• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hi everyone!

You may or may not know this already, but we just moved to a new office. Some of you visited us in the Paradox Tower (we had a fan gathering at our office some years ago) and while we’re missing the great view, the new office is fundamentally better in terms of layout. Now we can actually sit the whole team in one place including two integrated QA (in the previous office QA had to sit on another floor). Also, we’re sitting next to a coffee machine so production efficiency is up 10%.

Today I’m going to spoil a minor usability improvement we’ve done for the patch. I had Nusia coming into the team with me for this expansion and he quickly got annoyed by how much work it was to go to the character owning a province. Thus he did some improvements and now you can right-click a province to go to the character owning that province. Shift+right-click take you to the top liege of the province, so no more clicking a character and then clicking the liege and then clicking the liege. Alt+right-click will open the interaction menu with the character owning the province. Finally alt+shift+right-click opens the interaction menu of the top liege. War declarations have never been this easy.

Since right-clicking doesn’t make for great screenshots, I’ll post a picture of the team in the new office instead.
IMG_20151027_092805.jpg

Also a bonus for this week! The new office has a sound studio, meaning that Björn, our sound designer, (who haven't had the opportunity to work with CK2 a lot before) can produce a lot more audio assets. Just now we crammed the team into a shoe box and recorded some crowd ambiance sounds. That was 5 minutes ago, so I can't share anything, but here's a work in progress of one of the new audio assets.

Attachments

• wip_audio.zip
    80,7 KB · Views: 1.638
I just realized Nusia looks like a evil villain who is smirking as his evil plan is coming to fruition....
So it's a trait that he shares with you? :p
Also, what's the text on your t-shirt?

Hint: It's in latin, and a teaser of the future. ^_^

Doomsday ?
Is the Flying Spaghetti Monster already coming ?

Had french in school. No latin....sadly.
Who would know that in the world of science and learning..and gaming latin is actually far more helpful. :(

It's not so much the coffee machine itself, it's the fact there are more of them now and one of them is close enough i could make a caffeine IV drip...

Not sure what that is, but sounds rock'n roll and promising.
cool.gif

Me and Nusia like to cater to our fans so here's a hot pr0n pic of Nusia's beard with the coffee machine.

xCZQayn.jpg

Beards ! Rule !!!

Coffee machine. Well it's not an italian (slightly shocked)
blink.gif
, .........but it probably qualifies as one.
As long as there is this dark stuff coming out of it, fine.
Makes the change to the dark side far easier and quicker too.
starwars013.gif

Interesting that it's high. Makes me wonder if the little bit more pressure helps the taste.
Does it have a name ?

Which heretic put up that TEA sign(?) down there to the left !
Blasphemy !

Good work place.

So it's a trait that he shares with you? :p
Also, what's the text on your t-shirt?

Being a software engineer is easy, it's like riding a bike except the bike is on fire, you're on fire, everything is on fire and you're in hell.

Reactions:
Being a software engineer is easy, it's like riding a bike except the bike is on fire, you're on fire, everything is on fire and you're in hell.
Can confirm, feels like hell when trying to code something. And I do it for fun with no deadline.

Groogy looks nothing like I expected him to look, and yet now that I've seen him I can't imagine him looking any different. A paradox, one might say.

Reactions:
Come on, there must be someone in this part of the forums knowledgeable in Latin who can translate the soundclip for us.

Reactions:
Reactions:
Come on, there must be someone in this part of the forums knowledgeable in Latin who can translate the soundclip for us.

I don't speak any latin but with google translate the best guess is that he says "nuc anima casto caste bach" "And now, chaste life back" or something like that.

Reactions:
The best I can come up with is: Uno camini castos est *something that sounds like 'epact'* As far as I'm aware epact is not a Latin word so I'm going to steal from Archinorf and declare the last part to be pax to get
UNO CAMINI CASTOS EST E PAX
This strikes me as unlikely even if all the individual words are Latin, and Google translate tells me it means
First, the peace camp stove...

I am no latin expert but first thought was "Un nox nomine estis pax" which google translates as "A night in the name of peace"

Going back provided more syllables to yield "Un nox nomine dus este pace" = "A night in the name of this peace pact". Other permutations and derivatives with possibly imagined further syllables include the following:

"Un nux non in ex ars dus este pace" = "A mix of art is not in this peace pact"

"Un nuc non am ex arx dus este pace" = "And now I am a focal point of this peace pact"

"in nuc non im ax ars dus este pace" = "And now the ax could not craft this peace pact"

and finally

"Un nux non im ex arce dus este pace" = "A nut could not keep out of this peace pact"

[edit] and one final interesting one:

"un nuc non in ex arce dus este pace" = "And now there is a castle in this peace pact"

Reactions:
Naval chinese theocracies...on mars....and hedeghogs as alien invaders.... or evil sandworms.

Clearly !

Oh wait, no map expansion.
Damnit. I knew there was something wrong with my expertise.

Here's what I got from the Latin:

Nunc nodime castus est et pax
Nunc nodime castus est epos
Nunc notime castus est epos

Nunc = now
nodime = nodus, -i is a noun that means a knot.
noti could be from noto, -are to make a mark or sign.

The "me" sounds like it's elided to the word which seems odd to me.

castus est can be the past participle of the verb careo, meaning to lose or be separated from something.
My grammar was inconsitent on whether or not it can take a genitive.

My guess would be something like "Now peace has been lost by a knot/not/note." One other crazy word I thought the beginning might be is nautime which could have some reference to sailors - perhaps the sailors are the ones seizing or violating the peace ...

The last part is either et pax (and peace) or epos (epic). Maybe epochs ...