[Dev Team] 2.1.2 patch is now live [checksum 5bcb]

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The content addon is a nice thing to have, though the more important part to me personally is the bugfix part. There are still some not game breaking but rather irritating bugs out there. Namely getting multiple events for establishing contact to one and the same empire, newly spawned empires ( includes rebellions and primitives turning to standard empires) having black/white flags and therefore also black and white territories, reconquering own pops as fanatical purifier does not remove the recently conquered modifier they got from when they were conquered by my enemies, they should be rather happy to be liberated.

Will there be another open beta for a 2.1.3 bugfix update in the near future?

Last edited:
What I posted last week is still true: the Distant Stars content addon is being finished up and tested, and we'll release it when it's ready. It will be given to all DS owners free of charge.

Distant starts content is not the issue. The issue is with the state of the game and the lack of timely fixes. 6+ months since 2.0 was released and very little has been done to fix many of problems it introduced. 2.1.2 doesn't even include the promised fixes for Fallen Empires not spawning with max AI empires.

There have been 7 patches in that time amounting to hundreds of individual fixes. We do it as often as we can compatible with our responsibility to develop future content to keep the game alive. A complex, ever-evolving game like ours generates bugs. If a particular issue of importance to you was not patched yet, please don't interpret it as a personal slight; very likely it has been noted by us and it's in the queue. My dev team is probably smaller than you think, and time and resources are not infinite. I can only ask for your patience as we try to knock things off in priority order.

There have been 7 patches in that time amounting to hundreds of individual fixes. We do it as often as we can compatible with our responsibility to develop future content to keep the game alive. A complex, ever-evolving game like ours generates bugs. If a particular issue of importance to you was not patched yet, please don't interpret it as a personal slight; very likely it has been noted by us and it's in the queue. My dev team is probably smaller than you think, and time and resources are not infinite. I can only ask for your patience as we try to knock things off in priority order.

I hope you did not take any offence to my question as this was not its intention in the first place. I understand your points, knew that before. But to come back to the initial question, can you give any information on a rough timeline how this process will continue to our end? I never had any doubt you were working on it.

I never had any doubt you were working on it.

Neither do i, but i think sometimes the priority could be more in the intrest of the players and the quality of the game, and bugs/issues that persist too long should automatically get some sort of escalation and make a jump in priority, i think THAT is the part that should improve. No doubts you guys work as hard as you can :)

I hope you did not take any offence to my question as this was not its intention in the first place. I understand your points, knew that before. But to come back to the initial question, can you give any information on a rough timeline how this process will continue to our end? I never had any doubt you were working on it.
Jamor's response seemed a bit more directed at Hype than you, at least to me.

I will second the desire for more info on when the revised L-cluster will come around.

That's exactly why I didn't purchase distant stars and regret buying apocalypse. I was excited for the changes in 2.0 but let down by the execution. I do not want to reward developers who continue to prioritize pushing out new broken content over fixing existing issues

The number of patches you put out is irrelevant if they don't actually address issues that have existed for over 6 months.

We're going to continue producing patches and free content for as long as we can, alongside the paid stuff we need to stay in business. I'm going to continue being as straightforward and non corp-speak bullshit as I can, as a ten year fan turned employee. If the content of every patch doesn't instantly fulfill your heart's every desire, well, we're Paradox, we're in it for the long haul. That is our basic guarantee to all of our fans, and it will not change as long as I'm here.

I'm not interested in getting in to some personal back and forth, I have a big software project to maintain. Please don't ping me at home on the weekend.

We're going to continue producing patches and free content for as long as we can, alongside the paid stuff we need to stay in business. I'm going to continue being as straightforward and non corp-speak bullshit as I can, as a ten year fan turned employee. If the content of every patch doesn't instantly fulfill your heart's every desire, well, we're Paradox, we're in it for the long haul. That is our basic guarantee to all of our fans, and it will not change as long as I'm here.

I'm not interested in getting in to some personal back and forth, I have a big software project to maintain. Please don't ping me at home on the weekend.

No one was asking for patches to "instantly fulfill their hearts desire," at least I wasn't. Once again it's been over 6 months since you pushed out 2.0, personally I can no longer support Paradox if this is how you are going to support your game.

If you don't want to talk about the shortcomings of your game you don't have to, obviously. As for "pinging you at home on the weekend" I'm not sure what you're talking about. It's not my fault if you can't maintain a healthy work/home separation. All I did was reply to your response.

Please don't ping me at home on the weekend.
Can't you just ignore us 'til monday? No one (ok, probably someone) expects you to answer in your free time.

Wow, how a simple question for information about the current state of progress - within the official forum post concerning this matter - can turn into such a shitfest. I am at a loss of words...

Isn't it possible to have a civil exchange of information without accusing the other side of whatever?

Regarding the last line of Jamor's post. I get that he has a lot around his head doing his job. But at the same time it comes across differently than he most likely meant it to. Nobody expects him to chat all day in the forum. An official statement on what the progress is from time to time is all that was expected. There was some time of silence concerning this matter since 2.1.2 went to stable (much longer than during the bugfixing phase before) which is why I even asked. Nothing more.

Last edited:
I just want to know what this new Distant Stars content is about. I'm intrigued and excited.

While I appreciate bug-fixes in almost all cases, I again need to point out that 'fixing' Limbo-bots can seriously mess them up as a spawn. If the discovering empire is either Hive-mind or Machine Intelligence, you can't actually do anything with the brain scans because neither can research Synthetics, so they never get a chance to revive the Limbo-bots, which means the event's true potential is wasted.

I would like to ask in a future update that an exclusion be added that it cannot spawn for these empires, that hopefully my Poor Fungal Research Bots have a chance at life, however slim or however dire, instead of sitting in a data storage bank forever.

Admittedly I would also like if Paradox considered adding them as an actual buildable population. Whatever empire finds them has actual templates for their thought process, building more shouldn't be hard.

"alongside the paid stuff we need to stay in business"

This will change if you wont fix urgent issues in time (we talk abount issues persists for month that are gamebreaking) and dont priorize them better than you do now iam afrait.

Three and half months from DS release, two and half months from last bugfix (except crisis not expanding fix), and worst thing - no news at all, except "we working on patch, dont ping me on weekend". Boring L-Cluster and dead MP (desyncs every 20 min in end game) and other bugs really makes me and my friends sad. We hope that we will get another one bugfix before 2.3 out or news about it at least.

Projecting ones own rage hardly attributes to either a healthy workplace or a positive look on some people representing themselves, their values and indirectly, the companys. Wherever I worked, I was at least officially expected to put job/company above myself. I never did that. As if a companys profits were worth than my wellbeing.

People enrage -themselves-, they are never directly affected from the outside. (usually 'injury' -- reaction) Stuff like so-called mass hysteria is based on controlling, it still is not automatic. Subjects are worldly children, those of disobedience. I am free to say what people dont like to hear, but is still truthful.

anyway, a few days ago I was searching through the files. I found wrong statements in 00_utilities_shields.
There are a total o 8 incorrect lines, that effectively give T6 small shields the stats and cost of T7 small shields and vice versa. Basically, S6 and S7 lines need replacing one another.

I was wondering how is it targeting comp still doesnt function, while starbase computer does. I could not find the object in files that describes either what is mounted on starbases proper to really compare the two.(FIRE_CONTROL_1) Because the one on THE starbase gives 5 accuracy, while ship based one does not, but is supposed to.

I would like to remind also, that, should that accuracy buff work, Picket cruisers with neutrons, 10 track from titan, (precog) would have 65 track. With 90 evasion minues 65 track, you have 25 evasion left. 100 accuracy - 25 evasion, 75% accuracy vs 90% evasion corvette. Pretty stronk.

I thought also, if you cant fix the comp, remove it and replace it with a modded decoder that also gives a bit of accuracy. Should be possible right ? Maybe use a different name, not FIRE-CONTROL-1, but AUX_ACCURACY_BUFF_11 :)

Last edited: