[Dev Team] 2.4.0 (Lee) Patch Released [checksum 2226]

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
So it would seem that mod load order is now determined by ther order in which you enable mods. I did a test on a compatibility patch:

--Test Case 1--
1. Enabled compatibility patch
2. Enabled mod
Moad load order ended up being in (dlc_load): .."compatibility_patch_mod.mod","mod.mod"

Result: Compatibility patch mod was not applied

--Test Case 2---
Did the opposite thing:
1. Enabled mod
2. Enabled compatibility patch

Moad load order ended up being in (dlc_load): .."mod.mod","compatibility_patch_mod.mod"

Result: Compatibility patch mod was applied

--Test Case 3---
Using enable mods function seems to randomize mods in dlc_load as well. I didn't even bother trying to figure out the logic behind there.

What would be an expectation of the behavior:
The dlc_load should respect the order in which the mods are actually ordered in the mod selection screen. This will cause lots of false reports to mod authors, it will break backwards compatibility...

Your mod launcher is not production ready guys.

Is there a way for the new launcher to show which mods are "unsupported/out-of-date" warnings? That way we can be made aware of any mods that are not compatible with the current version of the game. The original launcher used a red ! in a triangle; could we get this nice little feature back in the new launcher?

So it would seem that mod load order is now determined by ther order in which you enable mods. I did a test on a compatibility patch:

--Test Case 1--
2. Enabled mod
Moad load order ended up being in (dlc_load): .."compatibility_patch_mod.mod","mod.mod"

--Test Case 2---
Did the opposite thing:
1. Enabled mod

Moad load order ended up being in (dlc_load): .."mod.mod","compatibility_patch_mod.mod"

--Test Case 3---
Using enable mods function seems to randomize mods in dlc_load as well. I didn't even bother trying to figure out the logic behind there.

The dlc_load should respect the order in which the mods are actually ordered in the mod selection screen. This will cause lots of false reports to mod authors, it will break backwards compatibility...

That is catastrophic news. I dearly hope it gets fixed as soon as possible.

--Test Case 1--
2. Enabled mod

--Test Case 2---
Did the opposite thing:
1. Enabled mod

--Test Case 3---

Yeah this is horrible, they should add the option to automatically sort by legacy (Alphabetically) and to import the old modlists along with a way to easily share them.

Is it too much to ask to fix things that are broken before adding more broken things?

From day one, my pops randomly unemploy and re-employ themselves.

Unplayable now.

Last edited:
Meaning no offense, but in actual usability this is inferior to the old model.

Also, test these things in the beta environment, don't just go live, please.

Last edited:
Because apparently mods that are updated for 2.4 won't show up (or activate) for a 2.3.3 game (what a brilliant execution Paradox), I tried to just activate all my mods from the current game I was running, since I had a list. Sure, they weren't updated for 2.4, but I've played with obsolete mods before, this is hardly the end of the world.

And then...

9mky6b3

An alert that I didn't need rendering it impossible for me to just click 'okay, I get it, moving on'. Yes, I know they're obsolete, but I played with obsolete mods before, and all you made me do was just click 'okay' and move on, you didn't subject me to an itemized list of what was obsolete (why you couldn't just offer the little red-exclamation point again I don't know).

and when I just sort of forced my way past this to play the game anyway, after figuring out how to close the window and still launch the game, I opened the save file - fo find that the mods weren't working in most cases, even though loading the save file didn't tell me 'hey, this is missing mods'.

In other words, your update has basically just broken the very idea of mods, and now made it impossible for me to use the older version because a couple of critical mods were updated to 2.4 but can't be used in the steam version of 2.3.3. (And how does that even happen?)

You know, I don't mind not reaching the crisis of a game because I just get more and move on. But I do mind not reaching the crisis because Paradox breaks my game with updates that were clearly not ready for prime time. And this isn't even the first time they've done it. Or even the fourth.

I'm sure in the long run, this is going to be good, and all that, for all sorts of functionality, and that's great. But in the short term, this is a disaster zone

Dear Paradox,
your luncher is a real paradox. Why did you update the old one, if the new isn't done yet? This is what bothers many and me included:
The new launcher looks nice, but there are still a few problems with it:
- refresh rate is 60hz only, no changes possible (What?! How so?!)
- mod compatibility is missing. Where did it go?
- Why the game become so clunky all of a sudden?
Please REPAIRE the done dmg soon or we may ask for a refund. And that is a lot of money...
Thank you for been there for us,

How can people find that the launcher looks better if you have a less useful interface (as in less things shown / more actions needed)?
It seriously interests me from a ux/design perspective.

We are, in fact, working on a search feature at the moment - Btw, the order you see is the load order of the mods; you can drag-n-drop the mods.
Are you some sort of mind reader? It's in the works.
Indeed - We are looking at several usability improvements when it comes to heavy mod usage. It'll take us a few weeks to implement and QA, but this is one of our primary focus areas.
Please, don't take this the wrong way, but I'm very much curious as to why "release it when it's actually done" is such an alien concept to the company?

The second big reason for the move is that this new launcher will become
Yes, maybe it will. Can we please get it WHEN it is there, or at least better than what we already had? I'm not sure I can stomach another placeholder with a roadmap without bursting into tears and throwing stones at the moon.

I really hate that you cant see what mods are technically out dated.

I was hoping to just play 2.3.3 and ride it out until all this was worked out.... but now i cant do that since core mods have been updated and dont show up/work in the old launcher now. Thanks for making it impossible to play past modded games.

I was hoping to just play 2.3.3 and ride it out until all this was worked out.... but now i cant do that since core mods have been updated and dont show up/work in the old launcher now. Thanks for making it impossible to play past modded games.
That is part of an issue with steam handling mods and modders updating instead of versioning ( as they don't want to lose people's interest)

That is part of an issue with steam handling mods and modders updating instead of versioning ( as they don't want to lose people's interest)