[Dev Team] 1.3.1 Hotfix Released [checksum f1f9]

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hi all, Jamor here, to announce the release of version 1.3.1, with a few fixes for day one issues found on Livy.

In the interest of getting necessary fixes in to your hands quickly, the changelog is short and concise. Stand by for more post launch support in future patches.

Here's the changes:

- Fixed a thing that prevented the game from properly shutting down after exiting to desktop on non-Steam versions
- Fixed broken filter for crossplay/non crossplay MP on MS Store
- Fixed ironman save games and autosaves not being rewritten after loading game
- Fixed mouse panning not working in windowed mode

Also, please note that there is a small visual-only glitch that will cause the version number of this build to still be displayed at 1.3.0. I didn't want to delay the patch another day by rebuilding just for that, but we'll get it sorted in the next one that goes out. You can verify you have the new build by the checksum, which is f1f9, visible from the multiplayer screen.

Have fun over the weekend trying out the new features and improvements in Livy. We are recording your feedback and will continue balance and fix work based on that. Thanks all.

Is the "call allies to war" thing fixed ? As Macedon I cant call my allies of Seleudic Empire or Egypt to war against Phrygia, although it shows them as willing to join the war in the "declare war window", they will not join. And after the war is already ongoing they dont want to join anymore.

Can we get a fix for the game not working on Linux? The executable requires libc++ in 1.3 now instead of libstdc++ which 1.2 needed. It can be worked around by install libc++ but that requires compiling it from source since it's not usually included which I think is beyond most people.

Hi all, Jamor here, to announce the release of version 1.3.1, with a few fixes for day one issues found on Livy.

In the interest of getting necessary fixes in to your hands quickly, the changelog is short and concise. Stand by for more post launch support in future patches.

Here's the changes:

- Fixed a thing that prevented the game from properly shutting down after exiting to desktop on non-Steam versions
- Fixed broken filter for crossplay/non crossplay MP on MS Store
- Fixed ironman save games and autosaves not being rewritten after loading game
- Fixed mouse panning not working in windowed mode

Also, please note that there is a small visual-only glitch that will cause the version number of this build to still be displayed at 1.3.0. I didn't want to delay the patch another day by rebuilding just for that, but we'll get it sorted in the next one that goes out. You can verify you have the new build by the checksum, which is f1f9, visible from the multiplayer screen.

Have fun over the weekend trying out the new features and improvements in Livy. We are recording your feedback and will continue balance and fix work based on that. Thanks all.
Darn, I was hoping to see a fix for the alliances bug, and something about more map mode slots.

Some Syracusan missions are directly bypassed without explanation is this normal?

Attachments

• 20191204181742_1.jpg
    20191204181742_1.jpg
    577,8 KB · Views: 64
Getting out of sync error on multiplayer games even on new games. After a few days past. Only happened since hotfix. We can't play the previous Livy save. Or new games.

Same here. I have the Hotfix (hopefully) but the game fails to launch with STEAM and no multiplayer access. I tried everything so far but still no luck.
Please pay more attention to Tech issues guys. Free content and Updates are surely welcomed, but only if we can play the actual game :(

Some Syracusan missions are directly bypassed without explanation is this normal?

It is because it generated a path that you should not have been able to get in the first place - they get bypassed because you could not complete them. Now that you posted this I could find and fix that error though :)

@Trin Tragula any ideas about the launching game failed through steam and disabled multiplayer? (I have tried every suggestion provided in the OP)
I can start the game from it's exe. but not from STEAM and the multi is inaccessible for some reason (it tells me to sign in on STEAM but I am already) so I can't check my checksum due to the bug which fails to show the actual version's number.

Cheers!

Last edited:
Wanted to share my experience from the last 3 hours of game crashing, re-installing and finally bug hunting. I found the reason for the crashs...

When changing on a fresh installed game with no mods the graphic settings to "Low" preset or specifically "shadow details" to "disabled" (the option above 1024x1024) the game will crash in loading screen.

you can fix it in pdx_settings.txt in C:\Users\%username%\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Imperator
change "shadowmap_resolution" from value="disabled" to value="1024x1024" then your game will start again.

you're welcome. :)

Wanted to share my experience from the last 3 hours of game crashing, re-installing and finally bug hunting. I found the reason for the crashs...

When changing on a fresh installed game with no mods the graphic settings to "Low" preset or specifically "shadow details" to "disabled" (the option above 1024x1024) the game will crash in loading screen.

you can fix it in pdx_settings.txt in C:\Users\%username%\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Imperator
change "shadowmap_resolution" from value="disabled" to value="1024x1024" then your game will start again.

Glad it worked for you.
Doesn't work for me.

EDIT: Wait, it loaded on the second run. I changed nothing. Go figure.

Jamor, was the removal of alliance restrictions intentional or not? I don't see it listed in the patch notes, but it's in the game now and it's a bit of a mess currently. I need to understand if this is a bug or not.
they were intentional, and they made game much more interesting

I did this and the game loaded, then got to the menu, THEN crashed.
So, I guess incrimental progress?

I've been having the issue of Imperator seemingly hanging after launching, but in actuality it's still
loading files in the background and reaches the main menu after about a minute.

Maybe for someone else whose game is crashing while loading it isn't actually doing so and hopefully just waiting it out helps.

I am also getting CTD's after this update when before I never did. Also the load time up until the CTD is like twice as long as pre-patch.

EDIT: the mentioned deletion of the Imperator folder in the documents file path fixed my issue.

Last edited: