• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hi!
We’ve been a bit silent for the last couple of weeks, but that doesn’t mean we haven’t been working on improving CK2. It hasn’t been properly announced yet meaning I can’t disclose any details, but we are working on a new expansion and you’ll get all the details in future dev diaries (we’ve planned one per week until Christmas).

Life, and CK2 aren’t all fun and joy, sometimes tragedy strikes and thus we’ll start off on a sad note. Magnus, who’ve been working on many of the CK2 expansions has left the team. However, before he left he wrote the following farewell to the forum:

0h1F2MZZ94Ox9d_3UOkfEr7VJCkwzYebuJX8TJklblkFkKDNMmy-pZ-rdkyEPXHziyPeR3uuGhM3UjTeXTSDcfz8yb06SzIQxzu57p5hHXB1IQryz9HZ0xs4O-e_NNipJds=s1600

Greetings!

My name is Magnus. And when you are reading this, I am no longer here..

It is sadly the time for me to leave Paradox, as I am moving to another city. I have been working here for over a year now, and it has been an incredible journey.

I came to Paradox and the CK2 team shortly after the release of Rajas of India, and I have been working on Charlemagne, Way of Life, Horse Lords and things to come in the future. It has been great to work on one of my favorite games; to see it grow with the help of colleagues, and most of all the community. Some of the things I have worked on during this time is Viceroyalties, the Chronicle, the Learning Scenario, targeted decisions and scriptable Governments.

It is not Tuesday yet when I am writing this, and as I mentioned at the beginning of this thread I am no longer here when this is posted. I am not gone from the forums however, and I will still keep a look at what's going on. This thread most of all.

I am still bound by an NDA so I can not tell you exactly what we are doing right now, but I guarantee that it is something REALLY exciting that I am really looking forward to play. I know that a lot of you have been wanting this as well (this is where 10 new "Are they doing China?" threads will quote me). Progress is looking great and I am sure that the team will do a great job finishing it up. The number of people working on CK2 now is larger than it has ever been during the time that I have worked here, so there is no need to worry about what can be achieved.

If you are looking for me, I have moved to the court of Prince Erik in Uppsala (at least when you get the next patch), with the dynasty name Sålder. Do join me and fight to secure Scandinavia from the heathen Catholics. And if you allow me to rule my ancestral homeland of Järnbäraland I will be your most loyal vassal.

Thank you for this time everyone! And best wishes to you fans and the team.

Cheers!

Wish you luck with your new job.

Reactions:
Good luck in all your future endeavors, Magnus!

Good by Magnus, I wish you the best of luck for times to come. ;)

Hope you'll have fun wherever you go and good luck!

Sidenote: Guess this confirms the cancelation of the three DLC this year plan(for the lack of a better way of putting it) that they were talking about for this year way back if I didn't misread the post galactically.

Reactions:
I have not played nor bought any Crusader Kings expansion (or the base game...) but it has always been obvious, from the other titles developed or published by Paradox, that the team puts a staggering amount of passion and RESPECT in their work. It is sad when someone leaves as this means there will be a bit less soul in future releases. Best of luck Magnus and may the god-king Moctezuma be with you.

Best of wishes to you Magnus.

P.S. Don't scare me like that Paradox, from the title I thought someone had died.

Last edited:
Reactions:
Shouldn't this be stickied until the next DD?