• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Destiny of the Clan Otomo

When I emerged victorious from the battle of Aso, I actually thought that I had a chance. Things didn't look so bad - the enemy's armies were spread out and he lost almost 3500 men in the battle. However, the grim reality soon destroyed my optimism.

You can also see that Clan Ouchi was going down and one of the plotters tried to convince me to attack my northern neighbour. This would be a great opportunity if I were not going down myself...

The Kamachi managed to coordinate the actions of all their armies and dealt a decisive blow in the second battle of Aso. The defeat was so severe that I probably already lost the game at this point.

My ninjas managed to kill Shimazu Harumune, the Shimazu clan leader. This was a success, but it was totally eclipsed by the end of the siege of the castle in Kuma, which was an important bottleneck in the south. To make the matters worse, from that point on the Shimazu and the Kamachi had a common border.

With massive enemy armies everywhere, the clan holdings being reduced to just a few provinces and the enemy that was unwilling to negotiate, the Otomo clan leader decided to commit seppuku. This has to be what the destiny had in store for the Clan Otomo all along. After the war, the clan soon faded in obscurity. It appeared that someone else was destined to become the Shogun.

The End

Thanks for commenting, folks. It was a pleasurable adventure and it's good to see that the devs managed to create a challenging game for a change ;)

A pity that you've been defeated, but it's been a quite enjoyable AAR, indeed.

Interesting read, looks like the AI is pretty good :)

I just finished reading through this, rather saddened to see it ending already but it was a very good read, gripping stuff. Sengoku certainly does look like a challenge, I'm certainly going to have to purchase it soon. Although Clan Otomo did sadly fail in their quest to become Shogun, at least they finished off the Kamachi and Shimazu leaders with their ninja before the end!

A pity that you've been defeated, but it's been a quite enjoyable AAR, indeed.
Thanks.

Interesting read, looks like the AI is pretty good
that was great stuff ... as with others it looks like a real challenge

certainly bodes well for CK2
Yeah, the AI is good and the game is challenging, especially if you are playing as a small or medium-sized clan.

I just finished reading through this, rather saddened to see it ending already but it was a very good read, gripping stuff. Sengoku certainly does look like a challenge, I'm certainly going to have to purchase it soon. Although Clan Otomo did sadly fail in their quest to become Shogun, at least they finished off the Kamachi and Shimazu leaders with their ninja before the end!
Yeah, I managed to do that at least :D

Tough luck with some of those battles.

I like the way you had the courage to take it all the way to defeat.
There is always a chance to employ the Wunderwaffe, e.g. DOW from other clans on your enemies ;). Unfortunately, this didn't happen :(

Your ambitions were brutally crushed, but sometimes (often) it is more interesting to read about defeats than victories. You went down fighting hard. As Hardradi said, thanks for seeing the AAR through to its sad conclusion, rather than abandoning it. :)

bzfdneyt5o17ma8hv.jpg

Why did you attack the United States? :D

BTW the AAR forum of Sengoku seems to be dead. Do you think there is room for a new AAR? Maybe I could start one in February.

Considering that it is indeed sadly rather dead, I think there is room for many new AARs! It would be good to see another from yourself.