• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(50267)

Second Lieutenant
Nov 7, 2005
1200 Hours 25th December 1935. At this time an assassin with pro-communist views broke into Hitlers Presidential House and fired a shot straight at Hitler (who had been celebrating Christmas alone for a change) which hit him in the shoulder. The Man then stabbed him repeatedly. Hitler died instantly.

Later on at 1800 Hours, THe Police arrived and arrested the Assassin who was identified as Peter Smoldov, A German citizen of Russian descent. The Reichstag sent a letter to Karl Donitz who was visiting the newly built U7 infomring him of Hitlers Death. Karl Donitz was made President Of Germany but refused to Assume the title Fuhrer. He immediately sent a letter to Ernst Toller, who was in Voluntary exile in New York asking for Help. Ernst reluctantly agreed and became head of Goverment. Hermann Goering announced himself leader of the Nazi Party, but it was too late for them. Most of The party members left, leaving the Nazi Party consisting of Only Hermann Goering, Heinrich Himmler and a few others. Donitz quickly needed a cabinet and fast.

And so this AAR begins.
No cheats except the No War cheat so France and Britain dont attack me.

Hope people will enjoy this Virtual history AAR

Last edited:
Patriotes1837 said:
Will it be longer than your Chile AAR? ;)

Interesting to see where you'll go with this. So no war with France and Uk... hum.

:rofl: well im planning to rebuild the army anyway. What happens remains to be seen

Michaeru said:
What is your style of government with Raeder as HoS?

Well, I decided it would be slightly Communist but not Very. Officially my goverment is Stalinist. BTW Donitz is HoS not Raeder .
:)

I shall do my first installment soon. I may now reveal my cabinet:
Head of State: Karl Donitz
Head of Goverment: Ernst Toller
Foreign Minister: Johann-Schwerin von Krosigk
Armaments Minister: Claus von Stauffenburg
Minister of Security: Karl Sack
Minister of Intelligence: Hans Georg von Friedeburg
Chief of Staff: Heinz Guderian
Chief of Army: Erwin von Witzleben
Chief of Navy: Erich Raeder
Chief of Air: Albert Kesselring

Last edited:
Nice start Mr Patriot, I take it it will be Germany struggling against the commies!?!? :D

Sir Clive.

A Introduction

Donitz sat deep into his comfy chair staring at the most tedious papers which he had been handed. He was struggling to decide on some of his cabinet. Somebody knocked on his office door.

Donitz sighed "Come in"

It was Albert Kesselring, dressed in full Air Marshall Uniform and wearing a worried look on his face. He slammed a 50 Page Report onto the table with quite a Thud.

"We need More Squadrons" He said simply.
"Look Albert" Donitz sighed again. "Heinz says that The Kriegsmarine needs work first. Frankly looking at U7 A few days ago, It wasnt in too good condition" Donitz Showed him a file on the Navy.
"Well, we need them soon anyway"
"Im not going to forget any Branch of the Armed Forces" Donitz assured.
A Pause.
"Right Albert, please tell Claus Von Stauffenburg that he is MInister of Armaments

Last edited:
Im going to have a try at scripting events for this goverment such as elections and so on. cant promise anything but i will give it a try ;)

Part 1

By the Time The Donitz goverment was in place, Spring was already at its height. In March 1936, Donitz announced that He was going to ignore rules on the Rhineland and reoccupy it. He got away with it. Also in that time, The Olympic Stadium was finished. The Games would be held in November. A Huge Flag was Prepared. However, this was a new flag that Donitz had made the Flag of Germany. He had chosen the Flag of the Teutonic Order (Black Cross on White Background). But In July, all was to ignite.........

German Intervention in the Spanish Civil War.

In july the spanish civil war began. Donitz was asked by Franco to provide aid to which he said

Karl Donitz said:

Germany even helped the Republicans. Two Corps were sent plus almost all the Luftwaffe.

German Armed Forces in Spain:

X Corps (Kesselring. Landed at Bilbao)
Luftwaffe (Kesselring)
VIII Corps (Rommel. Landed at Almeria)

In a humiliating defeat, The whole X Corps was annihilated at Pamplona. However the VIII Corps managed to kick the Nationalists out of Southern Spain. The Luftwaffe also bombed Vigo numerous times. However Donitz was losing interest and the casualties were quite high. He ordered a withdrawal of all forces except the Luftwaffe. On January 8 1937, The last german soldier left spain. Beforethe Germans left they handed over all their winnings to the Republicans.

The Danish Crisis.

in January 1937, Ernst Toller said that he and Donitz were going to press for the restoration of Holstein to Germany. Thus begun intense negociations.
Also Krosigk was replaced with Ulrich Hassel. Krosigk had been doing a bad job and it was thought best for Germany. Finally In July, after 7 months of refusing, Donitz lost his temper. The Danish Borders were smashed down and panzers advanced into South Denmark and the U-Boats sunk a Danish convoy. But then, the Danish Goverment resigned and the new one said it would accept the German Demands. Holstein was given to Germany. As a bonus, so was Schleswig. In Return, Germany agreed to pay for repairs on damaged land. WW2 had narrowly been averted.

Donitz was lauded as he returned from Copenhagen. Millons of People greeted him as he was driven in his car.

AAR Viewers. I have made a slight mistake. I meant to do an update on the 1936 Olympics but i forgot. If you want me to show it then i will now.

British Patriot