• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(90310)

Banned
1 Badges
Jan 3, 2008
  • Hearts of Iron III
You may have noticed that we have a new Tab called "Trade".
We put in most of the indicator- and status-interface
from the production menu
We tried to regroup and organize those elements in such a way that it would match common sense.
So the Trade Tab consists now of the Convoy System,
the Resource Depot System and also a window for making quick Trade Agreements. A country
list for quick trade partner selection has also been added.

The best option there, so far, may be our new Auto-Trade Settings Window.
We implemented a lot of options in there so that you can customize your trades
the way you want it. You can block trading for some resources and prioritize
which you want to import.

devdiary31.jpg

Currently we work at the Import System which will, when its fully developed,
work with some kind of a double slider which you may have seen already in the new production tab screen shot

A top red marker will indicate how much you actually
want to import, the green bottom slider will indicate your willingness to pay for it.

So you e.g. set a high willingness and a low amount, you will mostly get in all cases
your wanted import trades. with low willingness you probably only get trades with
countries you have good relations with e.g. trades with ITA as GER.

Beside that shiny and practical new auto-trade feature, you can of course make
manual deals in the tab. All Trades now also require convoys should a direct land connection
does not exist.

devdiary32.jpg

For trading, money has now become more important than before.
A normal trade deal should always be paid with $'s now, and not with another resource

So summarized, you can customize your auto trade with AOD to a very large extent.

For Province Trading of occupied territory with your allies we integrated some cool
new ingame options accessible via a mouse right click. The well known Venue will appear but will
now give the additional Option to secede a non-national
province to an ally of your choice.

devdiary33.jpg

We also fixed some bugs regarding Unit Trading. Ships which were damaged now don't get
repaired for free when traded to an ally. They will remain the Str-Value they had
in the beginning of the trade. This was a popular exploit in MP Games
and is now one extra step towards an bug free game for us!

To give you some insight into the so frequent mentioned modability of the game, here comes some
small code excerpt showing the editable minister effect,modifiers and names.

Code:
    # personality fields:
    #
    # personality_string= the string that is placed int the minister csv files
    # name   = the localized string for the personality name
    # desc   = the localized string for the personality description
    # minister_position = HeadOfState/HeadOfGovernment/ForeignMinister/ArmamentMinister/MinisterOfSecurity/MinisterOfIntelligence/
    #                     ChiefOfStaff/ChiefOfArmy/ChiefOfNavy/ChiefOfAir/all
    #                     NOTE! if 'all' is used, no modifiers can be used

personality = { 
        personality_string = "smiling oilman" 
        name = "NPERSONALITY_SMILING_OILMAN" 
        desc = "DPERSONALITY_SMILING_OILMAN" 
        minister_position = HeadOfGovernment 
        modifier = { type = resource_mod value = oil modifier_effect = 0.1000 } 
        modifier = { type = accept_alliance_mod modifier_effect = -0.1000 } 
        }

Stay tuned for next weeks Diary when I will talk about the new Espionage and Sabotage System!

Very, very, very nice!

This new trade tab is amazing! :D

Wonderful! I have a question though:

For Province Trading of occupied territory with your allies we integrated some cool new ingame options accessible via a mouse right click. The well known Venue will appear but will now give the additional Option to secede a non-national province to an ally of your choice.

devdiary33.jpg

Will only allies who share a border with the selected province be displayed in the venue? How about when it is somebody's core province, will he appear in the venue as well? Will it work with puppets? How about overseas territories? Can the selected ally refuse? Will it rain or shine tomorrow? :p

Sorry for all those questions... But wait! There's more! :D

Can I assign a minister type to multiple positions in the government or will I have to create other, similarily named types for every position? (Not really a problem, just curious. :))

Wonderful! I have a question though:

Will only allies who share a border with the selected province be displayed in the venue? How about when it is somebody's core province, will he appear in the venue as well? Will it work with puppets? How about overseas territories? Can the selected ally refuse? Will it rain or shine tomorrow? :p

Sorry for all those questions... But wait! There's more! :D

Can I assign a minister type to multiple positions in the government or will I have to create other, similarily named types for every position? (Not really a problem, just curious. :))

The AI will always decline if no land connection is possible - so we adjusted the popup to this limitation...
That also means that a province with connection to the sea can be send to all allies / puppets that have an connection to the same sea. ( in excess to direct land contact)

Minister personalities are locked for each position.
Having +20% naval combat for a land combat minister doesnt really make much sense...

For Province Trading of occupied territory with your allies we integrated some cool
new ingame options accessible via a mouse right click. The well known Venue will appear but will
now give the additional Option to secede a non-national
province to an ally of your choice.

You have no idea how happy this makes me!!!

How many so-cool-news diaries are we going to have before actually playing ? :cool::)

The AI will always decline if no land connection is possible - so we adjusted the popup to this limitation...
That also means that a province with connection to the sea can be send to all allies / puppets that have an connection to the same sea. ( in excess to direct land contact)

Minister personalities are locked for each position.
Having +20% naval combat for a land combat minister doesnt really make much sense...

Awesome, thanks. :)

Excellent work !

Some very interesting options to explore.

I have but one, little question

All Trades now also require convoys should a direct land connection
does not exist.

What about landlocked countries ?

Let's say Hungay is buying something from Bolivia (both landlocked) is it possible at all ?

Second option - Hungary is buying something from Cuba. Does Cuba use their convoys or will Hungary have to built some convoys just to continue trading ?

I guess the easiest solution would be to gice all countries some merchant ships, but maybe there is something else?

Stay tuned for next weeks Diary when I will talk about the new Espionage and Sabotage System!

Oh, can't wait for that. :D

I wonder if cooperation with some other countries in that area will be possible in some way.
Probably too much to hope for, but some countries had such, often secret agreements e.g. Poland with Japan or Finland with Estonia.

Awesome, just awesome

....All Trades now also require convoys should a direct land connectiondoes not exist.....

Does this mean that we can actually intercept and destroy those shipments with submarines or surface ship blockades? That would be fantastic!

PS: although then something should probably be done to trading resources through the negotiation screen as that would be an easy work around.