• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Swuul

Zealot Crybaby Troll
161 Badges
Mar 18, 2003
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • Galactic Assault
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Impire
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • King Arthur II
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • For the Motherland
  • March of the Eagles
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Sengoku
  • Ship Simulator Extremes
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Ancient Space
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Darkest Hour
  • Deus Vult
  • East India Company
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
KoJ Kamikaze is a Crusader Kings game were players take the roles of dukes and kings in the Palestine-Cyprus region during the last days of Kingdom of Jerusalem, attempting to survive as long as possible against the armies of Saladin.

GAME INFO

GM: Jarkko

First session: Saturday 6th of October

Session time: Saturday 20:00 - 24:00 CET (so that players from Europe, America and Australia have a shot to get into the action too).

RULES:

1) Obey the GM. The GM has the right to override any rule at any given time.

2) Unlike usual CK MP's, KoJ Kamikaze is not about long-term playing. Play short term, try to survive as long as you can. Team-work, or double-crossing, and getting steam-rolled by the AI is the name of the game here. KoJ kamikaze is fast paced MP experience, where the idea is to have maximum amount of fun in a doomed situation.

3) Do not exploit the game engine. If you are not sure wether you are trying an exploit, ask the GM. If you need to ask you probably know the answer. A player found to be using an expoit will be booted from the game.

4) If, against all odds, the players survive a session, the surviving players are declared winners, and may add the line "I survived a KoJ Kamikaze!" to their signature. The players may continue the save in another session at another time-slot if they so decide, but next week a fresh KoJ kamikaze starts.

5) The session will be run if there are three or more players present. A maximum of about ten players is the logical limit on how many players can be squeezed to the area. If you prefer to have a certain spot for a given session, do write in this thread, otherwise the GM will hand out the titles during game hosting.

6) The game starts on the time mentioned, so log on at least 5 minutes before the session start. If you are not there, you will not be waited for no matter what. It is not fair several players would have to wait for one slacker.

7) When the game starts, it will be run for one day. Then the GM will pause the game for two minutes, so that players have a chance to set up their court. Then the game continues on medium speed.

8) KoJ kamikaze is about war. If one player crash we rehost immediatly. If one player crashes several times the GM may ask him/her to fix the problem and come back next week.

9) Game starts 30 seconds after last player has downloaded save during a rehost. If you are not present to claim your title, you will be booted so that the other players do not have to wait for one slacker.

10) Do not pause! Hopefully this will not be an issue in Deus Vult, but it might be so the rule is here. If you need the game paused (for example your house is burning and you need to let the firemen in), ask the GM to do so. A player found to be pausing will be booted from the game. KoJ Kamikaze is a fast paced game, where errors made in a hurry is a vital part of the gaming experience! :)

Q&A

What do I need to know to play Crusader Kings Multiplay?
See my signature.
If you need to test your connection, please PM me and we will arrange a test hosting to see that everything is ok :)

What is KoJ Kamikaze?
You take a few players, one of them will be the King of Jerusalem, others will be Dukes in the area. For King we tend to look for somebody sane and balanced (ie that leaves people like me out). Then it is all about trying to survive, the Kings task will be to find new strong allies, and handle out land to the dukes so they have a fighting chance, while trying to keep an army for himself too, and balancing the taxation on the dukes (while a King may drain the Dukes of their income it means the Dukes won't be able to have an army). The Dukes' tasks are to try to get as much land (from the King) and armies so that they can put up a good fight. When all hell then eventually breaks loose players will be forced to harmonise their operations or the AI will have an easy stomping.

What fun is it to play a losing situation?
It *is* fun IMO, a lot different from a "normal" CK MP, altough the domestic matters (techs, marriages, education etc) have to be solved too in some way, in case the players are able to stop the first wave. It is certain the players will lose, so nobody should be feeling sad for getting annexed, because everybody *will* be annexed. However, before the looming doom becomes true, lots of spectacular fights will have been fought, lots of great victories have been gained, and the last stand at your last provinve will be memorable :)

I would like to try this, but I am afraid I will screw it up. How can I avoid making errors?
In a KoJ kamikaze it does not matter if you screw up, because the christians defending the Holy Land will be screwed eventually anyway (it is about surviving as long as possible ). In fact, if you look at the historical facts during the last days of KoJ, you notice it was a cluster phukk up (for the Christians that is :) ). This mean newbies are welcome. This means new and spectacular tactics are welcome. This means the tempo is kept up so that errors would be bound to happen. If you make errors, be proud (just as long as you avoid doing the same error next time ;) ).

Last edited:
This looks like an amazingly great concept!

Too bad I'm an American that works on saturdays!

Duuk said:
This looks like an amazingly great concept!
We ran such games in 2005. Loads of fun and quite a few people took part in the sessions :) It is a fun way to get involved in the MP scene or to try out new tactics in a MP enviroment, as it really doesn't matter if one screws up big time. It is very different feeling from "regular" CK MP's, as there are practically no need for home rules regarding laws and such, so anybody can just basically just to log in and play! Of course the downside is that there is no long-term planning which is one of the charms of CK, but in a "blitz" type setting that is not what is aimed for anyway.

Too bad I'm an American that works on saturdays!
Dang :( Sundays evenings are in general not good days for me to play, but we have to see.

@Duke BryanH.: This is not a competitor for "There will be war" :) This concept is an entirely different beast. TWBW is a long term campaign, KoJ Kamikaze sessions will definitively not be :D

I'd be interested once DV is out (haven't heard a release date yet).

However, would you consider attacking an Irish Minor and moving there only to give away your Middle Eastern possessions an exploit? :D

vertinox said:
However, would you consider attacking an Irish Minor and moving there only to give away your Middle Eastern possessions an exploit? :D
Not necessarily :) If you succeed to inherit an Irish Minor and move there, ending losing up all ME posessions, you have lost by definition (unless you succeed to make a come-back with your huge Irish legions and take the land back ;) ). This is about Kingdom of Jerusalem and holding land there as long as possible :)

Joohoo said:
I can't promise anything but I sure missed this concept! I will see what I can do to join.
Would be great to have you along again :)

Just a notice to all interested in this, if Deus Vult is released this week, the first session will *not* be on 29th September (as I am not home then) but 6th of October.

Deus Vult is out, lets try to arrange first KoJ Kamikaze for Saturday evening! :) Session time: 20-24 CET.

Time to see how stable DV is in MP :) Come one, come all!

Have to postpone to next week. Firs of all I haven't had a chance to acquire the game yet, and secondly I will be out with wife tomorrow evening...

Sorry, I have been absent for last couple weeks. Now I am back, so lets try to get the show started tomorrow :)

Seems there are not enough people this Saturday, lets try again next Saturday :)

Lets try again tonight :) Please sign here if you have special preferences for your title.