• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Time for a quick peace with the Shimazu and then double-marching your armies to the Kamachi - I would assume the war (with the Shimazu) is going well enough that you can end it with some kind of victory?

The Kamachi might be doing you a favor by attacking you and saving you the honor of having to declare on them, but I do hope this is the last war in a while - you don't need an endless succession of wars with all your neighbors, you'll never get anything done.

The Two-Front War

Even though the clan leader gained a "Brave" trait, the beginning of the two-front war was not very encouraging. The Shimazu beat me at Kuma with a 1:4 casualty ratio. A crushing defeat, indeed.

Things weren't looking good in the north, either. I lost two battles in Taguchi and Aso, although with better casualty ratios. If the war will proceed like that, this will be a short AAR.

Finally, some victories! The enemy was defeated at Kuma and I regained the initiviate in the south. Moreover, after bloody battles in Taguchi, the Kamachi were finally repelled from the province!

Another victory in Takuma, with a very good casualty ratio. I may have a chance!

Unfortunately, my ninjas haven't been very successful so far. They failed to assassinate Kamachi Fusatsuna, the Kamachi clan leader. It's good that nobody spotted them, though.

I am trying to improve my relations with the Ouchi by arranging marriages, but somehow, all my offers are rejected. This is worrying, because if the Ouchi attack me, I'm toast :(

YES! I got lucky and my offer was accepted. I will try to improve my relations with the Ouchi further.

As you can see, the Shimazu are quite weak, but the Kamachi have a massive army in the north. Generally, we are quite evenly matched, at least for the moment. However, the Shimazu don't want to talk about peace, so there is no chance of transforming this war into a regular one-front war.

The Ouchi offered to exchange hostages. Guess which option I picked?

I was beaten at Taguchi. The casualty ratio wasn't so bad, though. Still, the Kamachi have the initiative.

The ninjas are still being useless.

I scored a victory at Tamana, but the casualty ratio was far from being satisfactory. Still, a victory is a victory, so I won't complain too much.

The Ouchi clan is now at war with the Takeda clan. This is great news, because that means that they will not be a threat to my clan in the near future. I like how the AI tries to secure its borders by exchanging hostages before declaring war on another clan!

The ninjas have finally succeed in their assassination attempt of Kamachi Fusatsuna! They are now led by a child who has no idea about warfare. Unforuntately, the Kamachi armies are still bigger than mine.

The future remains uncertain.

Yesterday I was playing the demo with the Shoni. After getting 3 provinces from the kikuchi while they were being trashed by the Shimazu (Kicking someone while they're down is fun!!) I peaced and waited a bit for honor to attack the Kamachi.

Things did not go well. The Kamachi were also very much a pain and had a bigger punch than I expected... :(

that wasn't incredibly successful! ... still at least you seem to have stemmed the tide for now
For now... Yes.

Things did not go well. The Kamachi were also very much a pain and had a bigger punch than I expected...
I was surprised, too.

Doing nicely, how many troops do you have? Those seem to have been some pretty big losses for a smallish clan...
A few thousand. No clan of the ones involved can field massive armies, but sieges take a lot of time, so it's possible to rebuild own potential.

Well, at least the traitorous swine from the Kamachi lies dead - that should restore your honor, even if the game doesn't recognize it. ;)

If I were playing this, I'd be very much tempted to crush the Shimazu (while somehow holding back the Kamachi) and then direct your undivided attention to the Kamachi. Of course, that crucial part about holding back the Kamachi is easier said than done...

If I were playing this, I'd be very much tempted to crush the Shimazu (while somehow holding back the Kamachi) and then direct your undivided attention to the Kamachi. Of course, that crucial part about holding back the Kamachi is easier said than done...
Indeed, easier said than done. I'm afraid that I won't report good news tomorrow ;)

Thank the gods for the ninjas! Usually I always encourage 2 of everything. 2scoops of icecream. 2 portions of chips. 2 pints of lager. But in this case I agree with Sensational.... you didnt really want to get into a 2front war! The only thing worst is a 3 front war.... well okay maybe being surrounded by hostile enemies is worse... so at least youre out of a pickle! ;)

Good luck with the marriages. Good women as hard to find! :D

The Crisis

I couldn't afford to lose provinces, so I assembled all my northern forces in Mashiki in order to protect my possessions. With numerical parity, I hoped to at least reduce the fighting strength of the Kamachi.

Clan Ouchi is now engaged in wars with several strong clans, which means that they will not be a threat at all. The only thing worse than a two-front war would be a THREE-front war.

In the south, I had to protect Ata, which only had a small garrison and wouldn't resist the invaders for long. I scored a victory at Kagoshima. Unfortunately, the casualty ratio was very close to 1:1, which meant parity. Still, the Shimazu army was greatly reduced in strength.

One month later, the victory at Kagoshima was followed by victory at Ata with a favourable casualty ratio. I hoped that the Shimazu would need much time to rebuild their forces and that I could focus on the Kamachi.

From the perspective of time, I think that one of my greatest mistakes was the way I overrated Ata. Had I concentrated on one enemy only and left Ata and maybe Kuma to their own fate, things could have been different. Unfortunately, it seems that destiny had its own plans for me and they were not devised with my own good in mind.

The real crisis began with the defeat at Takuma. For every dead Kamachi soldier, three Otomo soldiers lost their life. This was a tragedy which greatly disrupted the balance of force in the north.

The enemy pursued me to Mashiki and dealt another blow there. While the casualty ratio was more favourable this time, the northern army was no more.

It looks like everyone wants to exploit the fact that the Ouchi are busy on many fronts, as they are now at war with six clans. I doubt that they will be able to emerge victorious from this conflict.

The situation is deteriorating fast. The Shimazu were able to raise big armies again and are currently besieging Kuma. The Kamachi are besieging Taguchi and enjoying the high ground there, which means that attacking them in this province could easily end in a disaster. Moreover, ninja activity has become noticeable again.

On the diplomatic front, I took no chances and arranged a marriage with the Clan Kono. They are quite powerful and I don't know when they will end their war with the Ouchi, so it is best to play safe.

Taguchi was conquered by the Kamachi. My only chance of recovering from the crisis was a decisive victory in the north, which would give me some breathing room. Thus, the battle of Aso has begun...

You should just forget the north until finishing up the south front I think.

This does not sound good, not good at all... I hope you can turn things around, after the upcoming unpleasantness you're hinting at. Sounds like you're in a very tough spot, though, with a two-front war and at least one of your main armies completely wrecked.

So how did this end Cybvep - managed to courageously win against the odds or were you so afraid that you haven't started that last save game? ;)