• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
How i see this law
1 - all is slave od Kyros
2 - magic is free if work for Kyros and banned if is used to another goals
3 - vows on Kyros like a writer contract
4 - censorship on Oldwalls

Fatebinders like a Templars in DarkSun universe.

The game's lore really looks interesting. I appreciate the work to make an Evil Empire feel lived and breathed in.

I wonder what will be the extent of our political influence, and if we can eventually gain a promotion to Archon.

Im interested in the "Tunon kills those who overstep the law" bit, making me wonder if you can get a game over by pissing off the wrong person while acting selfishly. It'd be cool to gain Tunon''s favor to get away with things, but the idea that, if you act completely unjustified, you die by Tunon's had is something I like. You're evil, but not completely chaotic evil.

Im interested in the "Tunon kills those who overstep the law" bit, making me wonder if you can get a game over by pissing off the wrong person while acting selfishly. It'd be cool to gain Tunon''s favor to get away with things, but the idea that, if you act completely unjustified, you die by Tunon's had is something I like. You're evil, but not completely chaotic evil.
Lawful and justice are two different things. So if law gives him such powers and he uses them, not ultra vires etc. so cannot be chaotic evil.

Main theme is "Dura lex, sed lex", "Lex uber alles" etc. Tunon and all Fatebinders are guards of law.

IMO in game Tunon breaks the law because "dark secrets from the past". And this make problem (doctrinal, practical, legal, loyalty etc)

Last edited:
Lawful and justice are two different things. So if law gives him such powers and he uses them, not ultra vires etc. so cannot be chaotic evil.

Main theme is "Dura lex, sed lex", "Lex uber alles" etc. Tunon and all Fatebinders are guards of law.

IMO in game Tunon breaks the law because "dark secrets from the past". And this make problem (doctrinal, practical, legal, loyalty etc)

Sorry I don't know latin, what are your quotes? I'm hoping like they promised that after Hoi 4 releases, they will start to properly help market this game. More dev dairies new screenshots etc because they did say the game is coming out this year and unless its a Christmas release, they don't have much time to build up a following. PoE was good, though I didn't get the expansions so I'm confident that Obsidian will do a good job with this one.

How i see this law
1 - all is slave od Kyros
2 - magic is free if work for Kyros and banned if is used to another goals
3 - vows on Kyros like a writer contract
4 - censorship on Oldwalls

Fatebinders like a Templars in DarkSun universe.

Oh my, I just remembered good old Dark Sun: Shattered Lands on MS dos. Played it while I was a kid and could hardly understand the world or what was happening, hehe. Played it again when windows 98 came out just for nostalgia and because I was old enough to understand what was happening in the game. I wonder how they will depict Kyros in Tyranny, in Darksun Templars drew their power from their priest king/dragon and once he died, they lost all their power, physical and magical iirc.

Sorry I don't know latin, what are your quotes?
"The law is harsh but it is the law".

Oh my, I just remembered good old Dark Sun: Shattered Lands on MS dos. Played it while I was a kid and could hardly understand the world or what was happening, hehe. Played it again when windows 98 came out just for nostalgia and because I was old enough to understand what was happening in the game. I wonder how they will depict Kyros in Tyranny, in Darksun Templars drew their power from their priest king/dragon and once he died, they lost all their power, physical and magical iirc.
I know the universe from the books and "pen and papers RPG". In DS Rajaat (discoverer of magic) wanted to heal the world, go back in time to the Blue Age using mass genocide (original inhabitants the world were Halflings; because of ecological disaster and inept attempt to repair ecosystem, halfings mutated in other races <elfes, humans, orcs etc>; the world has lost aqueous nature; halfings themselves become primitive and fled into the deepest wilderness). He manipulated humanity. With his disciples ("Champions of Rajaat") set out to "Cleansing Wars." Some of genocide have been made entirely (eg total extermination ogres, gnomes). After end of the extermination was to be wiped out, and humanity and the world returned to halflings. Disciples discovered plans of the master. They beat him and imprisoned in the Hollow. Next they took power in major cities-states as the Sorcerer-Kings. Besides Athas it is a world isolated from the rest of multiversum. So this is world without the normal magic, no gods, strange afterlife etc.

In Tyranny we have standard war good-evil, win leader of "evil-side" and becomes the emperor, a god or demigod (Ascension?). It seems to me that the structure of the world is less complicated than the DS.

I do not know. We'll see ...

"The law is harsh but it is the law".

I know the universe from the books and "pen and papers RPG". In DS Rajaat (discoverer of magic) wanted to heal the world, go back in time to the Blue Age using mass genocide (original inhabitants the world were Halflings; because of ecological disaster and inept attempt to repair ecosystem, halfings mutated in other races <elfes, humans, orcs etc>; the world has lost aqueous nature; halfings themselves become primitive and fled into the deepest wilderness). He manipulated humanity. With his disciples ("Champions of Rajaat") set out to "Cleansing Wars." Some of genocide have been made entirely (eg total extermination ogres, gnomes). After end of the extermination was to be wiped out, and humanity and the world returned to halflings. Disciples discovered plans of the master. They beat him and imprisoned in the Hollow. Next they took power in major cities-states as the Sorcerer-Kings. Besides Athas it is a world isolated from the rest of multiversum. So this is world without the normal magic, no gods, strange afterlife etc.

In Tyranny we have standard war good-evil, win leader of "evil-side" and becomes the emperor, a god or demigod (Ascension?). It seems to me that the structure of the world is less complicated than the DS.

I do not know. We'll see ...

I see, I did pick up the books later on and it was my first introduction to Psionics, just can't remember the lore after all those years. The other game worlds/realms only had the usual wizards in 2nd Ed D&D so it was interesting reading about them. It will be interesting though as playing Tyranny as Lawful Neutral is the safest while Lawful good might get you in trouble for being soft and Lawful evil might also do you in for 'wastage' (aka less fodder for the Overlord :D )