• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hi everyone!

I know you probably want more info about the upcoming expansion, but we’ll have to keep a lid on it for the time being. Instead I’m going to give you some information about how we work. Our current team consist of me, Doomdark, 4 programmers (and one of those started last Thursday), 3 scripters, 1 designer, 2 artists and 4 QA. On top of this the talented people from Paradox South are working on a content pack and there is also sound and music in production.

The core team is using a subset of the SCRUM methodology and a lot of focus is put on working more closely with QA than before in order to keep quality as high as possible. Our sprints are 3 weeks, and the final week has a focus on fixing bugs (old and new). Nearing the Gold Master (this is the version of the game we will release), we stop developing new features and focus fully on bug fixing and balancing. Since the Gold Master milestone date and the actual release date usually are a couple of weeks apart, we keep working on bugs and minor improvements for the first patch until the release (and beyond). In some cases (like with Horse Lords) the first patch is released the same day as the expansion, but sometimes it’s better to wait for the initial feedback before releasing a patch. As someone in QA noted for Horse Lords: one day after the release the players have tested the game several more hours than the QA team has done during the development of the expansion.

A tidbit of extra info about the expansion: the changes that go into the patch will fundamentally change how a portion of the game is played.

upload_2015-10-6_14-2-5.png

Hmmm, so what is new in that screenshot. I see a new icon above the player's portrait and.... ooooh, I see Pacts! :D

I also see that Wikipedia icon has a new design. I wonder if that is the only new thing here or if there is some kind of in-game browser now...

Reactions:
Pacts huh? Got me curious.

About the QA process, I know it can be dificulty to fix/detect the most complex stuff...but how sometimes you guys dont see evident flaws? For example, the mono type nomad army being completly OP? I just cant play as Nomad because the steamroll factor starts really quickly and the game becomes boring. This has been said months ago and still is not fixed.

But anyway, you guys still are my favourite gaming company. Thank you for all these good games over the years.

Reactions:
Hmmm, so what is new in that screenshot. I see a new icon above the player's portrait and.... ooooh, I see Pacts! :D

I also see that Wikipedia icon has a new design. I wonder if that is the only new thing here or if there is some kind of in-game browser now...

The Wikipedia icon and the button above the portrait have been in the game since the previous patch.

Reactions:
The only change in that screenshot is I see "Pacts" instead of "Allies."

Any idea as to when you guys will be able to show off what's being worked on in the new expansion? Not that I'm impatient or anything.

Reactions:
The Wikipedia icon and the button above the portrait have been in the game since the previous patch.

Oh XD That's what happens when you delay checking HL until you are done with your EU4 campaign.

Reactions:
Hmm pacts, uh? Alliances of some kind?
Good idea.
I have read several times how medieval rulers would make pledges to protect each others realms against say vikings or something like that. And then ofcourse ignoring their neighbours cries for help when Ragnar Inc. came knocking. Because really, who doesn't like to see their little friends fall and get pillaged.

Reactions:
The opinion score is gone!

Reactions:
You know he is looking at the character he is playing at and when you do that there is never an opinion score.
Derp. I feel silly now. Overlooked the star somehow.

Reactions:
Interesting.

Can we finally make alliances without marriages? Oh myyyyy...

Reactions:
More diplomatic options?
And presumably better warfare?

What can I say beside:
YES PLEASE!

Reactions: