• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Thanks but 12 categories with 6 candidates for each is just insanity. I doubt I've actually read 72 AARs in the 15 years that I've been a member.
Fear not, you can vote for as few categories and AARs as you wish. :) No need to go the full house! ;)

Fear not, you can vote for as few categories and AARs as you wish. :) No need to go the full house! ;)

Indeed the fierce annual debate over whether talking turkey is gameplay or history book is upon us once again. As is, apparently, the debate over whether I'm funny or not...

Since I'm here, I hope everyone eligible is voting in this thrice damned election of ours. Apparently there arw dogs outside, if nothing else.

Indeed the fierce annual debate over whether talking turkey is gameplay or history book is upon us once again. As is, apparently, the debate over whether I'm funny or not...

Since I'm here, I hope everyone eligible is voting in this thrice damned election of ours. Apparently there arw dogs outside, if nothing else.
Heh! Well, as I’ve seen with some votes, it seems you can vote for the same AAR in different categories if you want. :D So this AAR would be ... narrative/history book/gameplay?? :cool: It’s a quandary. :p For TT, I can’t pick one category myself, as it deliberately ranges across 3-4. :confused:

Indeed the fierce annual debate over whether talking turkey is gameplay or history book is upon us once again.
Heh! Well, as I’ve seen with some votes, it seems you can vote for the same AAR in different categories if you want. :D So this AAR would be ... narrative/history book/gameplay?? :cool: It’s a quandary. :p For TT, I can’t pick one category myself, as it deliberately ranges across 3-4. :confused:
I figured the categories to be more, which AARs are the best at accomplishing that particular style. So if TT is the best at accomplishing a gameplay style, and also the best at accomplishing a history book style, it can go in both of those categories. Of course, while some may think that, others may feel that it is better at one than another, and yet others may feel that it stretches too thin and doesn't excel at any one of those categories (the fools! :mad:). But in any case I think it works out alright.

Thanks but 12 categories with 6 candidates for each is just insanity. I doubt I've actually read 72 AARs in the 15 years that I've been a member.

As Bullfilter notes, some of the AARs definitely qualify for multiple areas, and I've been honored to be nominated for a few at various points. Moreso when I was more reliably updating... but I digress.

I'd imagine mine clearly delineates to history book... perhaps with a nice eye towards graphics? One might be hopeful... :rolleyes:

I figured the categories to be more, which AARs are the best at accomplishing that particular style. So if TT is the best at accomplishing a gameplay style, and also the best at accomplishing a history book style, it can go in both of those categories. Of course, while some may think that, others may feel that it is better at one than another, and yet others may feel that it stretches too thin and doesn't excel at any one of those categories (the fools! :mad:). But in any case I think it works out alright.

Bullfilter is not only a master of combining several of the various genres available to us, but does so across several games at once. Which seems unfair to try and compete with! :D

As always, hate to double post but...

It's Aliiiive! It's ALLIIIIIIIVE!!!

MOnFYZo.jpg

Last edited:
As always, hate to double post but...

It's Aliiiive! It's ALLIIIIIIIVE!!!

MOnFYZo.jpg
I do believe sir I may state, without any chance of being contradicted by any persons here present, that you are gloriously insane.

Who Dares Wins, or something :)

It's a thing of beauty. As to the backgrounds, the fighter planes and the 3D Intelligence Sigil are cool and all, but the tintin background on the laptop on the right is definitely the winner here.:cool:

:eek::cool::) Heavy duty, man!

And a sixth computer is en route as we speak... :confused::eek::D

Because at this point, a human probably should be in charge of the Soviet Union as well. Right? Hmm?

:eek::eek::eek:

What the actual fu--

Isn't it glorious? From left to right, it's GB, USA, GER, JAP, ITA.

Let me recommend " Mouse without Borders" for this setup, makes it a lot easier to control all these goodies :)

Pray tell, what is that? And would it cause a problem with the scroll functions on the other computers?

I do believe sir I may state, without any chance of being contradicted by any persons here present, that you are gloriously insane.

Who Dares Wins, or something :)

I only answer myself on occasion...

It's a thing of beauty. As to the backgrounds, the fighter planes and the 3D Intelligence Sigil are cool and all, but the tintin background on the laptop on the right is definitely the winner here.:cool:

You're absolutely right. Tintin is quite literally my childhood, and I now own all of them other than Tintin in Africa and Tintin in the Land of the Soviets.

hahahah this is fabulous

I try to shut down lots of the other electricity using things in the house when I'm doing all of this...

Tintin is quite literally my childhood, and I now own all of them other than Tintin in Africa and Tintin in the Land of the Soviets.
Mine too, and those two titles are quite tough to find. 'in Africa' (originally called 'in Congo') had fewer reprints because of controversy about it's portrayal of Belgian colonialism, and it's racist portrayal of black characters. 'In the land of Soviets' because it's in black and white, and the Soviet Union doesn't exist anymore, which means it was never re-edited (until today's collector editions). I do remember reading my dad's original copy when I was a kid, from when he was a kid.
If you ever make it to Belgium, make sure you don't miss the dedicated Hergé museum in Louvain-la-Neuve. (a 1 hour train ride from Brussels Central station) There is also the 'Musée de la bande dessinée' in Brussels.

The beast has arisen again, as was foretold in the prophecy.

And a sixth computer is en route as we speak... :confused::eek:

Isn't it glorious? From left to right, it's GB, USA, GER, JAP, ITA.
The only sensible choice is for machine six to be used to control SLO. Or, if one is feeling particularly old school, NOR.
DYAEiOu.gif

Mine too, and those two titles are quite tough to find. 'in Africa' (originally called 'in Congo') had fewer reprints because of controversy about it's portrayal of Belgian colonialism, and it's racist portrayal of black characters. 'In the land of Soviets' because it's in black and white, and the Soviet Union doesn't exist anymore, which means it was never re-edited (until today's collector editions). I do remember reading my dad's original copy when I was a kid, from when he was a kid.
If you ever make it to Belgium, make sure you don't miss the dedicated Hergé museum in Louvain-la-Neuve. (a 1 hour train ride from Brussels Central station) There is also the 'Musée de la bande dessinée' in Brussels.

My parents got to go on one of their recent stints in Europe... they brought me back a Tintin t-shirt (with the moon rocket taking off) from the museum. I was sufficiently jealous that one of the only reasons I'm looking for a roommate to rent out one of my rooms is so that I can make enough money to travel again...

"Mouse without border" is when you have multiple computers and just want one mouse and keyboard to use on all.

Interesting. I'll have to look into it, because for sure, that'd be a pretty good arrangement. My concern is that if the cursor "goes off the edge" of one of the computers, that'll start the map scrolling and I'll get super annoyed and/or motion sick from that visual out the side of my eyes. One keyboard would be awesome though, definitely.

This is the way.

The only sensible choice is for machine six to be used to control SLO. Or, if one is feeling particularly old school, NOR.
DYAEiOu.gif

Well, one might have said that France deserves a chance, but honestly, they don't. After first leaving the British in the dust by electing the AF, then all of that other stuff that they did... But for sure, SLO might make it into the mix. When I had four, I was controlling HUN for a time (and thus had my forces on all of the main Axis nations), but as I was saying, it was getting too easy.

@Wraith11B does it have a name? Hydra, perhaps? Also, given you’re now going to be playing both/all three sides, the heads are all biting at each other - all at once :cool:. This is approaching the ideal of gaming insanity. :p

@Wraith11B does it have a name? Hydra, perhaps? Also, given you’re now going to be playing both/all three sides, the heads are all biting at each other - all at once :cool:. This is approaching the ideal of gaming insanity. :p

It definitely does take a bit of multiple personalities... especially with the Axis now. Got to try and feel like they're not really helping each other, as well as trying to work out exactly how the US/GB pact works out.