#DesignMeCK3 Contest, show off your Ruler & Realm!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

PDX-Nicou

Captain
39 Badges
Oct 22, 2019
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Prison Architect
  • Surviving Mars
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • War of the Roses
  • Magicka
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Crusader Kings II
Hello everyone!

#DesignMeCK3 is used by Crusader Kings III players to show off their most beautiful or horrific creations with the Ruler Designer feature!
The Council has spoken, and our Liege is ready to gift a Royal Edition - Crusader Kings III to two of the best Creations.
This contest will start today, and will run until the 14th of September.

Do you have enough Prestige to win the competition?

The Creations

You can submit as many entries as you like, but they must follow the following rules:
  • Your Ruler must be the central focus of your screenshot
  • You can illustrate your Ruler in action, for example during an event, or simply by showing your Realm
  • Your family can be displayed alongside your Ruler
  • Any mods can be used to better illustrate your screenshot
  • Feel free to rework your image to better highlight your submission

How to submit your entry:
  • As a tweet, replying to our contest announcement or mentioning our @CrusaderKings account and using the #DesignMeCK3 hashtag
  • As a Facebook post, replying to our contest announcement or using the #DesignMeCK3 hashtag
  • As a comment to this thread
  • Submissions must be in JPEG or PNG format
  • Feel free to add a context, with one paragraph explaining your image
Once you have successfully submitted your entry, feel free to share it with us on Socials (@CrusaderKings, Reddit, Discord or Facebook) using the #DesignMeCK3 hashtag, too!

Example:
DesignMeCK3 The Empire Strikes Back 600x.png

The Jury & Rewards
Once the entry period has closed, the CK3 development team will review entries based on their creativity & quality, and select one (1) winner.
The winner will be contacted via the platform on which they submitted their entry, to receive one (1) Royal Edition of Crusader Kings III on Steam.
Some Creations will be shared on our social Media, including the winner entry.

Dates
The contest starts now!
The contest will run for two weeks, with winners being picked on 14/09/2021.

Thank you for participating in the #DesignMeCK3 contest, have fun!

Last edited:
  • 3Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
After the disastrous attempted crusade for Jerusalem of 1112 King Louis VI of France argued for Christendom to adopt a new approach toward the Muslim world, one based on mutual understanding and compromise. After all, he argued, if Charlemagne himself was allied to the Caliph of Bagdad, why couldn’t modern kings do the same? This logic led to an inevitable falling out with Rome and in 1135 Louis, now an emperor, left the Catholic Church entirely. In 1146, after having defeated the papal armies with the help of his new ally, the Aftasid sultan Isma’il ibn Abu-Bakr, he chased the Catholic pope Marinus V out of Rome and installed a new pope in the eternal city, one that would comply with his new agenda.

20210901211154_1.jpg

• 5Like
Reactions:
In days of old the High One granted his descendent, Sigurd, the foremost son of Ragnar Lodbrok, a divine vision. As is known Sigurd was born with a snake in the eye, that could not be deceived, and he saw the truth of vision and understood the will of the Allfather. Thus he began collecting the fairest roses of Europe for his wives and in the fullness of time he ascended to the role of the Hanged God's mortal hand, the third prophet. Popular history would have you believe he accomplished this courtship by dancing in European courts and singing the Falalalan song under moonlit balconies, but the true tale is told in Born to Breed: House of the Prophets. The famous painting known as "The Family Picnic", showing a proud Sigurd and his four fair roses enjoying an afternoon in the forest, which has been reproduced faithfully in religious art since the 10th century, is believed to have been originally painted from life in 874. Temple tradition has it that Sigurd himself is responsible for the annotations.

sigurds_wives_874.png

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
Here is my attempt to recreate Greco-Bactrian kingdom. I also created an Indogreek Kingdom in Rajastan but my kinsmen were too busy infighting, they lost their independence. I had to invade the region a second time.

bactria.png

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
And they said that no empire lasts forever , well ... now it seems that they were right after all . After the rapid muslim expansion that destroyed the once mighty Sassanid Empire , the Zoroastrian faith was almost evaporated from the face of the Earth , but there was a man that saved everything . His name was Xerxes and he restored the mighty Empire of Achaemenid that once ruled vast areas of the world throught conquest and diplomacy . But now , after the death of his son , Xerxes II. , the Empire is in crysis . The long lost grandson of Shahanshah Xerxes I. has returned to his homeland after a long exile in south Khazaria . His name is also Xerxes and he is the third Shahanshah of that name and also the one that could save or destroy everything that his father and grandfather had forged . The current state of the Empire is catastrophic , it has been rapidly decentralising and the power of regional Shahs is rising . The Shahanshah is losing his grip over the Empire and has become a puppet figure while his wife is gaining more and more prestige and influence . Currently the Shahdom of Anatolia is having a massive scale populist revolt and there are also many vassals that are looking to fill the power vaccume . It is uncertain if the populist will gain their independance from the Empire but for now it seems that the situation is getting worse and worse by every passing day . There are also rumors of a possible coup attempt by a supposed claimaint by the name of Zerdešt . At least the situation with the Byzantines in good , since they have been losing land to a newly formed Kingdoms of Balaton and Wallachia . The question is , will the ill minded and blind Shahanshah manage to overcome the odds and strenghten his grip over the empire or will he lose it to the rising influence of his wife Buhten and his many enemies .

Attachments

• Ck3 Achaemenid Crysis.png
    Ck3 Achaemenid Crysis.png
    2,1 MB · Views: 0
  • 1Like
Reactions:
The Great Moravian Kingdom started small and with time changed its succession laws to who is the oldest member of the family inherits the kingdom.
The Mojmirid dynasty has smart family members that focus on the economy of the realm.
It has a decentralized system where the vessels enjoy total freedom they don't pay taxes don't give levies they are members of the kingdom in their own right.

The barbarians to the north are a danger to the free people of Great Moravia but we have technology on our side and wealth.

Will the Great Moravian kingdom survive or shrink in the history of time?
Only time will see. We have five years to rebuild our economy to gain wealth to hire mercenaries to fight of the barbarian hordes.

We already lost the land of lower SIlesia of our catholic Polish brothers.

Will King Miroslav in five years rebuild the economy and push the Barbarians to the north out of our borders?

Under strong and wise leadership we can do this.

Only patience and honor will lead our house to glory.

Long live House Mojmirid!

Attachments

• CK3 contest.png
    CK3 contest.png
    4,1 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Cyneric I ‘the Fox’
King of Scots (r. 891 - 935)

Founder of the House of McKendrick and father of the Scots Kingdom. Born to a Northumbrian father and a Gaelic mother, Cyneric of Annan (also known today in Scots as 'Kendrick' or 'Kenry'), united the lowlands with its hybrid population of Gaels and Northumbrians, forging the Scots people and a new Kingdom to last the ages.
As the Saxon Kingdom of Northumbria under King Aella collapsed around him, the young Cyneric stoutly defended his lands in Annan(dale) against the Great Heathen army. The skilled tactics and guerrilla warfare he used in the hills and forests of the lowlands earned him the sobriquet, 'the Fox'. Thenceforth. the fox became the symbol of his House. Having established the nascent Scots (Petty) Kingdom in the lowlands from around 981, with Papal blessing he deposed the 'wicked' and excommunicate Gaelic King Caustantin of Alba and in 891, having been crowned according to ancient custom at Scuin, he became undisputed ruler of all of Scotland - Gaelic, Pictish, Saxon, Scots and Cumbrian alike. Jerusalemite Crusader and bane of the heathen Northmen - Cyneric's fame had spread far and wide by the time of his death in 935 at the age of 84.​

Note: This character and picture is taken from my first main run with CK3 which was narrated in my first AAR, Gesta Filii Cunerici.

Attachments

• C9B1890B-2DBE-418D-AB62-85285B0D04BC.png
    C9B1890B-2DBE-418D-AB62-85285B0D04BC.png
    16,1 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Hello everyone,

I am here to announce the two winners of the #DesignMeCK3 contest!
  • Origulator - Emperor Martin 'The Defender of Rod' of Czech Empire
  • Castlera - Cyneric I ‘the Fox’, King of Scots
Origulator - Emperor Martin 'The Defender of Rod' of Czech Empire.jpg Castlera - Cyneric I ‘the Fox’, King of Scots.png

Please join me in congratulating the winners! We have selected the best looking lands/rulers & the best story.
Thank you all for sharing your entries with us, we really enjoyed reading your stories & seeing your beloved rulers. Feel free to continue sharing your best images of your lands & rulers from Crusader Kings III! :cool:
The winners will be contacted this week to receive their prizes.

See you soon, as we continue to ramp up our Dev Diaries toward the future release of the expansion Royal Court!
You can read everything there is to know about Royal Court in our FAQ RoCo.

• 4Like
Reactions:
Congratulations!

• 1Like
Reactions:
Thank you all for sharing your entries with us, we really enjoyed reading your stories & seeing your beloved rulers. Feel free to continue sharing your best images of your lands & rulers from Crusader Kings III! :cool:
Ok, if you insist. I made another one for an upcoming chapter of my current AAR game that I could have used here, but held it back since I liked my "Sigurd Family Picnic" joke more than is probably good for me and didn't want to give it competition. :p

gorm_1008_runestones.png

(Custom CoA and country colour, in case anybody wonders.)

Last edited:
  • 1Like
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
Ok, if you insist. I made another one for an upcoming chapter of my current AAR game that I could have used here, but held it back since I liked my "Sigurd Family Picnic" joke more than is probably good for me and didn't want to give it competition. :p

View attachment 756425
(Custom CoA and country colour, in case anybody wonders.)
This is grand!! I love it, great job :eek:
You left your Denmark all over the place

I disagree Nicou, face me.
NO U