• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
All three, but with an emphasis on Gameplay. And a liberal dose of Screenshots.

Enewald said:
Btw, why does Gaza belong to UK? :eek:

And I have a question, what is the language of your nation? :)
Latin? :p

Yup, Latin would be the official language of the Kingdom of Jerusaelm, with French and English as secondary languages. Gaza actually belongs to Egypt, but Egypt for some reason allows military access to the UK.. which is why you see British flag in Egypt still... :rolleyes:

Looking good.

Pretty damn awesome. What's your IC like?

"There must be war. God wills it!"

Lookin' real good.

shouldn't Jerusalem have more claims in Jordan?

also, what's the population like?

I hate you! :mad:

:D

I was thinking about starting an AAR with Jerusalem, but I had no time to finish the mod...

Viden said:
I hate you! :mad:

:D

I was thinking about starting an AAR with Jerusalem, but I had no time to finish the mod...
I'm mad at myself for not thinking of this idea before too... :D

Wow... very impressive! I will definitely keep up with this. :)

Is there a living claimant to the Principality of Antioch or is that line extinct?

Update coming this week! Watch for it! Also, I'm going to be designating certain days of the week for updates, in the hopes that a schedule will keep me going with this.

So, henceforth, Tuesdays and Thursdays will be update days for this AAR. I may start a second AAR as a once-a-week update thing just to get some comedy out there as well. That'll be decided once I see how the schedule this term affects my ability to update Deus Vult.

I have a suggestion: maybe you should award yourself extra IC and manpower to represent inevitable immigration and pilgrimage during the history of Jerusalem? Maybe also some cores on Syria, Sinai and Jordan to make the map better-looking.

Samilou said:
I have a suggestion: maybe you should award yourself extra IC and manpower to represent inevitable immigration and pilgrimage during the history of Jerusalem? Maybe also some cores on Syria, Sinai and Jordan to make the map better-looking.
There were 300,000 Frenchmen who came during the crusades, so I'd imagine it WOULD be quite a bit more, and these were all soldiers, so a manpower boost is warranted.

Merlowe said:
Browsing through wiki, i got the House of Savoy as the potential claimant to that throne.
But with Jerusalem surviving I think the succession probably would have gone in a different way.

With the winter season ending, heading inevitably as always toward spring, most things remained as they had been at the start of the year. In the near east, the Kingdom of Jerusalem remained in its precarious position between potentially hostile Islamic states. On the surface, there remained a peaceful calm as neither side made overt moves that might trigger war before they were ready.

Yet behind the scenes, things were just starting to get interesting. In February, the Kingdom is known to have sent its first Templar agent into a foreign country since the Great War. This agent was sent to infiltrate Egypt, which the Kingdom saw as the biggest potential threat other than Turkey. Soon enough, information on the Egyptian regime's status began to trickle in.

Meanwhile, the Kingdom made its first move towards making friends in the new Europe. Surrounded as they were by Muslim states, the Kingdom reached out to the closest brother Christians: those of Greece. The Kingdom had played an important part in helping to create the independent Greek nation in the 1800s, and friendship between the two peoples had always been favorable to Jerusalem. So, on February 14 - the feast of St. Valentine - the Kingdom of Jerusalem officially signed a non-aggression pact with Greece. This was followed a week later by the first of several trade agreements.

KJ1.jpg

An overview of the Kingdom's diplomatic side, circa March 1936.

In March, things seemed normal for the Kingdom on the surface. Behind the scenes, again, things were not as they seemed. King Richard, who had ruled since 1913, began to feel the effects of age and was battling illness. Those close to the King knew that he'd soon begin allowing the Crown Prince, John, to take over certain duties. It was with the Crown Prince that the King's cabinet began drafting a knew set of territorial claims.

Based on 'historical precedent', the Kingdom of Jerusalem was set to claim lands in Jordan and Egypt as their own, as well as the Golan heights in Syria. This was the first step toward a more aggressive, hostile policy towards the very neighbors who were perceived to want nothing more than to push the Kingdom into the sea. In the event of war, Jerusalem would sieze these lands and make every effort to incorporate them into the Kingdom itself.

KJ2.jpg

Outlined in gold, the provinces that crown prince John and members of Richard VI's cabinet tapped to become future parts of the Kingdom.

Other issues were at hand for Jerusalem as well; one being the size of the Kingdom's industry. While Baldwin XIX had vastly expanded it, the Kingdom remained woefully behind their European brothers. However, in terms of the near east, they the largest industrial capacity other than northern rival Turkey.

KJ3.jpg

The Kingdom of Jerusalem's industrial capacity in 1936.

The manpower situation was not as bad as some made it out to be. Jerusalem had a goodly number of young men of military age ready to take up arms in defense of the Kingdom. Most of them remained out of uniform, for the time being...

So concludes this little update, but it's an update!