• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Dev Diary #115 - Great Work

keyart-w-logo.jpg

Hello!

Today we have some exciting news, which is that we will be releasing the latest update for Crusader Kings 2 ‘Great Works’ on April the 2nd, which will be completely free. If you haven’t been following the dev diaries so far, this update will focus on various magnificent buildings you can construct, as well as existing historical ones.

I can also now confirm that we will be having 3D models of the wonders on the map. Several of these will be unique models while others will use a generic model for those constructions that don’t quite fit into a clear category. Either way, you will have a way to locate your magnificent wonder at a glance.

8hbc_eLwr1iVHjN7Ac_X652v2f7YvzvQXJwi50zs8K5Uzx7wb412Vm447feftKZgPVhd-n5O18e2V4Yvc-9KAnAif9690bp0nuvOXSFdUCrktvKglPqaMivOV8r4lowkewzON--q

Pyramid Model

WApxNSrQVDu58EFUU_UeKGF8ZFV83swbB1gr2MxbFsQmxQtRpDvp_SLAWx-jt6M8gdmbzqk23rhjD4Idcv4duhM-iA4b6VFykHffCW6Y20-8eaPzA-hAxtb8JHlR4ML2ecPq6sIf

Ruler Statue Model

Lastly for today, we will show off a few of the wonders you haven’t seen before.

The Mausoleum it is a place to honor the dead rulers, and can even be used to intimidate friends and foes alike.

hCFpe0rEPmPvMbjha9zI_ei3u8EPRxgB0JfsmwJv2HLvhta3Y4UenD4S5BtVrQ4kbqs-qnVXLn7-61xtZLYoIVGWFby6QZdQA0_jY0hfTSY0zdOne71WP65Sf0Spqpzaz0BCI-b9

The Mausoleum

ck2_11.jpg

A Mausoleum Event

9YOH4azOl8tCYr7i_qm4Ox71lEC6EdfCIaFD1wUDJpGS-1Zdt4J0595_c5KJB7j5YYLye8TaSguSOIKLi5KZCyEVosSBEyXxES9W9tk-sd9gFU6tHBZVzduOqq7zd3cX8YvBAAh3

Grand Lighthouse

_pkxsrj9MhOknu1L1P_F_kKOyVJafTjoU9KpY77dsyOT3BjNjMC2v88JOIfpESQ5nZz4lRv2MViOysyKUGl2kfiHV-y8tzFMolWtT6uUBGo-lGmUCQ_utGFjnhR4gtttQbUOmJwF

Statue

Thanks for reading, if you have any questions feel free to ask them below. We will also hopefully start streaming next week so stay tuned for that.

Last edited:
I have a offtopic question.
You teased last year the red Panda. Will the read Panda also a part of the free update?

Besides that Great Works looks really great. I'm looking forward to it, to use it in my games :)

Will this be the only 3D model of a ruler statue, or will there be more culture/gender variations?

Having 3d models is great news. I'm really excited about this update as one of my favourite things to do in civ games was to build as many wonders as possible.

Do you have any info on the modability of the 3d models for the wonders? Will we be able to add unique models for mod wonders?

View attachment 459723

WApxNSrQVDu58EFUU_UeKGF8ZFV83swbB1gr2MxbFsQmxQtRpDvp_SLAWx-jt6M8gdmbzqk23rhjD4Idcv4duhM-iA4b6VFykHffCW6Y20-8eaPzA-hAxtb8JHlR4ML2ecPq6sIf

Ruler Statue Model

_pkxsrj9MhOknu1L1P_F_kKOyVJafTjoU9KpY77dsyOT3BjNjMC2v88JOIfpESQ5nZz4lRv2MViOysyKUGl2kfiHV-y8tzFMolWtT6uUBGo-lGmUCQ_utGFjnhR4gtttQbUOmJwF

Statue

Will that one event where your steward builds a huge statue of you/himself/a phallus (iirc) be updated to match this?

Also, since more than a few people liked my suggestion last week, but never got a dev reply (probably because I posted it on Saturday), I'll ask it again:
Will executing someone via spikes give you a chance at the Impaler lifestyle trait?

Will that one event where your steward builds a huge statue of you/himself/a phallus (iirc) be updated to match this?

Also, since more than a few people liked my suggestion last week, but never got a dev reply (probably because I posted it on Saturday), I'll ask it again:
Will executing someone via spikes give you a chance at the Impaler lifestyle trait?
The event has not been updated, compared to the actual wonders that event is quite cheap and so it wouldn't fit to have it give you a wonder.

Also executing someone with spikes is passive when executing people not active and so cannot give you impaler.