• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Vroobel

Ex- 2D Artist Mesoamerica Universalis
43 Badges
May 5, 2014
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV
that is a pretty cool dev diary. Starting to get much more of a feel for the world

There's almost no activity on this board, yet the Obsidian ones redirect to this place. What's going on?

Perhaps they don't want to build up hype too much OR they got nothing to show in terms of gameplay, only static screenshots. Until they got something more to show, I suspect they want to keep things to a minimal and only start being active when they have things to show off a few months before release.

Can't wait to see what they'll show at E3

Oh and pssst, I thought of something while reading the latest dev diary, in case my prediction might come through

Seeing as Exarchs are spontaneously made or found, I'm guessing there is a high chance you as the player character might be one also and one of the end game plots is how you will use your exarch-hood and which Archon you might topple. Called it here first! :cool:

Thanks for sharing.

There's almost no activity on this board, yet the Obsidian ones redirect to this place. What's going on?

Given the game is apparantly supposed to come out this year and there is so little information and a worryingly laissez-faire approach to getting it's name out there I can't help but feel there are serious problems with this project behind the scenes. I'm getting a very East vs West vibe so far.

Given the game is apparantly supposed to come out this year and there is so little information and a worryingly laissez-faire approach to getting it's name out there I can't help but feel there are serious problems with this project behind the scenes. I'm getting a very East vs West vibe so far.
serious?
like something that could destroy this game?

serious?
like something that could destroy this game?

The really lackluster presence here is remarkable. POE in their forums was flooding with comments at this stage in development, as was its KS.

I suppose it was different due to the kickstarter hype, but still... This place is dead, the Obsidian forums redirect here and you very rarely see a developer posting. I mean, I think the studio is doing fine after POE and their South Park game, but this project...?

Most of the time they don't even bother posting the DD here, just on sort of a blog website that doesn't seem very frequented and then it's posted here after a long while.

The blog website looks and loads like a flash website from the late 90's too. :rolleyes:

Its been ten days since E3 now, eighteen since the last dev diary, and does anyone remember that short story they put on the blog? That was the 6th of may and was supposed to be the first in a series of them

Speaking of E3, perhaps the world's largest video games expo, how have they chosen to present their game to the media and potential fans? To whet their appetite for a game that's scheduled to come out in less than twenty weeks? A gameplay trailer containing a sum-total of 5 seconds of gameplay.

I want to be wrong, I really like the concept and the setting seems fun but the way it seems that so little is being put into promoting this thing gives me the impression that they're just not proud of it. That if this game does see the light of day it'll just be pushed quietly out the door to soften the loss and then be forgotten about as if it was an awkward fart, like Impire and a Game of Dwarves.

I love the idea of this game and will most probably pre-order it (as I've done with PoE) or at least buy it after the first reviews. Nethertheless, i totaly forgott about this game after announcement. I came here after Tyranny was added to GOG, so basically per coincidence. So, it will be released this year!? You definetly need more ads. More previews and such stuff. After reading the DDs I can already here the hype-train for me :)