• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Mr_Rattus

Recruit
Jul 3, 2022
Hi. We got a few problems, one may cause the other.
First. Pretty much every game we play gets desync over time. At least it shows the error message for the non-host players. (occasionally only one player)
We can continue playing but the second problem gets more frequent as we continue.
Second. Selecting a research, recruiting leaders and stuff like that won't register for non host players. It basically gets unplayable.

What we tried was:
1. the guy with the slowest PC was host.
2. the fastes pc hosted the game
3. we paused a few minutes after reloading the savestate just to get the error desync again
4. we played on slow for some time
nothing fixed it. We got desync again pretty much immediately after reloading the game.

Thx in advance

Any mods involved? If so please test with a new galaxy with NO mods.

And have you tried the "cross store MP" version in the launcher? That uses a different MP server.

actually, since i purchased the game on gog, i think i only got the cross store mp, don't i?
That's right, yes.

Is everyone using the same language in-game? If not please try that.

If each of your team do a test MP game with any other player, which of you continue to get these problems?