[Dev Team] 1.5.2 Patch Released [checksum d14c]

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Showing developer posts only. Show all posts in this thread.
Hey folks, fixed an error in the notes. We meant to say "increased AE decay from Tyranny by 25%".

Reactions:
Great changes! Any plan to fix the shortages of woman mid-late game? Specially in republics.

After the changes to schemes we do not see this very much anymore. If you have a save from a 1.5 game where family procreation or general lack of characters is a problem please make a bug report with it so we can have a look and analyse it :)

• 6Like
Reactions:
I might be mistaken, but isn't the get married scheme unavailable to republics thereby having republics keep having the problem?

The only difference in a republic is you cannot start it yourself as you are not playing as the head of a royal family. Other characters still use it, just as they do in all non-republics.
Its similar to adoption in this :)

• 4Like
Reactions:
I'm not seeing a fix to the AI not building any ships. Am I mistaken?

That seemed to have been a big issue for quite a few people.

This is quite a nontrivial thing to hunt down. It's something we're looking at, but, incidental changes to AI economy and planning have affected this positively in 1.5.2 (though does not entirely fix it). We're monitoring it.

Reactions:
Doh.

Are there any fixers which may work or is this a game ending bug? I'm reminded of EU armies bugging out and requiring a re-load.

At the moment I've stopped playing until it is resolved.

It doesn't affect how the AI uses their ships, they should continue to do so, and in many cases, the AI will sport a reasonable navy. Current thinking is that it's case of the AI considering themselves navally dominant when the situation doesn't necessarily correspond. This used to lead to ships being disbanded fairly frequently, though we've noticed less of this after unrelated changes to the AI made in 1.5.2.

EDIT: For trivia's sake; it's worth pointing out that this is also why blindly 'fixing' a lot of issues simultaneously can often lead to redundant fixes, further broken things, and weird interaction between newly 'fixed' problems. Incremental, careful bugfixing and balancing results in better long term stability.

• 5Like
Reactions: