and understandable.

(The Slammer 1.0.2 for Prison Architect had only 2 lines of change log as well instead of reposting the entirety of 1.0.1 or 1.0.)

Well probably in order to make it more clear what did and did not actually end up in 2.4 for people who read it before, but almost certainly weren't going to do so again

The reason the 2.4.0 changes were reposted is that the version is so new that many may not have seen the original notes before this hotfix. It was stated as such in my OP. The intent is to emphasize the changes between now and 2.3.3, the last long term version.
I think it'd be easier to understand if you made an updated announcement of 2.4 with changes that didn't make it crossed out and 2.4.1 with just those two fixes. Since you mentioned what happened with 2.4 in this post, people would've checked out the 2.4 thread and saw those crossed out lines.
Way cleaner to follow.

Well probably in order to make it more clear what did and did not actually end up in 2.4 for people who read it before, but almost certainly weren't going to do so again
Yes, and now we have a 2.4 announcement thread with all changes and none crossed out, and a 2.4.1 announce thread with the same changes reposted, some crossed out and a small mention of two fixes that just get lost in that long change log.

Last edited:
As someone who play with a lot of mods, please add below features to bring parity to the old launcher
  • Ability to sort mod order alphabetically
  • Ability to send a mod to top or bottom of the list

Yes, and now we have a 2.4 announcement thread with all changes and none crossed out, and a 2.4.1 announce thread with the same changes reposted, some crossed out and a small mention of two fixes that just get lost in that long change log.

calm down. I wish i had problems like you.

And thx for the hotfix dev team!

Might be worth noting that some updated mods no longer appear on the old launcher, sort of stops anyone from playing on 2.3 when a mod they're using no longer appears that was required for an older save.

Still can't get the launcher to actually launch, whenever I try starting the game through steam, it just goes nowhere, second before it said running, the next it's already snycing, then absolutely nothing happens, not even a error prompt tells me what the f just happened, its so annying, my os is win7 btw

"Removed incorrect ability to completely depopulate primitive planets with raiding bombardment stance."

Can switching to the indiscriminate bombardment stance now finish the job, or we must send armies down to eventually resettle and/or purge those pops? I'm asking for a friend...

Still can't get the launcher to actually launch, whenever I try starting the game through steam, it just goes nowhere, second before it said running, the next it's already snycing, then absolutely nothing happens, not even a error prompt tells me what the f just happened, its so annying, my os is win7 btw
Have you tried reinstalling the game?