• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Great to hear it.
Will Vatican 1 be in the game? If the religious revival is in, surely the most important religious event in a couple hundred years ought to be in it too, And who would get it? the country holding Rome. Anyway, quibble aside, GREAT DD and good and topical and great to hear and the picture is cool, Will the ones from Victoria be in, or all new pictures. no worries. Anyway, BRILLIANT

And Dynamic events are a good thing, but in some places undynamic ones should be too
The Dreyfus Affair being something specific and not just an event that happens generically between two countries that are GP and have a long standing aminity and one with a signifigant minority population, while by means have that as well, include along with them one which is the Dreyfus Affair, which historical description effecting French jews in france around the time if France is a great power and germany has formed.

I hope so.

I mean, I hope in the situation with Ireland that there will always be a tendency from the Irish pops to expect greater rights from an alien British government, and that there will be a tendency to become more militant and even rise up - through events.

I hope that many other historical movements will be included, but just with greater dynamics.

Of course I hope the goal is to allow a country like Belgium for example to acquire dynamic events just because they decide to annex the Netherlands and have the Dutch pops rebel against this new rule.

If that is the case, then Victoria 2 will be an excellent game!

This is precisely why we have dynamic events. Angry Irish are a bit like angry Poles, angry Serbs and Croats in the Dual Monarchy etc. etc.. The rational for one is the same as for all.

Oh the joy... It is understood that with all the time needed for other things you won't have enough resources to include all various movements from across the world including the "more potential than real ones" types. But since OHGamer somewhat promissed the second VIP, my mouth sort of starts to salivate, when I think of all the possibilities with dynamic events :)

Sounds really great. Games that cover only a short period in history must have some "specific" events, although I am no determinist.

Sorry if this has been asked before but what if you cannot avoid the American Civil War (or do not want to do so).
Will you then have the opportunity to switch from the Union to the South and continue to play with them?

Sounds really great. Games that cover only a short period in history must have some "specific" events, although I am no determinist.

Sorry if this has been asked before but what if you cannot avoid the American Civil War (or do not want to do so).
Will you then have the opportunity to switch from the Union to the South and continue to play with them?

If we are 100% certain it will work you will get to pick your side.

This is precisely why we have dynamic events. Angry Irish are a bit like angry Poles, angry Serbs and Croats in the Dual Monarchy etc. etc.. The rational for one is the same as for all.

Is it possible to give some degree of autonomy to regions without losing direct control of those lands? I'd say Austria-Hungary gave pretty big freedoms to it's regions as did Russia to Finland and then we have places like Poland which were less free. It's not a big surprise that regions that were given more autonomy tended to be more calm.

Didn't know about flavor historical events making it in. I'm surprised in a very good way. :)

I assume this means that modders would be able to use the same mechanism for larger, more important historical events? Although with the less deterministic system now in the game I could imagine that causing some problems with playing.

Didn't know about flavor historical events making it in. I'm surprised in a very good way. :)

I assume this means that modders would be able to use the same mechanism for larger, more important historical events? Although with the less deterministic system now in the game I could imagine that causing some problems with playing.

Yes the same triggers we use for the small events are available to those who want to add larger events. We have not done so because this is our design philosophy. However, another part of our design philosophy is modablity. So yes mods will be possible along these lines, because there is a subset of our fanbase who likes that things. It won't be our way or the highway.

Yes the same triggers we use for the small events are available to those who want to add larger events. We have not done so because this is our design philosophy. However, another part of our design philosophy is modablity. So yes mods will be possible along these lines, because there is a subset of our fanbase who likes that things. It won't be our way or the highway.

:eek: I am... speechless. Fantastic! :D :D

has the spanish succesion-franco-prussian war-german empire events been also modified into a chain of "random-driven" events?

If we are 100% certain it will work you will get to pick your side.
This sounds very exciting! Might that also apply to the T'ai-p'ing rebellion?

has the spanish succesion-franco-prussian war-german empire events been also modified into a chain of "random-driven" events?

random?

No, they've been changed to context driven events instead of random roll in a timeframe like v1.

:eek: I am... speechless. Fantastic! :D :D
Wouldn't get too excited. Magna Mundi is what happens when you try to make a dynamic system more strait-jacketed, and it's nigh on unplayable. From the sounds of it VIP is going down a more dynamic route anyway, such is my reading of OHGamer's comments.
Of course there could be mods other than VIP but that would be heresy.

random?

No, they've been changed to context driven events instead of random roll in a timeframe like v1.

ah ok. i misunsderstood the dd with waht you say about different games everytime you play. Everything is cause-effect or trigger-event then.

Some comments about the formation of Italy and Germany would be nice, man.

Big thumbs up for "Return of the Pics" to the event frame, as well as for the historical flavor events.

And yes, I would love to see as many of those as possible - even if their effects are limited, they give you fantastic feeling of "more then just a game". They are educational as well - the one presented on the screenshot is quite good example.