• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Well.. then try to think how a brazilian feel :p. In vic 1 we got only 2 events, the end of slavery (at least this :p) and a revolution.

Well, i understand the focus should be in Europe and in the america civil war because Europe was the center of the world and the american civil war was big enough that could have changed the North America forever.

I just think that south america need to be a bit more chaotic. Most of the countrys there faced instability and wars in that century, but in vic1 is just like a paradise with chance of nothing happening there for the whole game (unless the player do something).

The triple alliance war would be a perfect example of how chaotic the region could become. (A war beetween paraguay vs brazil, argentina and uruguay. Argentina and uruguay could have allied themselves with paraguay without much problems at the time and nearly did. This could have changed the history of the continent forever).

The Bolivia/Peru vs Chile too was a important war of the continent relating to the mines in the desert area.

Of course im nothing asking to place two wars on events. Just asking to make the population of those countrys wish for resources or region that the other have. Eventually this could lead or not to a war.

(Just a different option of the "lets invade cuba" option that the designer said).

Im saying this because the other continents have events and actions from other countrys that make them feel alive, south america is a little "ecomomic test ground" the way it is in vic1. (because you dont have military to conquer much anyway, so you are trapped making the best from the economy you can).

I assume you never tried Brazil in VIP. There's a whole different game there, let me assure you. I'm not any kind of historical expert on Brazil, but there is definitely more than 2 events for Brazil in VIP.

Even in vanilla Vicky there are more than 2 events for Brazil. There are 3 major events and 3 flavor ones. More than what many other countries got: Argentina, for example, got 5 events in total (3 major and 2 flavor). I don't feel Brazil is relatively neglected at all.

Of course, as RELee said, VIP vigorously expanded the amount of events for Brazil.

... VIP vigorously expanded the amount of events for Brazil.

Like that ... "vigorously expanded" ... nice turn of phrase.

Wish I had said that.;)

Well, probably a little too late, but I'd like an option to see the text description for unique events happening to various countries. In-game, without need to go through CSV files :-/
Thanks