• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hi everyone!

I know you probably want more info about the upcoming expansion, but we’ll have to keep a lid on it for the time being. Instead I’m going to give you some information about how we work. Our current team consist of me, Doomdark, 4 programmers (and one of those started last Thursday), 3 scripters, 1 designer, 2 artists and 4 QA. On top of this the talented people from Paradox South are working on a content pack and there is also sound and music in production.

The core team is using a subset of the SCRUM methodology and a lot of focus is put on working more closely with QA than before in order to keep quality as high as possible. Our sprints are 3 weeks, and the final week has a focus on fixing bugs (old and new). Nearing the Gold Master (this is the version of the game we will release), we stop developing new features and focus fully on bug fixing and balancing. Since the Gold Master milestone date and the actual release date usually are a couple of weeks apart, we keep working on bugs and minor improvements for the first patch until the release (and beyond). In some cases (like with Horse Lords) the first patch is released the same day as the expansion, but sometimes it’s better to wait for the initial feedback before releasing a patch. As someone in QA noted for Horse Lords: one day after the release the players have tested the game several more hours than the QA team has done during the development of the expansion.

A tidbit of extra info about the expansion: the changes that go into the patch will fundamentally change how a portion of the game is played.

upload_2015-10-6_14-2-5.png

Where's the rebalancing of idiotic retinue numbers? (Andalusians get 400 light cavalry with a 20/40/20 stat boost! Iberians get 400 light cavalry with a 20/0/20 stat boost! WHY?)

Reactions:
PLEAASEEEEEE FIX FRANCE !!!! NO MORE AQUITAINE IN 1066 AND BEYOND !! AND NO MORE DE JUR FLANDERS

I don't agree with the methods but I completely agree with this post. I'm completely fine with counterfactual history in Paradox titles, indeed it's what they're all about. But Aquitaine ends up independent in every, single, 1066 game.

Reactions:
I don't agree with the methods but I completely agree with this post. I'm completely fine with counterfactual history in Paradox titles, indeed it's what they're all about. But Aquitaine ends up independent in every, single, 1066 game.

And HRE gobbles France up, one county at a time...

Reactions: