Deus Vult - A Megathread (Read OP Before Posting)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just like Nazi representation is banned in Germany, we had enough mentions of that in this thread. It doesn't surprise me that anything that is even vaguely remotely assimilated with Nazism is banned in the Jewish State.
Weird considering the nazis basically created Isreal with the Haavara Agreement

Player: I will project my political sensibilities relating race, culture and violence on this historical warcry.

Game Company: We will not include such warcry given it's heavy political connotation.

Player: Absurd! You are reinterpreting the past in light of modern politics!!! It's the political correctness dictatorship!!!

Me: ......

okay.

Firstly. How has the fans have projected their sensibilities relating race, culture and violence on this historical warcry?

second. So why have words that can have a strong political connection at all, like jihad or for god and israel?

You say dissociation from the far right is the norm. Is it really too much to expect you to actually distance yourself from a phrase which, again, is basically irrelevant outside of its use as a far right meme?

What do you mean, I actually distance myself? I don't agree with far right extremists, So I have to discard a phrase I see has having nothing to do with them? I don't care why they say hateful things. I am using the term Deus Vult in regard to exactly the medieval period in exactly Crusader Kings 2 and 3 a p.c. game. Why do I have to defend myself and my political beliefs over this, and why do I need to provide proof, why is it any less ridiculous than asking you for proof.

I read the next line of your post, and I understand it. It's a slippery slope fallacy, and even if it wasn't I have difficulty feeling upset about it. To be honest, there are bigger injustices in my life than an irrelevant, questionably-historical term not appearing in a questionably-historical video game.

Precedence is not slipper slope fallacy. I don't think banning Deus Vult will result in Crusader Kings 4 being pre-approved by the CCP for correct beliefs.

I believe the precedence of allowing the media to demand certain "naughty bad words" which have entirely historical contexts be banned means other potentially sensitive phrases can be taken out and these changes would endanger the integrity of the medium

You say dissociation from the far right is the norm. Is it really too much to expect you to actually distance yourself from a phrase which, again, is basically irrelevant outside of its use as a far right meme?

Can you post any of those vile far-right memes you people keep talking about?
Because in all honesty, it was not until yesterday that I found out that Deus Vult and ok-sign were somehow attributed to far-right extremists, especially considering that an ok-sign is commonly being used in school my kid goes to by teachers and teacher-assistants as a part non-verbal communication support. And now I keep seeing those far-right memes being constantly mentioned by people preaching for censorship in CK3. I tried searching for them in the internet using both google and duck-duck go search engines, but all I came up with were mostly a type of memes where one was choosing between girl-friend and going to crusade on Jerusalem, and I haven't found even a single one which I would readily classify as an alt-right racism propaganda or anything like that. So at these point it feels like some people blowing a non-existing issue out of proportion, referring to something that 99.x% people in general, and in this community in particular, would never encounter or come up with.

Hard to talk with someone who accuses anyone disagreeing with them of "psychosis".

https://time.com/5395444/europe-far-right-italy-salvini-sweden-france-germany/

The far right has significantly grown in power the last decade.

I also disagree regarding your claim on genocide. Far-right groups are loud about wanting to mass murder non-Europeans.
It really must be some sort of psychosis though to think any desire for sovereignty or myriad other historically normative political positions amount to "wanting to mass murder non-Europeans." At the very least it's incredibly silly of you.

Maybe it's the only response some people have to extreme progressivism that is spread everythere as the only right way to live and think? This decade gone really crazy in critique of capitalism, machism, colonialism etc.

I'd love to hear your definition of "extreme progressivism"

And I don't see what's wrong with criticizing capitalism, machism, colonialism etc. unless you think those things shouldn't be allowed to be criticized.

It really must be some sort of psychosis though to think any desire for sovereignty or myriad other historically normative political positions amount to "wanting to mass murder non-Europeans." At the very least it's incredibly silly of you.

Several Lega Nord members speak murderously against illegal immigrants (Bossi suggested in 2003 opening fire on the boats of illegal immigrants from Africa, whom he described as bingo-bongos; and Giancarlo Gentilini labeled foreigners as "immigrant slackers", saying that "we should dress them up like hares and bang-bang-bang").

It's not "psychosis" to point out that this is murderous rhetoric.

Can you post any of those vile far-right memes you people keep talking about?
Because in all honesty, it was not until yesterday that I found out that Deus Vult and ok-sign were somehow attributed to far-right extremists, especially considering that an ok-sign is commonly being used in school my kid goes to by teachers and teacher-assistants as a part non-verbal communication support. And now I keep seeing those far-right memes being constantly mentioned by people preaching for censorship in CK3. I tried searching for them in the internet using both google and duck-duck go search engines, but all I came up with were mostly a type of memes where one was choosing between girl-friend and going to crusade on Jerusalem, and I haven't found even a single one which I would readily classify as an alt-right racism propaganda or anything like that. So at these point it feels like some people blowing a non-existing issue out of proportion, referring to something that 99.x% people in general, and in this community in particular, would never encounter or come up with.
They use the “alt-right” as an excuse to remove Christian history and culture from their games due to the increasing hostility in the modern world towards us simply because we believe in Christ.

They use the “alt-right” as an excuse to remove Christian history and culture from their games due to the increasing hostility in the modern world towards us simply because we believe in Christ.

No proof for what you just said.

Not him, but I'd categorize claiming the OK hand signal is a secret racist code and calling anyone who uses it a racist/neo-nazi as "extreme progressivism"

Again, where's the proof? I've never seen it being sad that ALL people who use the OK symbol are nazis. What was said was that there are internet nazis who are trying to use the hand symbol to identify each other. That's an important distinction which you're glossing over.

So yeah, I'm still waiting for those examples of "extreme progressivism".

Hard to talk with someone who accuses anyone disagreeing with them of "psychosis".

https://time.com/5395444/europe-far-right-italy-salvini-sweden-france-germany/

The far right has significantly grown in power the last decade.

I also disagree regarding your claim on genocide. Far-right groups are loud about wanting to mass murder non-Europeans.

I mean, it's just a matter of context. Bucharin was on the right in the Bolshevik Party, but he would be considered a left-wing extremist in any Western country today. In a predominantly liberal political environment you could say strong conservatives are "the far right", but from a neutral point of view they just aren't, and sure as hell they aren't advocating genocide or apartheid.

I'd love to hear your definition of "extreme progressivism"

And I don't see what's wrong with criticizing capitalism, machism, colonialism etc. unless you think those things shouldn't be allowed to be criticized.

Extreme progressivism is taking historical racial issues from America and translating them worldwide, like when americans threaten russian cosplayers with really harmless blackspace. Or when japanese games are critisized due to "glorifiing the police" or "transphobia" (Catherine).

Colonialism, capitalism and machism may be critisized freely but the critique must be freed from emotions. RIght now the reception of them is completely one-sided and not objective.

There's definitely a Catholic element to the alt-right.

I think a lot of people think the alt-right are all NatSoc (Nazi) but it's a really fractious 'community'. They spend a lot of time in-fighting. The NatSoc guys are all about the Germanic paganism but they're not exactly synonymous with alt-right. It's a term that encompasses many different versions of white ethnostatism.

Not to say I disagree with you. But if people associate Catholicism with alt-right it's because many of the sub-communities identifying as that are self proclaimed Catholics. That said, agree totally that there's a push against Christianity in general and people are looking for any excuse. Not one myself, but empathise.

Not him, but I'd categorize claiming the OK hand signal is a secret racist code and calling anyone who uses it a racist/neo-nazi as "extreme progressivism"

I love how both sides are engaged in delusional conspiracy theory but only see the other side's.

Last edited:
but from a neutral point of view they just aren't, and sure as hell they aren't advocating genocide or apartheid.

And it's just a coincidence that the "neutral point of view" is basically YOUR view.

Whatever, I've already posted quotations of Lega Nord politicians calling for murder of non-europeans. Which you ignored.

Extreme progressivism is taking historical racial issues from America and translating them worldwide, like when americans threaten russian cosplayers with really harmless blackspace. Or when japanese games are critisized due to "glorifiing the police" or "transphobia" (Catherine).

Colonialism, capitalism and machism may be critisized freely but the critique must be freed from emotions. RIght now the reception of them is completely one-sided and not objective.

It's funny for you to mention that "critique must be freed from emotions" since right now it's you who's having an emotional reaction to criticism.

And that also applies to everyone losing their mind over the possibility of not including TWO WORDS.

Status
Not open for further replies.