• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Gars couldn't post this himself today, so I'm doing it for him:

Ladies and gentlemen, this is the Captain speaking. I’ve been invited to make a short guest appearance here this week to give you an update on some of the new features that will be available to further mod Crusader Kings II once the next DLC is released.

Ever since the addition of forts to the game, there has been requests to be able to build buildings inside them just as in other settlements. Well, now you can.

And for those mods who want to present their players with their own bookmarks or additional bookmarks, the era selection screen has now been made fully customizable. So there is no longer the need to use our hard-coded localization strings or images, and the number of eras presented can now be set to anywhere from one to five.

Due to popular demand I have also added a number of new powerful scopes to triggers and effects that will make it easier to script complicated events and decisions, such as any_character and any_landed_title.

To whom an AI character gives out minor titles and religious titles are now scriptable in the same way as other decisions, and targeted decisions has gotten a new friend filter.

The new patch will also see a number of bug fixes. Some of the additional family opinion modifiers that were added earlier this year, such as uncle, nephew and niece all had some problems but are now working as designed, and the opinions between a child and his/her mother and father have now been split into several modifiers to allow for more control.

If you are interested to read more about these and other features you can head over to the mod sub-forum (https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?forums/crusader-kings-ii-user-modifications.682/) and specifically the thread Captain's Log (https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/captains-log.774248/)

Over and out.

/The Captain

dd6.jpg

I need to respectfully disagree with those who defend seduction as not bugged. It's not that one can't bend, stretch and twist the definition of 'bug'* to try to argue that this is not included, but that still doesn't mean the issue is somehow less important or more tolerable.

Balance means something like comparative levy numbers or income potential, but when in a roleplaying game — mediaeval dynasty sim — things start looking like a carricatural college flick, then it's more than just unbalanced.

I can't agree with the line of arguments that Seduction is not easy to balance, either. Sure it wouldn't be easy to make it perfect. But the difficulty or impossibility of making it perfect doesn't meant no fixes should be pursued at all, even some very easy ones that could improve the situation dramatically.

As a minimum it shouldn't be difficult or time-consuming to just decrease the overall MTTH/success rate to start with.

Next, when there is more time, something really basic like the chance of choosing the focus, succeeding at or falling for seduction increased or decreased depending on the most obvious traits (e.g. Lustful, Honest, Zealous in a monogamous religion) plus opinion maluses and Righteous Imprisonment/CB to make life less unrealistically easy for seducers. A CB, let alone RI, shouldn't be hard to add.

This before thinking about finer tweaks.

====

* From wikipedia:

A software bug is an error, flaw, failure, or fault in a computer program or system that causes it to produce an incorrect or unexpected result, or to behave in unintended ways. Most bugs arise from mistakes and errors made by people in either a program's source code or its design

The narrowing down that goes on in these particular forums in order to defend the state of the game is incorrect.

===

Ever since the addition of forts to the game, there has been requests to be able to build buildings inside them just as in other settlements. Well, now you can.

Great. I'd wished they could be a bit more fleshed out. Would it be possible to give forts located in your territory a bit more of a unique role in defending or controlling it than as an additional half-sized/half-staffed castle? What about upgrading them to proper castles?

And for those mods who want to present their players with their own bookmarks or additional bookmarks, the era selection screen has now been made fully customizable. So there is no longer the need to use our hard-coded localization strings or images, and the number of eras presented can now be set to anywhere from one to five.

Would you also consider making it easier (fewer clicks and fewer animations/less loading time) to access the old bookmarks, the way it was before? The new menu with 5 eras has not really given me anything positive in return for the more clicks/loading time required. I would love an option to just turn it off and go straight to old-style bookmarks like via 'Custom Game'.

Due to popular demand I have also added a number of new powerful scopes to triggers and effects that will make it easier to script complicated events and decisions, such as any_character and any_landed_title.

That's great, but I wish the designers actually did more of that kind of complicated flavourful scripting for vanilla, apart from enabling it for mods. :(

The new patch will also see a number of bug fixes. Some of the additional family opinion modifiers that were added earlier this year, such as uncle, nephew and niece all had some problems but are now working as designed, and the opinions between a child and his/her mother and father have now been split into several modifiers to allow for more control.

Good. Would you please consider replacing the automatic Pretender/Claimant penalties with something more personalized (e.g. controlled by AI greed and AI honour) in vanilla?

Realistically speaking, people don't necessarily hate each other for being the next one up or down in the succession line. Envy happens, but it should not be presumed.

Last edited:
Reactions:
* From wikipedia:

The narrowing down that goes on in these particular forums in order to defend the state of the game is incorrect.

I don't defend the state of the game. But it's NOT a bug. It's not 'an incorrect or unexpected result, or to behave in unintended ways'. Because it's working like it was intended. It was not a mistake. The devs wanted it to work this way but noticed later that it's unblanaced. It's not a bug.

Reactions:
I don't defend the state of the game. But it's NOT a bug. It's not 'an incorrect or unexpected result, or to behave in unintended ways'. Because it's working like it was intended. It was not a mistake. The devs wanted it to work this way but noticed later that it's unblanaced. It's not a bug.

When you define it like that, then your definition of 'unintended' becomes narrowed down to a compiler error or wrong checksum or a typo in the code, which is very clearly too narrow to be defensible. Unintended operation of software is when results are not what the developer wanted the software to act like. Intended operation or WAD is when the software works the way you intended to, not when your finger didn't slip when typing in the code for it.

At least I hope we agree that it badly needs fixing, regardless how it's classified (which is not really all that important).

Reactions: