[Dev Team] 2.0.2 Beta Patch updated [26.03.2018][checksum d07e]

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
FTL inhibitors now have different frames (regular, dark red, green) depending on whether their owners are hostile or allied to you, which should make it more immediately apparent when a FTL inhibitor in a system is actually blocking your progress

Nice trolling of people with colourblindness.... :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Ringworlds are now unlocked by the Galactic Wonders ascension perk, and the Circle of Life perk has been removed
@Wiz @Jamor
I cannot tell you how much I love this change. Thank you <3
Please also dont forget about the Gateway construction bug. You need to be able to build more than 1 Gateway Construction site at the same time. Pretty please try to squeeze this fix in.
Thank you all for your hard work.

Am I overlooking it or there's currently no fix for subjugation wars against small empires? These hold onto their independence even having all fleets destroyed, all systems & planets occupied.

Nice trolling of people with colourblindness.... :(

I really, really dislike this kind of tone. It implies a intended discrimination, which is, with all due respect, just not true. Seems like a growing tactic to portray one self as victim to achieve one's goals.
While I am fully aware of the issues following colorblindness (cases in family): this is bad form and bothers me a great deal.

I really, really dislike this kind of tone. It implies a intended discrimination, which is, with all due respect, just not true. Seems like a growing tactic to portray one self as victim to achieve one's goals.
While I am fully aware of the issues following colorblindness (cases in family): this is bad form and bothers me a great deal.

I really, really, really dislike this kind of tone. It implies that colourblinded people don't play this game, which they probably do. Seems like a growing tactic to purposefully ignore what the post is actually saying and assume they are self-victimizing.

While I am fully aware of the issue of victimization Thursday's sentence was stating 'nice trolling of' rather than a victimization of types. If you do not understand the joke don't think it's not there. It's the best form, it's a joke and brings attention to an important issue that may have been overlooked instead of some reddit post rant how PI is ignorant of people's disabilities.

This one confuses me. I understand the per system tech cost increase is an additive mulitplier to tech costs.

So if you lower the per system penalty but raise the base cost... isn't that whole change a complete wash?
No base cost is constant value, being only modified by tech cost slider, rising it slows tech progress down in early game, but in late game +2%/system makes tech progress to slow down at significant rate, this is actually noticeable when you get over 150 systems, when adding another 50 systems increases tech cost from lets say 50k to 75k and does not scale well with increase of research stations from the systems taken. For example, with +2% increase, after a total war, I've got ~220 systems total, and repeatable tech on 0.5x tech cost was already about 90-100k, with this patch it is down to 75k which is quite noticeable difference.

This one confuses me. I understand the per system tech cost increase is an additive mulitplier to tech costs.

So if you lower the per system penalty but raise the base cost... isn't that whole change a complete wash?
Not really. It shifts the costs from addictive penalties to base amounts.

10000 base, + 100 systems at 2% gives a 30000 cost.

20000 base, + 100 systems at 1% gives a 40000 cost

They are different, but I doubt that tech base costs were doubled across the board.

If we do a 20% increase to the base instead of doubling it

12000 base, + 100 systems at 1% gives a 24000 cost

I really, really, really dislike this kind of tone. It implies that colourblinded people don't play this game, which they probably do. Seems like a growing tactic to purposefully ignore what the post is actually saying and assume they are self-victimizing.

While I am fully aware of the issue of victimization Thursday's sentence was stating 'nice trolling of' rather than a victimization of types. If you do not understand the joke don't think it's not there. It's the best form, it's a joke and brings attention to an important issue that may have been overlooked instead of some reddit post rant how PI is ignorant of people's disabilities.
I didn't get that from the comment at all. In fact, I agree with Bragi. Implying that the change is intentionally made to mess with colourblind people is not a good 'joke', as you put it, at all.

Well, I would've used a different emoticon at the end to make it even more clear. (Personally I've always used ":p" to denote/imply sarcasm, but I've run into some confusion in the past with ":p" actually meaning that, which sucks b/c it's too deeply ingrained in me at this point to change, heh.)

But anyway, yes, I read MrThursday's post as a joke the first time through, chuckled, and +1'd him in my head for thinking of something I never would have. That's just me though.

"Subject tax mult modifier is now *actually* multiplicative, so so a tax multiplier of 50% on a 25% tax results in 37.5% tax, not 75% tax"

Please please this also for ship upkeep, upkeep still can go negative and start generating resources instead of reducing it

Of course this is with mods, but this request has more to do with modders being less restricted on using the ship upkeep modifier. Increasing vanilla values for achieving very similar cost reduction looks very possible and mods will still be able to overwrite it, theoretically making the best of both worlds for achievement runners and avid modders.

Thank you for the hard work! I love seeing how the game is constantly changing for the better.
But x1.6 longer jump cooldowns? Aww.... I thought movement was painstakingly slow enough as is on larger maps, even with jump drives.

And I don't really understand why you have to be 'neighboring' another empire for many of the diplomatic/war options. Like how an empire can only declare liberation wars against immediate neighbors.
(e.g. A democratic crusader empire sees an authoritarian slaving despot abusing its people, yet can't choose to 'liberate' the horribly oppressed slaves just because they are not directly adjacent to them?)
I mean, under the current system, you can ONLY wage conquest wars through claims against non-neighboring empires, can ONLY vassalize neighboring empires (unless they request to be a vassal first), and so on.

Likewise, why can't you declare rivalry against a distant warmongering empire who constantly insults you? (especially when having a 'mutual rival' can be used as a diplomatic edge)

Last edited:
That's going to really slowdown redeploying in large empires/galaxies in the lategame. I haven't played the new patch (yet), but please add the number of days left in the cooldown to the jump button tooltips.
This change would be okay if they had fixed the gateway Construction Site bug. I am very anxious.

I really [etc.] dislike that you are covering the victimization-issue behind "joking". Furthermore, I don't get why (again) interpreting "ignorance of people's disabilities" into a feature that, as it is the nature of many things, can't suit all and everyone. Please mind, I do not and never have stated that the problem itself shouldn't be adressed.