[Dev Team] 1.5.1 Hotfix Released [checksum b8d2]

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Jamor

PDS Producer
78 Badges
Mar 7, 2017
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • BATTLETECH
  • Surviving Mars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • BATTLETECH - Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
Hi all, Jamor here to drop a quick word: thanks to the helpful logs we got from you, we were able to pinpoint and fix the crash happening when mousing over certain things in the province view. We are pushing a hotfix live right now to address that issue.

No need for a spoiler cut for the changelog, since it's one line:

- Fixed a crash in province view

It should be completely compatible with 1.5.0 saves, but just in case we've made a 1.5.0 rollback branch which you can opt in to via Steam library - right click on Imperator - betas tab - choose the build you want.

Thanks for your patience, and stand by for more fixes and balance improvements as we continue post launch support in line with your feedback. Hope you have fun playing this weekend!

• 35Like
  • 1Love
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
Thank you for the fast hot fix for this game braking bug.

I would also like some adjustments how you handle AE. The stability downtick is currently realy harsh.
It would be great if we got like 30 or 50 AE before it applies, so we get some breathing room for moderate expension.

• 7Like
Reactions:
It looks like the Antigonid tag has undergone a transformation. It has happened twice, once you select a nation and start a new game.

Attachments

• Imperator 13_08_2020 14_54_05.png
    Imperator 13_08_2020 14_54_05.png
    3,5 MB · Views: 0
Reactions:
Thank you for the fast hot fix for this game braking bug.

I would also like some adjustments how you handle AE. The stability downtick is currently realy harsh.
It would be great if we got like 30 or 50 AE before it applies, so we get some breathing room for moderate expension.
Even starting the penalty at 10 AE would make a big difference to how it is currently. A small buffer allowing for minor conquests without instability would make sense and encourage smaller wars. Give us some more peace options which don't include taking territory directly, so there's a less incentive to take huge amount of land and accrue tons of AE.

• 4Like
Reactions:
I’m also noticing that it’s really easy to get a huge head start on research as Rome compared to the other nations: 238% research efficiency and nearly 2 levels ahead of the Diadochi. Maybe it’s because of the large no. Of nobles/research generated from nobles? :)

I think the balancing of stability, research and AE needs some worK, but it’s a good patch

Can you please fix modding issues? People cannot properly convert province and river files, which results in log telling there's a missing pixels for the province colors. Also, map editor crashes since 1.4. Please, send a programmer into Imperator Mod Coop in Discord, where people can list every issue they have with modding on recent versions.

Reactions:
I reloaded a save and it crashes at the same start date as previously, which .txt file do I check to see where the issue is?

• 1Like
Reactions:
Hey since the Menander Update, random borders are sometimes highlighted/glowing. The hotfix didnt fix the issue and im not the only one having this as people on reddit have complained about this.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Are you aware, that this hotfix doesn't actually fix the crashes? The same crashes I had last patch still happen. I have posted a new bug report on the subforum about that.

• 1Like
Reactions:
It is nice that the crash is fixed. But Is it possible to balance the stability impact of aggressive exapnsion? - it gets quite miserable with aggressive expansion of over 20+.

Reactions:
I am not getting any CTD. Are you playing on a new game or save? Are you hovering over a certain modifier when you get the CTD?

Reactions:
I was still getting the CTD on the old save. It was based on an instance of the "Urban Planning" status and the vertical bar next to the "Coordinate Urban Development" button. Once the status expired everything seemed to be fine. One I initiated another instance of "Coordinate Urban Development" and the "Urban Planning" province modifier showed up again, hovering over the vertical bar once again caused the tooltip for "Urban Planning" to show up and the game to CTD.

Last edited:
Reactions:
Hi all, Jamor here to drop a quick word: thanks to the helpful logs we got from you, we were able to pinpoint and fix the crash happening when mousing over certain things in the province view. We are pushing a hotfix live right now to address that issue.

you're welcome, but didnt this happen when you did 1.4.0 as well......?

not that i mind submitting ctd reports on the reg, but the bug seems to be repeating itself a bit

Reactions:
Just want to say I really like this patch, and it really feels like Imperator is becoming a full fleshed out game.
The many different cultures really gives some meat to my gameplay.
There are many odd bits and bobs that need to be polished for 1.5.X but overall I'm very happy where the game is at now!

Reactions: