• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Showing developer posts only. Show all posts in this thread.

Tuscany

Captain
Paradox Staff
3 Badges
Feb 20, 2017
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
keyart-w-logo.jpg

Hello!

Today we have some exciting news, which is that we will be releasing the latest update for Crusader Kings 2 ‘Great Works’ on April the 2nd, which will be completely free. If you haven’t been following the dev diaries so far, this update will focus on various magnificent buildings you can construct, as well as existing historical ones.

I can also now confirm that we will be having 3D models of the wonders on the map. Several of these will be unique models while others will use a generic model for those constructions that don’t quite fit into a clear category. Either way, you will have a way to locate your magnificent wonder at a glance.

8hbc_eLwr1iVHjN7Ac_X652v2f7YvzvQXJwi50zs8K5Uzx7wb412Vm447feftKZgPVhd-n5O18e2V4Yvc-9KAnAif9690bp0nuvOXSFdUCrktvKglPqaMivOV8r4lowkewzON--q

Pyramid Model

WApxNSrQVDu58EFUU_UeKGF8ZFV83swbB1gr2MxbFsQmxQtRpDvp_SLAWx-jt6M8gdmbzqk23rhjD4Idcv4duhM-iA4b6VFykHffCW6Y20-8eaPzA-hAxtb8JHlR4ML2ecPq6sIf

Ruler Statue Model

Lastly for today, we will show off a few of the wonders you haven’t seen before.

The Mausoleum it is a place to honor the dead rulers, and can even be used to intimidate friends and foes alike.

hCFpe0rEPmPvMbjha9zI_ei3u8EPRxgB0JfsmwJv2HLvhta3Y4UenD4S5BtVrQ4kbqs-qnVXLn7-61xtZLYoIVGWFby6QZdQA0_jY0hfTSY0zdOne71WP65Sf0Spqpzaz0BCI-b9

The Mausoleum

ck2_11.jpg

A Mausoleum Event

9YOH4azOl8tCYr7i_qm4Ox71lEC6EdfCIaFD1wUDJpGS-1Zdt4J0595_c5KJB7j5YYLye8TaSguSOIKLi5KZCyEVosSBEyXxES9W9tk-sd9gFU6tHBZVzduOqq7zd3cX8YvBAAh3

Grand Lighthouse

_pkxsrj9MhOknu1L1P_F_kKOyVJafTjoU9KpY77dsyOT3BjNjMC2v88JOIfpESQ5nZz4lRv2MViOysyKUGl2kfiHV-y8tzFMolWtT6uUBGo-lGmUCQ_utGFjnhR4gtttQbUOmJwF

Statue

Thanks for reading, if you have any questions feel free to ask them below. We will also hopefully start streaming next week so stay tuned for that.

Last edited:
Will that one event where your steward builds a huge statue of you/himself/a phallus (iirc) be updated to match this?

Also, since more than a few people liked my suggestion last week, but never got a dev reply (probably because I posted it on Saturday), I'll ask it again:
Will executing someone via spikes give you a chance at the Impaler lifestyle trait?
The event has not been updated, compared to the actual wonders that event is quite cheap and so it wouldn't fit to have it give you a wonder.

Also executing someone with spikes is passive when executing people not active and so cannot give you impaler.

Is wonder description final?
"A simple tomb is not enough for some rulers" and "A ruler is immortalized in this great statue" seem rather simplistic and short.
Kinda hoped it would read about the character/dynasty that made it.
The text will change dynamically based on parameters like the state of the wonder and for how long it has been standing :)

Question on cathedrals, are there any upgrades that benefit beyond the holder/realm? Like say, a bonus to base moral authority for as long as the faith holds it?

Unrelated note, not sure if it was touched on in a previous DD, while these *are* occupying a slot similar to forts/posts/hospitals, does that mean there is *no* courtier/holder associated with them besides the holder of the county?

I know certain wonders unlock honorary minor titles to distribute, just seems something like a fortress or cathedral would also come with somethibg/someone more physically attached to the location

Wonders are owned by the top liege of the realm, regardless of who holds the individual province.

Looks good.

Is the Lighthouse of Alexandria there from the start though? I'd rather rebuild the Library given the choice since you've said there is only one wonder per county.
The lighthouse is there from the start to reflect that it historically lasted into the 14th century.

All of the locations of the seven wonders of the world are on the map though.
2 are in modern day Greece, 2 in Turkey, 2 in Egypt and one in Iraq (although the existence and the location of the hanging gardens was never confirmed or discovered)
Or am I missing something?
Woops guess I really need the weekend :D

Will these go into a special holding slot like hospitals, or will they get their own special UI?
Why not both? :D

We have shown off the UI a bit before.
I think it's in #113 :)

As long as building a pyramid remains locked behind the game rule for "Absurd events" it's all good.
Wonders will have its own game rule and while you can't limit which wonders are allowed and not (they should be fairly easy to mod away though) you should be able to have only the historical wonders and disallow creating new wonders. I say "should" because the historical version of the game rule still needs some testing.