• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hi everyone!

You may or may not know this already, but we just moved to a new office. Some of you visited us in the Paradox Tower (we had a fan gathering at our office some years ago) and while we’re missing the great view, the new office is fundamentally better in terms of layout. Now we can actually sit the whole team in one place including two integrated QA (in the previous office QA had to sit on another floor). Also, we’re sitting next to a coffee machine so production efficiency is up 10%.

Today I’m going to spoil a minor usability improvement we’ve done for the patch. I had Nusia coming into the team with me for this expansion and he quickly got annoyed by how much work it was to go to the character owning a province. Thus he did some improvements and now you can right-click a province to go to the character owning that province. Shift+right-click take you to the top liege of the province, so no more clicking a character and then clicking the liege and then clicking the liege. Alt+right-click will open the interaction menu with the character owning the province. Finally alt+shift+right-click opens the interaction menu of the top liege. War declarations have never been this easy.

Since right-clicking doesn’t make for great screenshots, I’ll post a picture of the team in the new office instead.
IMG_20151027_092805.jpg

Also a bonus for this week! The new office has a sound studio, meaning that Björn, our sound designer, (who haven't had the opportunity to work with CK2 a lot before) can produce a lot more audio assets. Just now we crammed the team into a shoe box and recorded some crowd ambiance sounds. That was 5 minutes ago, so I can't share anything, but here's a work in progress of one of the new audio assets.

Attachments

• wip_audio.zip
    80,7 KB · Views: 1.638
Always nice to read about QoL improvements to the game. Heard the crowd noises and was wondering what the heck the guy was saying in the background. Any explanations?

It's Metal King shouting in Latin. See if you can figure it out...

Reactions:
I wonder if the last two diaries have some hints
The move - possible move from 32 bit to 64 bit meaning more processing power, more playable characters (theocracies, inland republics, barons, mayors, courtiers and lowborns), cadet dynasties, real economy and demographics, naval battles and east Asia + more of Africa

Reactions:
And people were saying that the CK2 team wouldn't have a serious DD this week because of the move!
It wasn't serious. All we got in the development diary was more information about CK2's development. ;)
;)

Reactions:
Nice diary! Looks like you are a happy team which will have a nice time in your new office!

Hi everyone!

You may or may not know this already, but we just moved to a new office. Some of you visited us in the Paradox Tower (we had a fan gathering at our office some years ago) and while we’re missing the great view, the new office is fundamentally better in terms of layout. Now we can actually sit the whole team in one place including two integrated QA (in the previous office QA had to sit on another floor). Also, we’re sitting next to a coffee machine so production efficiency is up 10%.
Colocation is such an efficiency boost for teams. :)

I sit next to the kitchen at my work, so I get the productivity boost of the coffee, but I pay the price of people chatting when they drop in for coffee. It's such a double edged sword!

Uuh, nukitanimaekastusastepact?
Who's got ideas?

I wonder if the last two diaries have some hints
The move - possible move from 32 bit to 64 bit meaning more processing power, more playable characters (theocracies, inland republics, barons, mayors, courtiers and lowborns), cadet dynasties, real economy and demographics, naval battles and east Asia + more of Africa

V3, Rome II, East vs West confirmed you say?

Reactions:
Any plans to improve the engine so it utilises better what halfway modern pcs have to offer? Ck2 is struggeling more than it should.
Maybe make a final 32-bit version and finally upgrade to 64-bit as a start? It is not like a 32-bit system is likely to run ck2 at an ok speed.

Reactions:
More backstory: Right-clicking on provinces in EU4 brings you to the diplomacy view for that country, and since I'm more used to EU4 (and even HOI4) I found the lack of this feature in CK2 quite annoying and had to fix it.
That's a good change. You know, there's a lot of features like that in EU4 that should be adapted to CK2, and to all the next games, like automatic sea transport.

Reactions:
Hey, you're the CKII team not the EUIV team, don't be dropping Europa Universalis references!
Not even an understandable reference! Production efficiency is quite clearly a measurement of how effectively your government can take it's own slice of the production pie, considering it has nothing to do with goods produced.

Reactions:
Reactions:
Yes, we get it, you want features every week. Clearly they're giving us this stuff until they're ready to start pre-launching the game. You don't have to say it every single diary.
Don't take it so seriously. ;) I love to read whatever Paradox put up for us, and I respect it. My post was just to tell that I'm hyped about the next expansion. Not complaining about anything. Sorry if I made it to look like that. :oops:

Reactions:
index.php

From Left to Right they are;

Moah, Rageair, Dorimeh, Birken, Groogy, Divine, Servancour, The Witch-King, Nusia, MooFC
That's so weird half of you got to be younger than I am.

More backstory: Right-clicking on provinces in EU4 brings you to the diplomacy view for that country, and since I'm more used to EU4 (and even HOI4) I found the lack of this feature in CK2 quite annoying and had to fix it.

Well done

Anyone understood what the audio says ?
"Look, anime castle asks apart."...........................what ? o_O

At least i can blame someone if i can't sleep tonight.

From Left to Right they are;

Moah, Rageair, Dorimeh, Birken, Groogy, Divine, Servancour, The Witch-King, Nusia, MooFC
MooFC looks super shifty. I think he's plotting to usurp something. Assign your Spymaster to the new HQ for now.

On a more serious note, sounds like a nice change. Gonna take some getting used to but once it is I will be able to crush infidels for the glory of.. someone. I'm just not looking forward toward those times when you somehow deselect your army and end up opening a diplomatic view instead of moving your troops.

Reactions: