Dev Diaries You Still Want To See

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Heshin

Second Lieutenant
22 Badges
Aug 24, 2019
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Island Bound
  • Prison Architect: Psych Ward
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall - Revelations
  • BATTLETECH: Heavy Metal
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • BATTLETECH: Season pass
  • Prison Architect
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • BATTLETECH - Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Age of Wonders II
  • Age of Wonders
  • Age of Wonders: Shadow Magic
  • Age of Wonders III
  • BATTLETECH
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV
So we’ve had nine dev diaries so far, and there are about six weeks until the game officially releases, what are some dev diaries you are still looking forward to?

I am anxious to learn more about diplomacy and the map editor!

• 4Like
Reactions:
Transformations, the devs have given us some tidbits of info here and there but I'd like to see it all in one explanation. Also, the comment Jordi made about angelize + wightborn being something '(he) has to take a look at" bothers me a bit.

• 8Like
Reactions:
Transformations, the devs have given us some tidbits of info here and there but I'd like to see it all in one explanation. Also, the comment Jordi made about angelize + wightborn being something '(he) has to take a look at" bothers me a bit.
Looking at the video, I think there were graphical glitches from two transformations at once. (Sounds like wightborn is another race transformation.)

• 1Like
Reactions:
My guess is that Wightborn and the Angel Transformation are both "major transformations" instead of minor ones, which any given entity is only supposed to have 1 of.

As for me, I'd also like to see an overview of Leaders/Heroes and their development.

• 4Like
Reactions:
I would like to hear about some hidden giant suprise feature they didn't talk about yet.

Also combat, what changes did they make compared to planetfall and AoW3. And why?

• 4Like
Reactions:
I am also really curious about more detailed info on heroes and their development options, and about itemization. There is so much potential in this area (e.g. set items, crafting, loot aspects in general) and I kind of hope to learn some yet unrevealed features/evolution in this regard.

I'd also like to learn more about unit ranks and the evolve mechanic.

Finally, a dev diary on modding would be very welcome!

• 2Like
Reactions:
Siege
Hero xp
Other affinities
Victory conditions

And as for transformation adding up:
0D641B90-D41A-4CA6-ACC4-9BB720015580.jpeg

• 4Like
Reactions:
Heroes, modding, navy (I feel like they intentionally dodged the coast in the last lifestream), siege, maybe multiplayer?

That's just spinning topics off the top of my head.

• 3Like
Reactions:
I am looking out for sieges and Rally of Lieges. Furthermore I hope they show off some of the map editor/modding tools.

• 3Like
Reactions:
Personally, I'm probably the most curious about forts - it was eluded to, but not fully explained, how they're able to 'upgrade' and annex nearby provinces. I noticed the AI player built one near the player capital right at the end of the latest stream(ai doing that is a pet peeve of mine in turn based strategy games), but it was still mostly obstructed by the fog.

Second on the list is Sieges. I suspect I get the gist of it(spending turns to chunk through a 'health bar' before finally getting to do battle), and think putting it together with the above would probably make for a good dev diary - "Sieges & Forts".

Otherwise, I think I'd like to see a devblog "Diplomacy & Victory Conditions" around the time they let the influencers loose at the end of next month. (Hoping there are multiplayer games scheduled for the influencers to showcase the chaos across different levels of series experience.)

• 3Like
Reactions:
AI.

I would like to see one of the AI developers present the improvements they've managed to make in AoW4 over previous titles and a little under the hood info on the complexity of AI design and development. This might be minor for a lot of people, but I find it to be a very interesting topic and one worth discussing from a development perspective so people don't imagine it is a simple task to deliver AI.

Just a dev diary in text would be great, with a few diagrams to help explain the different systems of AI that have to be developed - combat AI - diplomacy AI - strategic AI - AI personalities and such.

Of course, I'd like to see most of what everyone else has discussed too :)

• 2Like
Reactions: