[Dev Team] 1.3.1 Hotfix Released [checksum f1f9]

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Jamor

PDS Producer
78 Badges
Mar 7, 2017
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • BATTLETECH
  • Surviving Mars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • BATTLETECH - Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
Hi all, Jamor here, to announce the release of version 1.3.1, with a few fixes for day one issues found on Livy.

In the interest of getting necessary fixes in to your hands quickly, the changelog is short and concise. Stand by for more post launch support in future patches.

Here's the changes:

- Fixed a thing that prevented the game from properly shutting down after exiting to desktop on non-Steam versions
- Fixed broken filter for crossplay/non crossplay MP on MS Store
- Fixed ironman save games and autosaves not being rewritten after loading game
- Fixed mouse panning not working in windowed mode

Also, please note that there is a small visual-only glitch that will cause the version number of this build to still be displayed at 1.3.0. I didn't want to delay the patch another day by rebuilding just for that, but we'll get it sorted in the next one that goes out. You can verify you have the new build by the checksum, which is f1f9, visible from the multiplayer screen.

Have fun over the weekend trying out the new features and improvements in Livy. We are recording your feedback and will continue balance and fix work based on that. Thanks all.

I wonder why this issues went live with 1.3 in the first place... Like the dev team didn't notice that ironman saves are broken?

A thing that often happens in software development is you find an issue after a hard freeze time, when the release build is already sent. That's what happened here. In this case, we fixed locally and got this patch to you as fast as we could. Let us know how it works out for you.

Jamor, was the removal of alliance restrictions intentional or not? I don't see it listed in the patch notes, but it's in the game now and it's a bit of a mess currently. I need to understand if this is a bug or not.

A thing that often happens in software development is you find an issue after a hard freeze time, when the release build is already sent. That's what happened here. In this case, we fixed locally and got this patch to you as fast as we could. Let us know how it works out for you.

I find that excuse pretty disrupting. After 1.6 patch for Stellaris from so long time ago (that was supposed to be bug-fixing and instead introduced a bug where AI wouln't ever go to war... Funny thing) I really would expect that patches should be at least triple-checked. Especially when together with release of 1.3 the free weekend on Steam was announced - this kind of little things are hurting your reputation as game developer... Thankfully these issues weren't very serious but still - on the path of redemption for I:R the case of "rushing patches" (as many on the forums said before, when playtesting 1.3 patch) is not a good sign.
Of course I'm very glad for such a quick fix but it shouldn't happen in the first place. Yesterday I jumped on I:R to check it for the first time in 3 or so months and learned that I cannot continue my playthrough. It's not hurting me a lot but it leaves a bad taste.

So mods-localization still not work? :(

The team is very invested in making sure mods function properly, and we're going to be looking into it as soon as we can. I can't give any promises as to when this will be fixed, but rest assured that it's important to us.

1.4 should have a long open beta like 1.2
Note that even open betas don't always catch all bugs. One of, if not the, worst bugs a release version of CK2 has had in its history was the levy bug from a few years ago, which prevented the AI from disbanding its levies (if you haven't played CK2, you can't declare war when you have levies raised, and you get increasing opinion penalties from your vassals the longer you have their levies raised, meaning that AI realms were incapable of declaring more than one war apiece throughout the game, and they were all incredibly unstable as all their vassals hated their top liege). To make things worse, it was pushed out in a patch right before the Christmas holiday, which meant that it went weeks without a hotfix being released (leading to massive complaints on the forum, later parodied in a Downfall video).

The thing is, the patch that introduced it followed a open beta, and it is widely suspected (although I don't recall if we ever got confirmation from the devs) that it was the result of fixing another bug that had been caught in the open beta patch (which had involved another, lesser, interface problem with disbanding levies).

DO you have a link for this video? :)
Not anymore; it was on Youtube and was posted in the CK2 meme thread, but that was years ago. Also, since it was a Downfall video, it might have had banned symbols on some of the soldiers' uniforms, so I'm not sure I could post it even if I could find it.

@Jamor The launcher on Linux says 1.3.0 and no pending updates. Did you forget to do something?
Also, please note that there is a small visual-only glitch that will cause the version number of this build to still be displayed at 1.3.0. I didn't want to delay the patch another day by rebuilding just for that, but we'll get it sorted in the next one that goes out. You can verify you have the new build by the checksum, which is f1f9, visible from the multiplayer screen.