• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Toccs

AGOT Mod
40 Badges
Jun 3, 2015
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2
  • Sengoku
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
We have a lot of exciting things in the works at the moment so here is a brief glimpse into just some of those things.

Through a series of companion submods, (in a similar vein to the Century of Blood submod) the AGOT mod will be greatly expanding the timeline of playable starts. It will now be possible to play as First Men petty kings, Essos based Andals and yes an intact pre-Doom Valyrian Freehold.

ck2_1.png

Each of the submods covers a roughly 300 year period of time featuring many canon events all painstaking correlated across worldbook chapters in order to present a reasonably accurate timeline of Planetos' history. The event and character dates are all consistent across the submods and the main mod. If you look up say Theon Stark in the family history of the main mod, that is the same dates you will find him playable in the relevant submod.
So, here is a preview of some of things coming up.

The Andal Invasion

A time when Westeros was still dominated by the kingdoms of the First Men and the Andals still ruled in Essos. Beginning with the Scouring of Lorath in 6478 and continuing on to cover the events of the subsequent Andal invasion of Westeros. Several new bookmarks are added which include many famous canon characters. During this time provinces on the Eastern coast of Westeros will be plagued by seaborne Andal invaders.

ck2_8.png

ck2_1_Copy.png
ck2_1_Copy_Copy.png

ck2_2.png
ck2_11.png

The Rhoynish Wars

A time long after the Andals have conquered Westeros, this submod focuses on the series of wars between the Rhoynar and the Valyrians which resulted in Nymeria's eventual arrival in Dorne. This time period includes Garin the Great's defiant war against Valyria and of course Nymeria and Mors Martell's conquest of the petty kings of Dorne.

ck2_2_Copy.png
ck2_3.png

ck2_10.png

Valyrian mechanics

The Valyrian Freehold operates quite differently to other merchant republic titles in the mod. I will leave it to Knuckey to further expand upon the mechanics in a later dev diary but here a some glimpses.

Dragons are obviously an important part of Valyria and they are handled through a series of events. Rulers (and realm characters with sufficient martial) of the "high_valyrian" culture have an event on startup which spawns them a dragon and Valyrian Steel sword. Being a dragon rider allows them certain things such as the ability to be appointed as Archon of a conquered province. Provinces in Valyria also carry the chance of randomly spawning dragons similar to the Shadowlands provinces.

The Free Cities are tributaries to Valyria and thus effectively rule themselves while titles that are directly sworn to Valyria such as the Ghiscari cities are ruled by Dragon Lord Archons who are appointed from Valyria.

ck2_5.png
ck2_6.png

The new stuff looks amazing! So many new starts to try =)

Are there any plans to add Rhoynish water magic? It would be helpful in countering all those dragons!

Amazing diary, one question though, Will the Jhogwin be added? It is mentioned that they won't extinct one thousand years ago, so they should ve alive un the earliest bookmarks.

Last edited:
Wow...that was certainly unexpected.

One question/suggestion. Do you plan to have some sort of dynastic dragons? Let´s say I play as House Targaryen and I have a dragon. My character dies and that dragon (in ordinary GoT mod) can now be tamed by people in the same province. So, my question is, when that province has tons of characters capable of taming dragons, including characters from other dragonlord dynasties, is there something preventing others from taming that dragon if they are not Targaryens? Because it would be great to have small pool of dragons to choose from (with other dynasties having their own dragons) and, on the opposite, not getting a dragon that was in my family for century snatched by random courtier and it would IMO really add to the immersion.

In these earlier dates, will there still be options for creating Empire Tier titles in Essos or Westeros?

Also, I am curious about what sort of Valyrian dynasties would exist. Since you guys have to create entirely new family trees, I am interested in the CoA.

I have some water magic code done if you guys would like it for the Rhoyonar?

I hope there will be more diverse cultures than just *First Men*.
i would like there to be cultures for specific areas wherever they are, for example:
-like Muddish for the Riverlands,
-Runesmen and mountain clansmen in the Vale area
-Clawmen, dusklanders, and most importantly CRABMEN in the Crownland regions

Also, will there be culture flips if the Andal invasion are successful?

Otherwise this is looking great, i cannot wait till its available for access :)

Thank you i can't wait to play, i hope that there wont be randomly close and back to the windows issues. And wondering if there will be an ingame event chain led to the doom of Valyria

What kind of blasphemous witchcraft was used/is planned to be used to change the terrain in Valyria after the doom?. I'm honestly intrigued. By the way, what would be the general feeling about the Doom? Unavoidable, scripted, fixed event or some variability?

Any new CBs for the petty kings? I'm wondering if something similar to the warlord CB from Elder Kings might be useful for Westeros, similar to the river kings just supplanting each other repeatedly. Could also give the larger starting rulers a bit of a steamroll advantage though.

I hope there will be more diverse cultures than just *First Men*.
i would like there to be cultures for specific areas wherever they are, for example:
-like Muddish for the Riverlands,
-Runesmen and mountain clansmen in the Vale area
-Clawmen, dusklanders, and most importantly CRABMEN in the Crownland regions

That's not going to happen as that would basically be making a different culture for every high lordship.

What kind of blasphemous witchcraft was used/is planned to be used to change the terrain in Valyria after the doom?. I'm honestly intrigued. By the way, what would be the general feeling about the Doom? Unavoidable, scripted, fixed event or some variability?

The terrain doesn't and can't change ingame, that's why these are submods, it's a replacement map. If you play before the Doom, the Doom won't happen.

How will the Fourty be handled ? Will families be created ?

Families have been created but I don't think there's 40 of them in the same way there isn't 100 families in Pentos.