[Dev Team] 2.3.2 Patch Released [checksum 00a6]

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Not sure where the best place to ask is, so I'll ask here: is it intentional that after colonizing a planet with 0% habitability you have to force the growth each time for each new pop of the main species (otherwise they go into decline)? It feels very clunky to say the least - either it shouldn't be possible to lock the species in for growth at all (as an authoritarian), or it should stay locked in for growth under the horrific conditions I'm forcing upon the pops. Certainly wouldn't have expected this: lock in species for growth on 0% hab to stop pop decline on fresh colony -> new pop grows, growth resets to servant species (which has higher habitability) -> ruler pop goes into decline -> go back to start. Scenario involves a Nihilistic Acquisition lifeseeded xenophobic authoritarian warrior culture empire that grows by subjugating other species. That was the idea, anyway.

With the population controls enabled policy set I'd have expected to be able to fully determine whether a pop grows or declines on a planet, not be forced to never grow anything but the ruler pop. Granted, I haven't played with Authoritarian slavery in a long while, so I don't actually know how this behaved with the introduction of the new economy/pop system.
I'm imagining that theres some sort of check involved that stops pops being queued up to grow on 0 habitability planets, and thus is terminating the new pop (and resorting to "what pop is allowed to grow here" logic).
Realistically the correct response would be to prevent them being grown at all, even with forced selection.

We'll get a new beta version with more fixes for your reported issues (the unofficial beta bug threads have been great in helping us sift through the noise, keep them up!).
In the meantime, enjoy, and we'll see you shortly with a new beta.
After 2 weeks of silence, it's appropriate to raise some questions:
01. When do you and your team plan to go into vacation and how long ? ...
02. Do you still plan to release a new beta (before vacation), if "Yes" then when and will there be still time left (before vacation) to hotfix this new beta ?

Last edited:
After 2 weeks of silence, it's appropriate to raise some questions:
01. When do you and your team plan to go into vacation and how long ? ...
02. Do you still plan to release a new beta (before vacation), if "Yes" then when and will there be still time left (before vacation) to hotfix this new beta ?

I thought they had already gone on vacation judging by the lack of communication.

This could be the version you get for the next 5 or 6 weeks.

I thought they had already gone on vacation judging by the lack of communication.

This could be the version you get for the next 5 or 6 weeks.

A DEV said in another thread they were hoping to release a new beta patch before they go on holiday, which isn't until after the 4th. He said "no promises" as it depends on internal unit testing, etc. I expect, provided what their working on passes muster, to see something released today or tomorrow...hopefully.

Please fix the Mining Worlds Bug that is new in 2.32. I started a new game in 2.32 and as I've been building up my worlds I've noticed that regardless of whether I build only generator districts, or mining districts, or agricultural districts that every one of my worlds is being classified as a Mining World. Really screws us up when we're trying to focus on building one type of district to get the bonus for it. I didn't have this problem in 2.27.

Please fix the Mining Worlds Bug that is new in 2.32. I started a new game in 2.32 and as I've been building up my worlds I've noticed that regardless of whether I build only generator districts, or mining districts, or agricultural districts that every one of my worlds is being classified as a Mining World. Really screws us up when we're trying to focus on building one type of district to get the bonus for it. I didn't have this problem in 2.27.

While it isn't perfect, at least right now you can manually change your world designations if the game makes a mistake. I found some priorities stranges but locking one type takes care of it.

You know you can designate the planet for whatever you want now right.