• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Why not just claim the title of Emperor yourself then?

Eh, if I'm playing as Abnur for example I'd rather RP being the power behind the Ruby Throne. Although there could certainly be an option to claim the empire for yourself and automatically leave the Elder Council too.

Eh, if I'm playing as Abnur for example I'd rather RP being the power behind the Ruby Throne. Although there could certainly be an option to claim the empire for yourself and automatically leave the Elder Council too.
The Imperial succession and, by association, Emperors/Empresses-Regent aren't likely to be touched until Holy Fury is out when we see what can be done with the new Eldership succession law. Supported by some supplemental events and decisions, we should hopefully be able to have a satisfying succession system.

So can I influence the Council as the Emperor in any way other than vetoing all their demands? Started off as Caius Lex, reformed the Commune and formed Cyrodiil (didn't seem to get the "Pretend-to-the-throne" decision though, had to form the empire the hard way) some 300ish years down the line, and now my Potentate trait tells me I have >6000 imperial influence, yet I can't find where to make use of it. Current council laws are basically the starting ones plus Councillor Appointment

So can I influence the Council as the Emperor in any way other than vetoing all their demands? Started off as Caius Lex, reformed the Commune and formed Cyrodiil (didn't seem to get the "Pretend-to-the-throne" decision though, had to form the empire the hard way) some 300ish years down the line, and now my Potentate trait tells me I have >6000 imperial influence, yet I can't find where to make use of it. Current council laws are basically the starting ones plus Councillor Appointment
At the moment, the main use of Imperial Influence is for proposing laws to the Council and dismissing/appointed High Chancellors when the right laws are in place. When Holy Fury is released, new systems like Sway and Antagonise will be adjusted to allow for more influencing of the Council.

This all just sounds great. Really fleshing out diplomacy and governments, i love it
The Imperial succession and, by association, Emperors/Empresses-Regent aren't likely to be touched until Holy Fury is out when we see what can be done with the new Eldership succession law. Supported by some supplemental events and decisions, we should hopefully be able to have a satisfying succession system.
Has there been any progress on this front?

Has there been any progress on this front?
At the moment, the Empire has its own unique succession law. It's something of a combination of the Imperial Commune's elective law where the Elder Council holds significant sway and Confirmation, where your close relatives are the preferred candidates

Reactions:
Advancing should be more difficult. Complete randos keep joining and becoming high chancellor almost immediately. Very cool concept though and I’m looking forward to the improvements

Not sure if this feature is compatible with random worlds, but on a random world, the elder council doesn't exist - and it's impossible to join or create because I don't fit the criteria "you must hold land in the current or former empire or be a vassal of the emperor". I own the kingdom of cyrodiil, so I do own land in the former empire. I guess it's because, since this is a random world, there is no history, and so technically, the former empire never existed?

Is there any lore reason for the Kamal to listen to the Elder council? I'm asking this because i started on the bookmark with the Kamal empress and i can't change laws because the elder council has less than 10 members(this is the only thing missing from the requirements, that i saw, i could also just be stupid) , and even if i don't veto they still vote no on newcomers, all im doing is just sitting there waiting for imperial influence to use the restore council decision.
I think this makes no sense, the Kamal have rule by might succesion, so why would they care about imperial laws? All of my vassals are Kamal/four winds but i can't do anything because the Elder council doesn't have 10 members and hates me. (obviously)
I'm guessing it's because there's no way to get rid of the EC yet, right?
I feel like being able to dissolve the EC or remove the power to the point it's titular needs to be a possibility, maybe just for foreign conquerors and warlords?
This isn't a fun killer or anything like that, i just started the game and i haven't even finished conquering de jure cyrodiil, it's just that it involves waiting for a number to go up while i get the feeling that a warlord from a culture where might rules wouldn't exactly care much about. (and if it's about might i have 30k troops so im already the stronkest in Tamriel and im not even done with cyrodiil)

Is there any lore reason for the Kamal to listen to the Elder council? I'm asking this because i started on the bookmark with the Kamal empress and i can't change laws because the elder council has less than 10 members(this is the only thing missing from the requirements, that i saw, i could also just be stupid) , and even if i don't veto they still vote no on newcomers, all im doing is just sitting there waiting for imperial influence to use the restore council decision.
I think this makes no sense, the Kamal have rule by might succesion, so why would they care about imperial laws? All of my vassals are Kamal/four winds but i can't do anything because the Elder council doesn't have 10 members and hates me. (obviously)
I'm guessing it's because there's no way to get rid of the EC yet, right?
I feel like being able to dissolve the EC or remove the power to the point it's titular needs to be a possibility, maybe just for foreign conquerors and warlords?
This isn't a fun killer or anything like that, i just started the game and i haven't even finished conquering de jure cyrodiil, it's just that it involves waiting for a number to go up while i get the feeling that a warlord from a culture where might rules wouldn't exactly care much about. (and if it's about might i have 30k troops so im already the stronkest in Tamriel and im not even done with cyrodiil)
Policies exist to completely strip the Council of its power. If you are playing on the SVN, there is a decision to quickly fill the Council's ranks when it falls below quorum

Reactions: