• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
We're all missing the most egregious change, which is the removal of the all unread updated threads you're watching button. Now that, is inexcusable.
That is inconvenient indeed. It shouldn’t be too hard for them to reintroduce it or have a ‘show unread’ button in the screen. At the moment it’s just in bold with a green sidebar. But not as bad as the prospective loss of threadmarks would have been, I think.

I also miss the exact numbers for views on each AAR now being rounded, but that is pretty minor.

I also miss the exact numbers for views on each AAR now being rounded, but that is pretty minor.
This is far from a minor problem. Without the exact number how will I be able to update my lovely array of utterly pointless graphs; views vs reply, view per day and such like?

Reactions:
This is far from a minor problem. Without the exact number how will I be able to update my lovely array of utterly pointless graphs; views vs reply, view per day and such like?
Put like that, it is indeed a problem for the ages. How will we ever exactly work out the average views per day since since Inevitable Defeat began (both real days and slower than real time game days)? Heartbroken. :(

Reactions:

You could always write or speak to those smaller humans living in your house...:eek:

Why on earth would they remove something like that though? Why are features being removed in updates? This is not how it's supposed to work.

Reactions:
You could always write or speak to those smaller humans living in your house...:eek:

Why on earth would they remove something like that though? Why are features being removed in updates? This is not how it's supposed to work.
Because leaner, meaner, and greener is the Corporate Way. Everything must be dumbed down, simplified, and made uniform across all platforms, first and foremost mobile devices. This way, the Corporation is sure to bring in as many customers as possible and make many divdends for the all-powerful Shareholders.

Seriously, the disconnect between the business types and the businesses they "manage" is astounding. These people genuinely have no clue that their product intrinsically appeals to a niche market, and honestly believe that with the power of Corporate Branding™ they can sell grand strategy games to the average Joe Bumpkin in (insert stereotyped rural area of your country here).

Reactions:
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
My issue is that whenever I try and open the multiple threads in new tabs on my phone, it automatically logs me out despite showing that I'm logged in, which results in a series of "You Must Be Logged In To Do That" screens... And general frustration.

• 1Like
Reactions:
with the power of Corporate Branding™ they can sell grand strategy games to the average Joe Bumpkin in (insert stereotyped rural area of your country here).

Ah, Chelsea.

They are small, but I remain to be convinced on the human front. Devils in human form perhaps...

• 2Haha
Reactions:
Why are features being removed in updates? This is not how it's supposed to work.

I'm not sure - I frequently see IT "updates" that are one step forward, two steps back these days - the Paradox forum do-over (which, beyond better hotkey support for formatting in unordered lists, and being able to have images at the top of new threads, hasn't endeared itself to me yet) is far from alone. I'm not, however, suggesting we should be happy with this :)

Reactions:
They are small, but I remain to be convinced on the human front. Devils in human form perhaps...
Perhaps less little Pippettes, and more little Kelebeks, eh?

• 2Haha
Reactions:
Ah, Chelsea.
Having never been, I'll ascribe some sort of longing (?) value to this statement...

Perhaps less little Pippettes, and more little Kelebeks, eh?
They are, if anything, useful reminders for those of us who do not have children of the dangers of a lack of prophylactics.

I'm not sure - I frequently see IT "updates" that are one step forward, two steps back these days - the Paradox forum do-over (which, beyond better hotkey support for formatting in unordered lists, and being able to have images at the top of new threads, hasn't endeared itself to me yet) is far from alone. I'm not, however, suggesting we should be happy with this :)
Speaking of the update, BEHOLD! I have updated (some) of the graphics of this AAR. Peruse to the index (yes, @Bullfilter, even you! Just don't scroll down too far) for a revamp of the graphics there and flip through the chapters for a cleaner and blended look for the headers! While I'm off and have no demands on my time for the next few days aside from chores, I'm going to be applying my better knowledge of the powers of Piktochart to revamp the older Appendices and make the graphics all flow better. Some of them (like the one with Axis gear) are unlikely to be updated, but I'll try and get something into the TO&E ones for what the units were/are using.

One more update of action from February and March 1943, which closes this sad chapter of the Royal Navy's woes but opens the next for April and May, before cruising right along to June and July at which point the focus ends on the North Sea.

• 1Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
I have a personal policy against retroactively improving things as it slows down the narrative. (see The Butterfly Effect for reference). I also know myself well enough to know that if I started down that path, I would keep going back to change it up again and again. That said, I look forward to the new graphics and the next update.

Reactions:
I have a personal policy against retroactively improving things as it slows down the narrative. (see The Butterfly Effect for reference).
Incredibly wise words and you should heed them - revision and polish is for before publication, not after. Changing what has already been done is a dark and distracting path, just think how many other films Ridley Scott could have made if he hadn't mucked about with 456 new director's cuts of Blade Runner?

• 1Haha
Reactions:
I have a personal policy against retroactively improving things as it slows down the narrative. (see The Butterfly Effect for reference). I also know myself well enough to know that if I started down that path, I would keep going back to change it up again and again. That said, I look forward to the new graphics and the next update.
My itch for making sure that everything is the best that it can be for you fine folks is what keeps me going. It also was annoying me to no end that the title cards weren't blending in as I wanted them to. I also started a bit of a thing for the foreign and domestic politics posts, you should check it out and see if you can work out what I've done! (Its not that obtuse, honestly).

Incredibly wise words and you should heed them - revision and polish is for before publication, not after. Changing what has already been done is a dark and distracting path, just think how many other films Ridley Scott could have made if he hadn't mucked about with 456 new director's cuts of Blade Runner?
More incredibly wise words from Lord Pip... Who is in no way performing a Redux of his own work (albeit even slower than the semi-biennial updates to his own work) :rolleyes::D

Its more of a thing to keep me busy while I guide a friend of mine through her gaming on my main computer. Rather than sit bored, and since I can't advance the time line, I've taken to doing this work.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Having never been, I'll ascribe some sort of longing (?) value to this statement...

It's the posh borough in London just below Kensington in poshness. It's also a shithole because the residents keep refusing to allow any modernisations/greater London j provments to go through 'their' land. It's the reason why there's so few ringroads and good cycle paths in London.

It's the posh borough in London just below Kensington in poshness. It's also a shithole because the residents keep refusing to allow any modernisations/greater London j provments to go through 'their' land. It's the reason why there's so few ringroads and good cycle paths in London.
I'm impressed. Every single part of that is wrong, which even for a string of generalisations is something of an achievement. ;)

More incredibly wise words from Lord Pip... Who is in no way performing a Redux of his own work (albeit even slower than the semi-biennial updates to his own work) :rolleyes::D
Exactly. Learn from my mistakes, someone had better benefit from them.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I'm impressed. Every single part of that is wrong, which even for a string of generalisations is something of an achievement. ;)

That was rather the point. You don't make up random shit about England with your friends?

• 2Haha
Reactions:
Exactly. Learn from my mistakes, someone had better benefit from them.
Makes note: "Don't...play...Slovakia"

Truly educational.

That was rather the point. You don't make up random shit about England with your friends?
I do, and I'm not even from England! :p

Although certainly we can all set aside our differences to agree that the most important thing is a healthy daily dose of making fun of France. :D

• 2Like
Reactions:
Although certainly we can all set aside our differences to agree that the most important thing is a healthy daily dose of making fun of France. :D

We did that so often in the HOI forums that a Frenchman actually complained and we had a fairly long and in-depth discussion over why France is quite misaligned in media and common memory despite historical evidence to the contrary of them being, as the Simpsons put it, 'cheese-eating surrender monkeys.'